Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 2,108
Send a message via AIM to Jenkinssssss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
This is not a good time to auction it with christmas so close...BIN/OBO is best option and would not take a penny below 15,000 for it...and would hope for closer to 20,000 if not just hold it...only other option is to see if they make playoffs, maybe stretch that 15-20 into 25-30, never know..

GLWS, best card to ever be pulled IMO
I highly doubt xmas has any effect on someone who will pay $10k+ for a card.

Sick card. If you do grade it, make sure to min grade 9.5 so it doesn't show up in pop report if it doesn't gem somehow.
Jenkinssssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:38 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
This is not a good time to auction it with christmas so close...BIN/OBO is best option and would not take a penny below 15,000 for it...and would hope for closer to 20,000 if not just hold it...only other option is to see if they make playoffs, maybe stretch that 15-20 into 25-30, never know..
GLWS, best card to ever be pulled IMO
he could win the superbowl mvp this year and it STILL would never sell for $30k
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
SyddWasHere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,164
Default

Fantastic card, congratulations you'll never pull anything like that ever again. I can't believe you put that card in a top loader with a piece of tape over the end, if I received that card that way I would be pretty upset. If you're going to put in a top loader, put ateam bag around the end of it, that way there is no accident of chipping on the top edge. I also agree with Jenkins, make sure you put a minimum grade if you decide to get it graded.
__________________
Hey, I'm Kyle from Spokane Washington, I collect Christine Michael. I do not pay attention to my posts, if you want to purchase something from me, it's best to PM me.

Also, I am disabled and use voice recognition, forgive my small grammatical errors.
SyddWasHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenkinssssss View Post
I highly doubt xmas has any effect on someone who will pay $10k+ for a card.

Sick card. If you do grade it, make sure to min grade 9.5 so it doesn't show up in pop report if it doesn't gem somehow.
On cards like this the pool of buyers shrinks incredibly low. I would hazard to guess no more than 15-20 people are in the market to pay 5 figures on this card.

You take the Christmas season where people are shopping, traveling, and preparing to have their kids out of school for two weeks, a auction of 15-20 people might become 5-10 people and the end result is a price much less than desired...it has happened to me...and you would think aw they got the money they will spend it, i have 1,000 watchers this is in the bag, but 995 are WATCHING and only 5 are BIDDING...

This time of year is awful for auctions, and the closer it gets to the 25th the worse it will be...i would grade it, BIN/OBO and control what price I get for the best football card IMO to be ever be PULLED
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:57 PM   #55 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
he could win the superbowl mvp this year and it STILL would never sell for $30k
you have no clue about high end my friend...NONE...this is his best card to exist...possibly the best card in football history...aaron rodgers spa 1/1 was offered 25k and was declined...this is far beyond what that card could be since Luck is the holy grail of the sport for now and years to come, the best rookie EVER....could break every record on the books...
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
HaloHawk87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 116
Default

An amazing card and an amazing pull. Congrats!
HaloHawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
scotts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyddWasHere View Post
Fantastic card, congratulations you'll never pull anything like that ever again. I can't believe you put that card in a top loader with a piece of tape over the end, if I received that card that way I would be pretty upset. If you're going to put in a top loader, put ateam bag around the end of it, that way there is no accident of chipping on the top edge. I also agree with Jenkins, make sure you put a minimum grade if you decide to get it graded.
card is in a magnetic holder with a 4 pieces of tape on it. i only put in top loader to scan it
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:12 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
scotts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
you have no clue about high end my friend...NONE...this is his best card to exist...possibly the best card in football history...aaron rodgers spa 1/1 was offered 25k and was declined...this is far beyond what that card could be since Luck is the holy grail of the sport for now and years to come, the best rookie EVER....could break every record on the books...
gosh, i really like what your saying..i should hire you to be my salesman on this card!
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
chan2641's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: norfolk virginia
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
gosh, i really like what your saying..i should hire you to be my salesman on this card!
He is right! What would a Peyton Manning superfractor auto sell for right now? Card has a huge potential.
chan2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
you have no clue about high end my friend...NONE...this is his best card to exist...possibly the best card in football history...aaron rodgers spa 1/1 was offered 25k and was declined...this is far beyond what that card could be since Luck is the holy grail of the sport for now and years to come, the best rookie EVER....could break every record on the books...
Hahaha
__________________
*Sellers; expect payment once deal is agree upon. I expect shipment within the next day or I'll file a claim unless noted otherwise.
*Buyers;I expect payment within 12 hours of purchase or deal is cancel. I ship the next day.
SandersAD#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chan2641 View Post
He is right! What would a Peyton Manning superfractor auto sell for right now? Card has a huge potential.
when manning came out they didn't have 40 different products with 15 variant autos each in them...
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
you have no clue about high end my friend...NONE...this is his best card to exist...possibly the best card in football history...aaron rodgers spa 1/1 was offered 25k and was declined...this is far beyond what that card could be since Luck is the holy grail of the sport for now and years to come, the best rookie EVER....could break every record on the books...
Man you sure are drinking the Kool-Aid

I can guarantee you that these 20... 30.... 50K offers you're hearing about for rookie cards are pure bs
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:33 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Blowout Forums
Posts: 2,147
Send a message via AIM to sblez
Default

Auction the card! I have 5000 laying around so sell it to me for 5k
__________________
Sblez aka Scott
Knicks are back!
Always LOOKing for ELI Manning Autos
PM ME ABOUT ANDREW LUCK CARDS!!!
sblez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:47 PM   #64 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandersAD#1 View Post
Hahaha

laughing at?!?

name another football card that has the potential of this card?

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
Man you sure are drinking the Kool-Aid

I can guarantee you that these 20... 30.... 50K offers you're hearing about for rookie cards are pure bs
never said anyone had offered on this card, but if Luck took a 1-15 colts team to the playoffs the following season as a rookie it would be the perfect storm for the owner..and the offers/value would double, just as Aaron Rodgers cards doubled the year the hype was around them winning super bowl...which they actually did win it...playoff run this season, next year super bowl hype....people in this hobby think SHORT TERM, think past this season, think LONG TERM...20 years from now if he has the type of career say a peyton has had, this could well be a 100k card some day,,, COULD!

and these type of cards are compulsive purchases...just as the guy who bought the strasburg was not a real collector, just convinced himself guy was a stud and he had 20k+ sitting around collecting dust..same will happen here if the owner holds out properly...

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 12-03-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 550
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
laughing at?!?

name another football card that has the potential of this card?



never said anyone had offered on this card, but if Luck took a 1-15 colts team to the playoffs the following season as a rookie it would be the perfect storm for the owner..and the offers/value would double, just as Aaron Rodgers cards doubled the year the hype was around them winning super bowl...which they actually did win it...playoff run this season, next year super bowl hype....people in this hobby think SHORT TERM, think past this season, think LONG TERM...20 years from now if he has the type of career say a peyton has had, this could well be a 100k card some day,,, COULD!

and these type of cards are compulsive purchases...just as the guy who bought the strasburg was not a real collector, just convinced himself guy was a stud and he had 20k+ sitting around collecting dust..same will happen here if the owner holds out properly...
Every year, there's always a rookie card that will be the, "Best football card of all-time!" It's just pretty funny that's all!
__________________
*Sellers; expect payment once deal is agree upon. I expect shipment within the next day or I'll file a claim unless noted otherwise.
*Buyers;I expect payment within 12 hours of purchase or deal is cancel. I ship the next day.
SandersAD#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:59 PM   #66 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 9,371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandersAD#1 View Post
Every year, there's always a rookie card that will be the, "Best football card of all-time!" It's just pretty funny that's all!
Tell me how many of those rookies have led a 1-15 team back to playoff status the following year? Did cam do it, did sam bradford do it? NO haha, i was a cynic and have changed my tune...he has no real "stars" but is winning...has a no name RB...etc...he is in unprecedented water and the sky is the limit if he continues to shine and the management is dedicated to winning and I think they are....he is on pace for what 4,800 yards as a rookie...the record before last season was 5084...INSANE with a team that people were calling the worst team in the NFL ever lol, yeah its pretty funny that cam newton was the real deal last year, but he inherited a much better team, but is a selfish wannabe and sulks instead of leading..Luck will be the best QB EVER ALL TIME...just wait
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
chan2641's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: norfolk virginia
Posts: 428
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Tell me how many of those rookies have led a 1-15 team back to playoff status the following year? Did cam do it, did sam bradford do it? NO haha, i was a cynic and have changed my tune...he has no real "stars" but is winning...has a no name RB...etc...he is in unprecedented water and the sky is the limit if he continues to shine and the management is dedicated to winning and I think they are....he is on pace for what 4,800 yards as a rookie...the record before last season was 5084...INSANE with a team that people were calling the worst team in the NFL ever lol, yeah its pretty funny that cam newton was the real deal last year, but he inherited a much better team, but is a selfish wannabe and sulks instead of leading..Luck will be the best QB EVER ALL TIME...just wait
I agree!! 100% This card is a steal at 15k!! I wish I had the doe ray me, I would be all over this one.
chan2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Newark, DE
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brios8 View Post
wow man!!!! thats unreal!!!! I am glad you go it!! had to be you or me haha
you deserved it more

congrats!!!!

Ben
Would have been nice if you had pulled it. Then maybe your echecks would actually clear. Thanks for wasting my time.
doubledribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.