Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Is Bryce Brown the Real Deal? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/408039-bryce-brown-real-deal.html)

lagalaxyfan23 12-02-2012 10:56 PM

Is Bryce Brown the Real Deal?

Hey all!

Just wondering: Do you think Bryce Brown is truly the coolest thing since Doritos?

As an Eagles fan, I'm just starting to ponder the possibility of trading McCoy in order to get an elite QB and perhaps an elite WR...

Any thoughts???

EDIT: I was just THINKING of the possibilities haha...I don't actually think McCoy will be traded, though.

lambeauleap87 12-02-2012 10:58 PM

An elite QB and elite WR for McCoy? Won't happen. Hell, teams with "elite" QB's aren't gonna trade them. Not when very solid running backs aren't hard to come by this day in age. Same with receivers...draft picks? Maybe, but not likely.

So, in a nutshell, no.

hotbox 12-02-2012 10:59 PM

The Eagles have a lot more to think about than trading their star RB right now, I don't expect Shady to be moved any time soon.

lagalaxyfan23 12-02-2012 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=lambeauleap87;3743670]An elite QB and elite WR for McCoy? Won't happen. Hell, teams with "elite" QB's aren't gonna trade them. Not when very solid running backs aren't hard to come by this day in age. Same with receivers...draft picks? Maybe, but not likely.

So, in a nutshell, no.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I meant either or...not both haha.

I just feel like having two playmakers is a waste of talent! Its like having Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller on the same team...both are outstanding players, and either one can maximize their talent elsewhere

Army19K 12-02-2012 11:00 PM

Honestly, I could see maybe getting a 2nd and 3/4th rounder for him, I doubt it would be much more.

lambeauleap87 12-02-2012 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=lagalaxyfan23;3743678]Sorry. I meant either or...not both haha.

I just feel like having two playmakers is a waste of talent! Its like having Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller on the same team...both are outstanding players, and either one can maximize their talent elsewhere[/QUOTE]

Regardless, they won't get either. Top-end QB's & WR's have higher value than upper level RB's. Give them both the ball, reduce the workload, and extend their careers.

CBlue 12-02-2012 11:02 PM

The Eagles wouldn't get much value for McCoy simply because productive RB's are pretty easy to find. All you have to do is look at the Eagles themselves, who have an UFA putting up good numbers for them. Another team would rather find their own Bryce Brown then trade for Shady.

DanShakespeare 12-02-2012 11:02 PM

Real deal. End of story

lagalaxyfan23 12-02-2012 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=CBlue;3743699]The Eagles wouldn't get much value for McCoy simply because productive RB's are pretty easy to find. All you have to do is look at the Eagles themselves, who have an UFA putting up good numbers for them. Another team would rather find their own Bryce Brown then trade for Shady.[/QUOTE]

LOL Bryce Brown was actually drafted in the 7th round :o

tnarg 12-02-2012 11:03 PM

First ballot hall of famer

Whodatiz 12-02-2012 11:04 PM

Sometimes that's the reason why they're outstanding...because they do co-exist.

[QUOTE=lagalaxyfan23;3743678]Sorry. I meant either or...not both haha.

I just feel like having two playmakers is a waste of talent! Its like having Fred Jackson and CJ Spiller on the same team...[B]both are outstanding players, and either one can maximize their talent elsewhere[/B][/QUOTE]

cking 12-02-2012 11:05 PM

He has had 1 good game.Of course hes the real deal

Ajax1723 12-02-2012 11:05 PM

Unfortunetly, the Eagles are in the position where they have too much talent at RB, and not enough everywhere else.

Sure, he could be a good change of pace back, but I feel like you have to move one of them because you just have too many holes.

I really can't see them moving McCoy. Personally, seeing what Brown is doing, I'm convinced McCoy is somehow in Reid's doghouse. All of a sudden Brown comes out and gets 14 carries in the first half? Don't think McCoy did that once this year. McCoy is still VERY young, but I think Brown would be the one to go if anything and maybe get back a decent O-Lineman or safety back for him would be the answer if he were to get traded.

Teams love potential. If we see 3-4 weeks of him getting 100 and a score behind that line, teams I think will be throwing offers at him.

Or, do what every other team does, have a running back by committee and kill the value of the RB even more.

ND3 12-02-2012 11:08 PM

Mccoy isn't going anywhere.

Nice part with a player like Bryce Brown is that he is talented and doesn't have much wear and tear like other highly drafted RBs.

CBlue 12-02-2012 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=lagalaxyfan23;3743704]LOL Bryce Brown was actually drafted in the 7th round :o[/QUOTE]

You get the point :cool:

Zacky1053 12-02-2012 11:16 PM

I'm awaiting Panini's "We predicted this guy would be a beast" article but that's not possible because he has I think two autos.

lagalaxyfan23 12-02-2012 11:18 PM

Definitely some good points, guys. If only one of them was old, then we wouldn't even be having this conversation. They are both newbies to the league, so both of them have 10+ years left in their careers.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Vick gets shipped off next year. Honestly, I don't think he's the main problem in Philadelphia, however the fact that you can only expect him to play 12-14 games a season requires the Eagles to have a decent backup.

lagalaxyfan23 12-02-2012 11:18 PM

[QUOTE=Zacky1053;3743792]I'm awaiting Panini's "We predicted this guy would be a beast" article but that's not possible because he has I think two autos.[/QUOTE]

LOL I remember that with Alfred Morris. They were saying how they've been monitoring him ever since he was in college :p

The Madbacker 12-02-2012 11:19 PM

Absolutely.

Same team, less of a threat at QB and doing much more than "Shady" has done all year. He'd doubled "Shady's" TDs in his first 2 starts.

The only thing about "Shady" that's "Shady" is that he tricked a lot of people into drafting him in the first round of fantasy drafts. Personally, I have both, so I hope that McCoy has scrambled eggs up top the rest of the season and goes on IR. But I'm vindictive like that.

lagalaxyfan23 12-02-2012 11:23 PM

[QUOTE=The Madbacker;3743821]Absolutely.

Same team, less of a threat at QB and doing much more than "Shady" has done all year. He'd doubled "Shady's" TDs in his first 2 starts.

The only thing about "Shady" that's "Shady" is that he tricked a lot of people into drafting him in the first round of fantasy drafts. Personally, I have both, so I hope that McCoy has scrambled eggs up top the rest of the season and goes on IR. But I'm vindictive like that.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, partially. LeSean is a very explosive player, but he spends far too much time dancing around. It seems like Bryce Brown finds those holes quickly and only makes his cuts in the open field.

I have LeSean and Arian Foster, and LeSean has definitely been hurting me in fantasy this year. He hasn't been bad, but he just doesn't score TD's. I can expect 100 yards a game from him, but not many TDs..

wheeler281 12-02-2012 11:29 PM

what is this fantasy football. You just trade Lesean McCoy LOL You need to understand salary cap and the state of the NFL RB and NFL QB

Whodatiz 12-02-2012 11:30 PM

Ship "Shady" over to Atlanta. We'll gladly take him to replace butterball. I'd also take "Shady" over a two game wonder any day of the week.

chris43 12-02-2012 11:31 PM

He was actually a really good player at UT until he got home sick and basically forced a transfer. He was a top recruit of Lane Kiffin coming out of high school. I'm a Cowboys fan. Naturally I'm not very fond of the Eagles BUT for some reason I've always kind of liked McCoy and thought he was a good RB. I had wondered what was wrong this year and blamed the line but after what Brown has did the last two games....................I'm speechless! Sure looks like the real deal to me!

Alldaydaley25 12-02-2012 11:34 PM

Is everyone forgetting what McCoy did the past few seasons? He's having a bad year and the team around him is horrible. Brown had one good game. I would would be shocked if Philly gets rid of him.

8lakers24 12-02-2012 11:35 PM

[QUOTE=Alldaydaley25;3743944]Is everyone forgetting what McCoy did the past few seasons? He's having a bad year and the team around him is horrible. Brown had one good game. I would would be shocked if Philly gets rid of him.[/QUOTE]

dont think they should get rid of him but brown has had two good games now not 1