Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Biggest names who played football at your alma mater? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/407234-biggest-names-who-played-football-your-alma-mater.html)

ediii33 12-01-2012 02:47 PM

Biggest names who played football at your alma mater?

I figured since I was about to head to Jackson to watch my alma mater play for the 5A state championship game tonight, the first time in 25 years, I would throw this question out there.

Former Bears QB Shane Matthews and Thorpe award winner Terrell Buckley are the two biggest names. They both played on the 87 championship team.

Yes, I did watch them play in high school. They are a little older than me.

zonacats8 12-01-2012 02:51 PM

Mark Moundros

Played FB and a little LB for Michigan a couple years ago, he was a few years younger than me, had a few CAD classes with him.

Besides that, I don't know of anyone who has played college ball from my HS

All the good football players in the area did school of choice and went to Harrison High School, one of the top programs in the nation over the last 20 years or so. Lots of kids from there played in college and a few to the NFL too, and a bunch of them who were supposed to go to my school based on where they lived

Chaz 12-01-2012 02:52 PM

Tony Gonzales played at huntington beach high school. I went to anothe Huntington school but still pretty cool.

bziddy 12-01-2012 02:55 PM

[URL="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TylsRi20.htm"]Rich Tylski[/URL] and [URL="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/MartMi0.htm"]Mike Martz[/URL]

bziddy 12-01-2012 02:57 PM

This [URL="http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=ian+clarkin&_sacat=0&_from=R40"]kid[/URL] didn't play football at my alma mater, but he may end up more famous than either of the other two.

Most famous guy from my highschool is probably [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Westerfield"]this[/URL] jackhole.

TheBurg 12-01-2012 03:02 PM

My cousins in AZ live in an NFL factory school district. Gerrell Robinson, Dontay Moch, Terrell Suggs. Brett Hundley (QB for UCLA for those who don't know), Cameron Jordan, and Adam Archuleta all went to the exact high school they go to, and they had classes with Hundley. A bunch of other scrubs who got NFL opportunities also went to those schools. I have a bunch of friends who go to Kobe's high school.
I have to talk about these because my school has NOBODY :D.

MI Rob 12-01-2012 03:05 PM

Brandon Graham of the Eagles went to the same middle school as me.
Drew Henson went to the same highschool I attended.

zonacats8 12-01-2012 03:07 PM

[QUOTE=TheBurg;3734900]My cousins in AZ live in an NFL factory school district. Gerrell Robinson, Dontay Moch, Terrell Suggs. Brett Hundley (QB for UCLA for those who don't know), Cameron Jordan, and Adam Archuleta all went to the exact high school they go to, and they had classes with Hundley. A bunch of other scrubs who got NFL opportunities also went to those schools. I have a bunch of friends who go to Kobe's high school.
I have to talk about these because my school has NOBODY :D.[/QUOTE]

How how much do I hate Gerrell Robinson, what a punk ass #@#@#@#@#@#@

Jackg1980 12-01-2012 03:08 PM

Rocky Benard from the NY Giants

Chaz 12-01-2012 03:14 PM

Adam Hayward of the Bucs went to school with me.

TheBurg 12-01-2012 03:17 PM

I thought I'd add this because it's pretty cool. My grandfather went to school with both Jim Brown and Ernie Davis at Syracuse. He was acquaintances with both of them, not exactly good friends, but they still knew each other.

ssbledsoe 12-01-2012 03:24 PM

Most "famous" guy from my HS currently plays basketball for IU: [url=http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/46238/derek-elston]Derek Elston Stats, News, Videos, Highlights, Pictures, Bio - Indiana Hoosiers - ESPN[/url]

The most famous football player might be my old neighbor, Steve Powelll. He played for a local semi pro after playing at Purdue in the early 90's.

zonacats8 12-01-2012 03:24 PM

[QUOTE=TheBurg;3735010]I thought I'd add this because it's pretty cool. My grandfather went to school with both Jim Brown and Ernie Davis at Syracuse. He was acquaintances with both of them, not exactly good friends, but they still knew each other.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that is kinda cool, lol

crd1224 12-01-2012 03:28 PM

Sean Lee of the dallas Cowboys. also not football but Sean Casey who played for the reds and a few other teams in his career. works for mlb network now. really awesome guy!

Yanke3z11 12-01-2012 03:28 PM

[QUOTE=TheBurg;3734900]My cousins in AZ live in an NFL factory school district. Gerrell Robinson, Dontay Moch, Terrell Suggs. Brett Hundley (QB for UCLA for those who don't know), Cameron Jordan, and Adam Archuleta all went to the exact high school they go to, and they had classes with Hundley. A bunch of other scrubs who got NFL opportunities also went to those schools. I have a bunch of friends who go to Kobe's high school.
I have to talk about these because my school has NOBODY :D.[/QUOTE]

So did they go to Hamilton or Chandler? We played Hamilton when I was in highschool and they are a national powerhouse every single year

sdoug76 12-01-2012 03:32 PM

Billy Joe Hobert
Damon and Brock Huard
Ryan Moore (golfer and a true prick)

Sqeeshy 12-01-2012 03:34 PM

There are a few that went to Findlay High School....

Ben Roethlisberger
John Kidd (former kicker for the Bills and Dolphins)
Josh Huston (former kicker for Giants and Bears)

That's it.

monkeymcgee 12-01-2012 03:38 PM

Charles Haley
Gary Clark
Scott Norwood

We had a couple guys get drafted over the last several years, but none really of note. Curtis Keaton was probably the most successful of the bunch (who? yeah, I know...).

ttmtrader101 12-01-2012 03:39 PM

Tyler Skaggs went to the HS I will probally be attending next year.
Charrlie Sheen (whoever this guy is)
Sebastian Larue (current FB player, has FULL scolarship to USC to play Starting WR, next year and invited to florida to play in the under armour all american HS game.

nuccionino 12-01-2012 03:40 PM

Matt Lentz was not drafted but played for a few teams (NYG, PITT). Jake Long played at Davidson High, we played them in everything but football.

TheBurg 12-01-2012 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Yanke3z11;3735078]So did they go to Hamilton or Chandler? We played Hamilton when I was in highschool and they are a national powerhouse every single year[/QUOTE]

They went/go to Chandler.

zachtruitt 12-01-2012 04:01 PM

U of Delaware grads include:

Rich Gannon, former NFL MVP for 2002
Joe Flacco, current Ravens QB
Mike Adams, current starting CB for the Broncos
Pat Devlin, 3rd string QB for Miami
Gino Gradkowski, Center for the Ravens
Andy Hall, former QB for Philly
Jeff Komlo, former QB for Detroit in the early 80's
Ivory Sully, Safety for the Rams in the late 70's to early 80's

Andy Hall was in a few classes. Quiet dude and not cocky at all.

glen87 12-01-2012 04:06 PM

[QUOTE=monkeymcgee;3735115]Charles Haley [B]--> had classes and hung out a lot with him[/B]
Gary Clark [B]--> knew him[/B]
Scott Norwood

We had a couple guys get drafted over the last several years, but none really of note. Curtis Keaton was probably the most successful of the bunch (who? yeah, I know...).[/QUOTE]

[B]Alvin Banks
Stepen Bates (CFL --> knew him)
Ed Perry (Dolphins TE)
Shawn Woodson (--> knew him well)[/B]

jeg2315 12-01-2012 04:07 PM

High school:

Dan Fouts
Igor Olshansky - I remember he came to practices a few times while I was there

College:

Too many to count (Cal)

monkeymcgee 12-01-2012 04:13 PM

[QUOTE=glen87;3735244][B]Alvin Banks
Stepen Bates (CFL --> knew him)
Ed Perry (Dolphins TE)
Shawn Woodson (--> knew him well)[/B][/QUOTE]

That's cool, my fellow Duke. I knew a kicker, but he didn't last too long :)

I bet you'd love to see Charles in the HOF where he belongs :D