Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2012, 08:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Best 2012 Investment?

Who's the best Investment from the 2012 RC class?

Im going to say Andrew Luck will go down as the best investment from 2012 RC class..
Old 11-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #2 (permalink)

Long term, Andrew Luck. Doug Martin will be up there too. Doug Martin was a good investment this season if you started early. I was able to pick up 10 of his autos before he broke out. But I would say long term it's definitely Andrew Luck.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

RGIII is getting up to be a big investment! 8 touchdowns in last 2 games
Mike13198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:01 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike13198 View Post
RGIII is getting up to be a big investment! 8 touchdowns in last 2 games
Not if you are going to buy now. His prices will not be this high again unless he wins MVP or the Super Bowl.

OP, you want to buy low. Guys like Luck, RG3, and Martin have peaked and will go down going forward until they hit some milestone. If your goal is a nice profit you need to find someone who hasn't played yet but has a lot of potential. Once they have a breakout game you sell. Buying Luck cards for investment now is a bad "investment" move because of the price.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)

If an investment is buy low and sell high, neither BOBIII or Luck, IMO, fit that. They are both pretty dang high.

I would think you would want to look at the other QBs in the class if you want to invest with risk/reward. I don't think any other position player is a good investment. Even the best players at other positions can't touch a good QB.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think Tannehill. His stuff is pretty cheap
rauchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

I was thinking Ronnie Hillman or Lamar Miller then. Some qb's that were good in college that are backups: Brock Osweiler, Ryan Lindley, Kellen Moore, and Kirk Cousins!
Mike13198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)

For me it was Alfred Morris, bought tons of his stuff before the season at $5 a pop, easy 5 bagger there. Right now..maybe Broyles who just had his first start and went for over 100 yards. But my money however would be on Russell Wilson if I were speculating. Wilson isn't at the price level he deserves to be at. $34 bucks for a Chrome Wilson auto was the most recent one sold. That to me is undervalued and an easy $60 card in a couple weeks.

The boats passed on fast money getting into RG3, Luck, or Martin but if your buying those today you need to believe down the road they will be in the playoffs and one playoff win and prices will go crazy again. I can see it happen for both maybe this season if they get there. RG3 is a game behind the Giants, who he plays next week. If he beats them he has a good shot at winning the NFC East but if they lose to the Giants next week he likely won't make the playoffs this year. That's assuming the Giants lose tomorrow to the Packers which I'm hoping happens. If the Redskins beat the Giants they move into 1st in the NFC East but don't have an easy road to finish the season as they then face the Ravens (8-2), Browns (2-8), Eagles (3-7), and end the season against the Cowboys (5-6). I think they would have to win all but one game to get the NFC East Title. The Giants have to play the surging Saints (5-5), Falcons (9-1), Ravens (8-2), and finish against the Eagles (3-7). Who ever wins the Redskins Giants game next week will win the NFC East.

Lucks already projected to make the playoffs this year

NFL.com - Playoff Picture

Because his remaining opponents are against the Bills (4-6), Lions (4-7), Titans (4-6), Texans (10-1), at Chiefs (1-9), and finishes the season against the Texans (10-1) who most figure will be resting for the playoffs that game. So if Luck can win at least 4 out of the next 6 games the Colts will be 10-6 and find a wild card spot.

Tampa Bay faces an uphill climb to get into the playoffs. They play the Falcons (9-1), Broncos (7-3), Eagles (3-7), Saints (5-5), Rams (3-6-1), and finish against the Falcons (9-1). I think they miss the playoffs this year.

The one team I believe will make the playoffs and we will see a price rise will be Russell Wilson and the Seahawks. His teams already at 6-4 but only has to play against the Dolphins (4-6), Bears (7-3), Cardinals (4-6), Bills (4-6), 49ers (7-2-1), and end the season at home against the Rams (3-6-1). I don't think they are out of the division hunt yet because I believe the 49ers will lose this week starting Kaepernick against the Saints and then they are a single game out of the division lead with a game to play against the 49ers who they get to play at home. I think the 49ers will lose this week and playing against Seattle in Seattle will be impossible for most every team in the league. But looking at the prices of Wilsons cards today I see them increasing as the season winds down. They simply are too low right now for the situation they are in now.
addicted36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:02 PM   #9 (permalink)

Go after cheap QB's IMO. Look how much kaepernick stuff has gone up after 1 game. Most of the cards I had of him I sold for 10x more than i had in them (bought most autos for $5, sold for $50). Russell Wilson shot way up after his first game to. I normally buy 10-20 autos of each QB in each draft class, besides the main one or two (2010 no bradford or tebow, 2011 no newton, 2012 no griffin or luck). The main guys like that only can go down IMO after the first year.. Bradford went down, tebow went down, newton is going down, and I think luck and griffin will start going down once next years crop come in (unless they win an MVP or a Superbowl). After the rookie season almost all of those guys go down. Now for guys pretty low to start, who don't normally have much room to go down more or havent had there chance yet really (mallett, kaepernick before last week) unless injury or get a shot and do terrible. Sooner or later majority have a good game then dump em'. 90% of the guys you won't make your investment back right away (Kaepernick took a year to get his shot), and others you might not make your investment back (Clausen and colt McCoy are the best examples for me, but McCoy did have a small spike to where you still made money on him). Matthew Stafford is really the only guy in the past 5 years who was the main guy in his draft class, to spike and stay high.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

The guy that sits in the common box and has a breakout game two years from now.
Old 11-24-2012, 01:45 PM   #11 (permalink)

load up on lamar miller & either wait for reggie bush to get hurt or leave miami
festus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:51 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by festus View Post
load up on lamar miller & either wait for reggie bush to get hurt or leave miami
What about D Thomas? And I would invest in TY Hilton if ya wanna quick pick up and dump IMO
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote