Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Colin Kaepernick named starter for 4th straight week - Question

Do you guys think that Coach Harbaugh should just come out and name Kaepernick the outright starter? I'm not sure why he's doing this week to week.

Thoughts?

LOOKING FOR: Alex Smith/Timothy Flanders
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
Do you guys think that Coach Harbaugh should just come out and name Kaepernick the outright starter? I'm not sure why he's doing this week to week.

Thoughts?
He doesnt want to piss off alex smith
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
He doesnt want to piss off alex smith
too late
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

I think Harbaugh should just be blunt and say "I think Colin is a better QB than Alex Smith, Colin is the starter and Alex is the back up and on the trading block!"
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Colin has prison tats.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

this will be colin last week as starter mark it down!
CUHATIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)

Jim Harbaugh beating on his pads yesterday. Did he do that to Alex Smith or is he just doing anything he can to get himself on camera with Kaepernick?

Kevin

Psalm 23: 1-6
KevJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevJo View Post
Jim Harbaugh beating on his pads yesterday. Did he do that to Alex Smith or is he just doing anything he can to get himself on camera with Kaepernick?

Kevin
haha

Jim Harbaugh pumping up Alex Smith - YouTube
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
You got me there !

Kevin

Psalm 23: 1-6
KevJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

He's damned if he does & damned if he don't. Put yourself in his situation.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dholt30 View Post
He's damned if he does & damned if he don't. Put yourself in his situation.
Ok just put myself in them. here we go. Alex Smith did NOTHING to deserve a benching and there is no reason that he shouldnt have started as soon as being cleared to play. Hes been royally screwed and I have lost every shread of respect that I had for Harbaugh for this action. Smith led the league in Comp. Pct. He had a QB rating over 100 and he was great as a starter for them. He has every right to feel pissed off and feel like he didnt do anything to lose the job but get a concussion. Extremley unfair, and disrespectful to a guy who has been very good at winning games over the last 2 seasons.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Ok just put myself in them. here we go. Alex Smith did NOTHING to deserve a benching and there is no reason that he shouldnt have started as soon as being cleared to play. Hes been royally screwed and I have lost every shread of respect that I had for Harbaugh for this action. Smith led the league in Comp. Pct. He had a QB rating over 100 and he was great as a starter for them. He has every right to feel pissed off and feel like he didnt do anything to lose the job but get a concussion. Extremley unfair, and disrespectful to a guy who has been very good at winning games over the last 2 seasons.
Point taken. But, what if it was Alex Smith that was the losing QB Sunday? This is a great situation for the Niners & the media is making a f***in mess of it. Personally I agree with you, except for the loss of respect thing.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:01 PM   #13 (permalink)

The result of the last 3 games would probably be the exact same if it was Smith instead of Kaepernick. Just my opinion.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Point taken. But, what if it was Alex Smith that was the losing QB Sunday? This is a great situation for the Niners & the media is making a f***in mess of it. Personally I agree with you, except for the loss of respect thing.
I agree its a great situation and an awesome problem to have. But I feel like smith should have to show that Kap desrves to start over him, but Smith didnt do that IMO. Like I said thats just my opinion
Old 12-03-2012, 06:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
I agree its a great situation and an awesome problem to have. But I feel like smith should have to show that Kap desrves to start over him, but Smith didnt do that IMO. Like I said thats just my opinion
No, I agree. Let Kap go to New England & get his a** kicked & let's see what happens. Keep in mind I'm a HUGE Niner fan.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

How many coaches has Alex smith play gotten fired. Colin is still sitting at no coaches fired.

On a more positive note, At least your not stuck watching Ponder play out there every week.
Wants. Baseball Old wax boxes 1980,82,83,85 topps and Football Just 1986 topps wax Box and rack box Adrian Peterson Auto's from Five Star/Exquisite! Some Select on Cards Auto's Of AP ALL Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsinusall View Post
How many coaches has Alex smith play gotten fired. Colin is still sitting at no coaches fired.

On a more positive note, At least your not stuck watching Ponder play out there every week.
Got news for you bud, Smith has got nobody fired. They got themselves fired.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:20 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
No, I agree. Let Kap go to New England & get his a** kicked & let's see what happens. Keep in mind I'm a HUGE Niner fan.
It's obvious that Harbaugh likes Kap better than Smith. He just didn't have the balls to name him the starter at the beginning of the season. It's pretty clear to me he was just waiting to have an excuse to start Kap. When Smith went down, it was the perfect situation because if Kaepernick played poorly, Harbaugh could just bring Smith right back in and if he played well, Harbaugh could just roll with him.

I think Kaepernick has more upside but I really feel bad for Alex. I wonder what the player's union thinks about the situation. They can't be too happy that a sensitive issue like concussions has now cost someone a starting job.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Got news for you bud, Smith has got nobody fired. They got themselves fired.

absolutely Smith should get a good part of the blame for it. If a teacher is teaching a class and a student fails the class that falls a lot more on the student than firing the teacher.
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:36 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
absolutely Smith should get a good part of the blame for it. If a teacher is teaching a class and a student fails the class that falls a lot more on the student than firing the teacher.
I believe the head coach is in control of the team. He's responsible. He's the leader, unless your the Cowboys
Old 12-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #21 (permalink)

It's totally going to suck to be Harbaugh if Colin loses 2 out of their remaining games, and they end up losing the division title to the Hawks. They have a really tough schedule, and Colin has to face the red-hot Patriots IN FOXBORO then the seahawks on the road in week 15 and 16. Good luck with that lol

I think coach is just 'giving himself a plan b' by always being vague about the situation, cuz if Kaep loses 2 straight games best believe harbaugh's gonna feel the heat and most likely put Smith back in.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote