Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   How many teams could win with their 3rd string QB? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/408174-how-many-teams-could-win-their-3rd-string-qb.html)

solt0131 12-03-2012 09:13 AM

How many teams could win with their 3rd string QB?

....in Baltimore as well. Answer = Zero.

Steelers are the real deal boys and are going to run the table and win the Super Bowl as a wild card just like the Giants and Packers did.

#7 will help to win ring number seven this year.

:flex::flex::flex:

jetscollector10 12-03-2012 09:18 AM

Jets did too yesterday. JS.

mwheeler27 12-03-2012 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=jetscollector10;3745181]Jets did too yesterday. JS.[/QUOTE]

I don't think the Jets played in Baltimore. JS. ;)

Josh611 12-03-2012 09:23 AM

[QUOTE=jetscollector10;3745181]Jets did too yesterday. JS.[/QUOTE]

1. Their 3rd string QB is better than their starter and 2nd string

2. They played the Cardinals

The Madbacker 12-03-2012 09:26 AM

They played against Flacco the statue. Watching him play makes me want to punch a puppy.

Nuff said.

Texans81 12-03-2012 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=solt0131;3745168]....in Baltimore as well. Answer = Zero.

Steelers are the real deal boys and are going to run the table and win the Super Bowl as a wild card just like the Giants and Packers did.

:flex::flex::flex:[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get too excited. Houston damn near beat them with a 3rd string ROOKIE QB last year IN THE PLAYOFFS. In fact, we very well may have if not for Jacoby "butterfingers" Jones. Charlie Batch has got what...13 or so years of NFL experience?

I've been saying this for a while now...Baltimore (and specifically Joe Flacco) are just not as good as they seem. Yesterday proves it I think. They remind me a little of the Jets when they went to the AFC championship 2 years straight with Sanchez at QB. Sanchez is terrible...everyone knows it. The rest of the team carried him. I'm not saying Flacco is as bad as Sanchez, lol, no nearly. But he is, in my opinion, average on a good day.

As for the Steelers. Enjoy their success. I feel that it may be short lived. Or more accurately, its been fairly long lived but it may be in its twilight for a while. There was a lot of talk about them during the offseason and one thing kept being said over and over and I think there may be some truth to it. The Steelers (specifically their defense) are getting old. They are going to start having to phase out some of their long time veteran players and bring in some new blood. I'll actually be very interested to see how that transition plays out. They'll either improve with the new talent and continue to be a dominant team...or they'll enter kind of a 'rebuild' mode for a couple years. Time will tell...

SteelersRock245 12-03-2012 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=Texans81;3745449]I wouldn't get too excited. Houston damn near beat them with a 3rd string ROOKIE QB last year IN THE PLAYOFFS. In fact, we very well may have if not for Jacoby "butterfingers" Jones. Charlie Batch has got what...13 or so years of NFL experience?

I've been saying this for a while now...Baltimore (and specifically Joe Flacco) are just not as good as they seem. Yesterday proves it I think. They remind me a little of the Jets when they went to the AFC championship 2 years straight with Sanchez at QB. Sanchez is terrible...everyone knows it. The rest of the team carried him. I'm not saying Flacco is as bad as Sanchez, lol, no nearly. But he is, in my opinion, average on a good day.

As for the Steelers. Enjoy their success. I feel that it may be short lived. Or more accurately, its been fairly long lived but it may be in its twilight for a while. There was a lot of talk about them during the offseason and one thing kept being said over and over and I think there may be some truth to it. The Steelers (specifically their defense) are getting old. They are going to start having to phase out some of their long time veteran players and bring in some new blood. I'll actually be very interested to see how that transition plays out. They'll either improve with the new talent and continue to be a dominant team...or they'll enter kind of a 'rebuild' mode for a couple years. Time will tell...[/QUOTE]
They've already started moving old players out. Hines ward, Aaron smith, James farrior. Three players who were key during their SB runs. Possibility of Harrison and Hampton being let go next offseason.

mstng99tim 12-03-2012 10:36 AM

[QUOTE=Texans81;3745449]I wouldn't get too excited. Houston damn near beat them with a 3rd string ROOKIE QB last year IN THE PLAYOFFS. In fact, we very well may have if not for Jacoby "butterfingers" Jones. Charlie Batch has got what...13 or so years of NFL experience?

As for the Steelers. Enjoy their success. I feel that it may be short lived. Or more accurately, its been fairly long lived but it may be in its twilight for a while. There was a lot of talk about them during the offseason and one thing kept being said over and over and I think there may be some truth to it. The Steelers (specifically their defense) are getting old. They are going to start having to phase out some of their long time veteran players and bring in some new blood. I'll actually be very interested to see how that transition plays out. They'll either improve with the new talent and continue to be a dominant team...or they'll enter kind of a 'rebuild' mode for a couple years. Time will tell...[/QUOTE]

Yes, a fair amount of the starters are getting old, but, the Steelers have been drafting their replacements for the past several years and a good amount of those replacements are starting to see more time on the field. While I expect a dropoff in talent, I don't think it's going to be as big of a dropoff as some people make it seem.

solt0131 12-03-2012 10:39 AM

The Steelers are an organization that is never in rebuilding mode. The last time they were even close to that was in the 2004 NFL Draft. As fans, we expect to make the playoffs every year.

Razorsharp79 12-03-2012 10:44 AM

[QUOTE=solt0131;3745168]....in Baltimore as well. Answer = Zero.

:flex::flex::flex:[/QUOTE]

Fantasy land..........#7 is the most overrated qb in the history of the NFL...get on your knees and thank the D for those rings, not a scumbag rapist who is fat and has to wear gloves to protect his pretty nails...

Srt42004n 12-03-2012 10:46 AM

Steelers...arent winning #7 sorry... right now there is no way they would make it past NE, and Denver to get to the SB...this thread isnt as bad as the guy who has false hopes and dreams that San Diego at 4-8 will make the playoffs.

thepistonsfan 12-03-2012 10:46 AM

Had Roethlisberger played the 1st game, the Ratbirds would have gotten blown out in Pittsburgh....by 30. I can't wait for the day when Baltimoron Nation crawls back into their heroin infested city and actually know what it's like to have a struggling franchise. I bet 70-80% of their fans would return to rooting for the Skins or will jump on another bandwagon altogether (Cowboys, Pats, 49ers etc.) :)

Texans81 12-03-2012 10:56 AM

[QUOTE=thepistonsfan;3745512]Had Roethlisberger played the 1st game, the Ratbirds would have gotten blown out in Pittsburgh....by 30. I can't wait for the day when Baltimoron Nation crawls back into their heroin infested city and actually know what it's like to have a struggling franchise. I bet 70-80% of their fans would return to rooting for the Skins or will jump on another bandwagon altogether (Cowboys, Pats, 49ers etc.) :)[/QUOTE]

maybe they'll get SO mad at Baltimore that they'll go back to cheering for their OLD team...the Colts!

thepistonsfan 12-03-2012 11:13 AM

[QUOTE=Texans81;3745551]maybe they'll get SO mad at Baltimore that they'll go back to cheering for their OLD team...the Colts![/QUOTE]

Ha! It is certainly possible. This fans know nothing about loyalty or tradition. As someone who has lived in the DC/Maryland area his whole life, I can honestly say that other than the Cowgirls there isnít a fanbase I despise more than that of the Ravens. Spoiled, entitled, uneducated (in terms of football IQ), cocky all apply.

I pull scrubs 12-03-2012 11:44 AM

[QUOTE=thepistonsfan;3745611]Ha! It is certainly possible. This fans know nothing about loyalty or tradition. As someone who has lived in the DC/Maryland area his whole life, I can honestly say that other than the Cowgirls there isnít a fanbase I despise more than that of the Ravens. Spoiled, entitled, uneducated (in terms of football IQ), cocky all apply.[/QUOTE]

The feeling is mutual about DC too except they are wine & cheese and don't even watch the games while there - too busy networking. Tradition? Get a clue. You must me living under some rock in Waldorf. I guess not being in the playoffs so long really has you worked up. Geez, calm down. You have RGIII now, be happy and quit hating. I guess since the Cowboys have been so bad the last decade you had to hate on someone else, so pick the next closest team.

thepistonsfan 12-03-2012 11:49 AM

[QUOTE=I pull scrubs;3745731]The feeling is mutual about DC too except they are wine & cheese and don't even watch the games while there - too busy networking. Tradition? Get a clue. You must me living under some rock in Waldorf. I guess not being in the playoffs so long really has you worked up. Geez, calm down. You have RGIII now, be happy and quit hating. I guess since the Cowboys have been so bad the last decade you had to hate on someone else, so pick the next closest team.[/QUOTE]

^ Point proven.

The Madbacker 12-03-2012 12:16 PM

I have been to several stadiums and only a-holes I didn't see we're in Green Bay.

solt0131 12-03-2012 12:20 PM

[QUOTE=Razorsharp79;3745509]Fantasy land..........#7 is the most overrated qb in the history of the NFL...get on your knees and thank the D for those rings, not a scumbag rapist who is fat and has to wear gloves to protect his pretty nails...[/QUOTE]

Was it the D who threw the ball to Holmes in the corner of the end zone to beat Arizona? It was the D who did give up the pass to Fitzgerald that almost cost them the game. It was also the D who blew our run last year by giving up the long run to Thomas. It was the D who couldn't stop Rodgers in the Super Bowl.

I can think of about 28 other teams who wouldn't mind having this overrated QB with 2 Super Bowl Rings.

EricMetcalf21 12-03-2012 12:25 PM

Dont know if I consider a veteran like Charlie 3rd string, but that game was fugging awesome!

BostonNut 12-03-2012 12:27 PM

When's the last time Pittsburgh went through New England in the playoffs? '97????

Not gonna happen.

Mattsurewood 12-03-2012 12:57 PM

[QUOTE=I pull scrubs;3745731]The feeling is mutual about DC too except they are wine & cheese and don't even watch the games while there - too busy networking. Tradition? Get a clue. You must me living under some rock in Waldorf. I guess not being in the playoffs so long really has you worked up. Geez, calm down. You have RGIII now, be happy and quit hating. I guess since the Cowboys have been so bad the last decade you had to hate on someone else, so pick the next closest team.[/QUOTE]

Enjoyed the Waldorf mention

SteelersRock245 12-03-2012 01:01 PM

[QUOTE=BostonNut;3745910]When's the last time Pittsburgh went through New England in the playoffs? '97????

Not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

You mean before spygate?

solt0131 12-03-2012 02:15 PM

[QUOTE=BostonNut;3745910]When's the last time Pittsburgh went through New England in the playoffs? '97????

Not gonna happen.[/QUOTE]

How many Super Bowl's has New England won since busted for cheating?

jason122883 12-03-2012 02:27 PM

When Drew Stanton was here in Detroit he did it everytime he got the chance

nuccionino 12-03-2012 02:36 PM

OP is just being himself, let him be. Homers are annoying.

Batch outplayed Flacco. Pittsburgh won the game and they deserved to.

Flacco has come down a bit from last year. Partly because of Cam Cameron but Joe doesn't look good. To the guy bringing up TJ Yates, yea and Flacco outplayed Brady in the AFC championship game BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER because Brady got the W. Just like Flacco got the W against the Texans. A win is a win.

Between the debut of Ben and of Flacco, Baltimore and Pittsburgh, Baltimore is 5-3 (4-3 really, Ben replaced Tommy in one of the losses). Baltimore's had some terrible seasons in that stretch, yet them games are always close no matter who is the QB's. Wanna know how many games a team won by more then 10 since Ben came to Pittsburgh? 5, Baltimore winning 4 of them (one with half Ben half Maddox, and 1 maybe 2 with). It doesn't matter who the QB's, the games are close because of the defenses. I think Pittsburgh is better then Baltimore with Ben, I also think either team can win if they face each other in the playoffs and that is a fact.