Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2012, 11:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Only way someone would have any prayer at a chance of a short term flip on that card is to buy it for $4k or under.

Anyone paying over that is either an RG3 supercollector (for their pc) or just enjoys burning money.

All these chrome cards will experience a decrease in value once NT comes out after the year, anyways.
Ninja, you're a smart guy. You know that card is worth well over 4k
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:22 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejc300 View Post
Ninja, you're a smart guy. You know that card is worth well over 4k
haha, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it
i'm just speaking on this from a business perspective. maybe I'm off, maybe I'm not, but to me that's a ~$4k card from a comfortable risk/reward perspective at this very moment. Of course if they make the playoffs (which will be tough) things are subject to change, but thats my personal evaluation right now

Let me ask you, how much do you think it's worth from a buy and flip perspective?
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
haha, its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it
i'm just speaking on this from a business perspective. maybe I'm off, maybe I'm not, but to me that's a ~$4k card from a comfortable risk/reward perspective at this very moment. Of course if they make the playoffs (which will be tough) things are subject to change, but thats my personal evaluation right now

Let me ask you, how much do you think it's worth from a buy and flip perspective?
I'll tell you after I buy it
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,289
Default

lol gl sir
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
gonygo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: U.S./east coast
Posts: 3,971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Only way someone would have any prayer at a chance of a short term flip on that card is to buy it for $4k or under.

Anyone paying over that is either an RG3 supercollector (for their pc) or just enjoys burning money.

All these chrome cards will experience a decrease in value once NT comes out after the year, anyways.
+1 it will sell for 4-5k all day, even in a few yrs , unless or until he breaks a leg n becomes Donovan Mcflab. Once exq n NT come out, interest will decrease.. Still nasty!!!
__________________
When you engage in an argument with a fool, people tend to forget who the real fool is.
gonygo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:14 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Packerland, US
Posts: 19,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
Only way someone would have any prayer at a chance of a short term flip on that card is to buy it for $4k or under.

Anyone paying over that is either an RG3 supercollector (for their pc) or just enjoys burning money.

All these chrome cards will experience a decrease in value once NT comes out after the year, anyways.
I don't agree.

The card might lose value but it won't be because of NT. Topps Chrome Superfractor autos ARE the top 1/1 non-logo cards. The only way this thing loses value is on the player.

To be honest, I would rather have a Super than an event worn NFL logo all day, every day.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
Jerel Worthy PC: http://tinyurl.com/worthy99
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:57 AM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
TimGeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Nashville
Posts: 1,431
Default

Dammit
__________________
Frank Thomas/Roberto Clemente/Ewell Blackwell/Minnie Minoso
White Sox/Vols/Titans
TimGeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: new york
Posts: 2,243
Default

looks like it sold for 8
__________________
WTB 2011 National Treasure RPA's
mrmoz55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,977
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
I don't agree.

The card might lose value but it won't be because of NT. Topps Chrome Superfractor autos ARE the top 1/1 non-logo cards. The only way this thing loses value is on the player.

To be honest, I would rather have a Super than an event worn NFL logo all day, every day.
I would rather have a Super then a BS event worn card also. I see the event worn stuff going down in the future. There are too many fakes and too many event worn stuff out there. The Super is more original then any logo patch card.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I would rather have a Super then a BS event worn card also. I see the event worn stuff going down in the future. There are too many fakes and too many event worn stuff out there. The Super is more original then any logo patch card.
Agree........
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
deltapi1049's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San antonio
Posts: 3,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
I would rather have a Super then a BS event worn card also. I see the event worn stuff going down in the future. There are too many fakes and too many event worn stuff out there. The Super is more original then any logo patch card.
Chrome is king, no matter the sport, and the Super autos - especially now that they are on card, will be the chase cards of the year until something drastic happens.

Bottom line, we have seen that "cards" are still the focus of this hobby, even as more and more companies are doing whatever they can to think outside the pack. Logos and such are just that - relics - and collectors of card style items with prominent history (like the superfractors have) will continue to be the best thing you can buy for any player collector. This is over full sized redemptions of the relics themselves, and other non-card style items.

Funny thing is, I dont really agree. I think that unique autograph content, like inscriptions, or hand stamps for that matter, are much cooler.

However, I am NOT a card collector in the traditional sense. There are many more card collectors out there still driving the markets, and the superfractors are one of the only chase cards left that still cater to both the high end collectors, the auto collectors, and the card collectors in this manner of appeal.

Funny how that works.
__________________
My Adrian Peterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/adrian-peterson

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Chrome is king, no matter the sport, and the Super autos - especially now that they are on card, will be the chase cards of the year until something drastic happens.

Bottom line, we have seen that "cards" are still the focus of this hobby, even as more and more companies are doing whatever they can to think outside the pack. Logos and such are just that - relics - and collectors of card style items with prominent history (like the superfractors have) will continue to be the best thing you can buy for any player collector. This is over full sized redemptions of the relics themselves, and other non-card style items.

Funny thing is, I dont really agree. I think that unique autograph content, like inscriptions, or hand stamps for that matter, are much cooler.

However, I am NOT a card collector in the traditional sense. There are many more card collectors out there still driving the markets, and the superfractors are one of the only chase cards left that still cater to both the high end collectors, the auto collectors, and the card collectors in this manner of appeal.

Funny how that works.
Quoted for truth......
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:02 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Chrome is king, no matter the sport, and the Super autos - especially now that they are on card, will be the chase cards of the year until something drastic happens.

Chrome is king in football? No not even by a long shot lol
It's not even king in basketball, either. Maybe you guys dont collect or follow those sports much.
Chrome has always been king in baseball, but not football..and never will as long as NT and Exquisite are around
Chrome prices will never approach their equivalent exquisite or NT prices, ever.

Sure you guys can have your own personal preference but facts are facts.

Cam Newton gold auto refractors during their peak last year (/10 on card auto) were about $1200.

NT panther head RPA golds /49 peaked around $2.2-2.5k, and platinum rpas /5 for around $4k-5k
even his base exquisite rpa's /99 peaked at around 1.8k


Baseball? No debate, always chrome is king

but football chrome will never be the best. A superfractor auto of a hot player in football will never hold a candle to the NT logo shield 1/1 in terms of resale value, and thats just living in reality
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,289
Default

and yes, chrome football single prices fall a bit once nt and exquisite come out

just like nt and exquisite single prices drop a bit once the next year products come out

chrome isnt magically immune to any of the initial market hype phenomena
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.