Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
Who was the last Heisman winner to make it to the NFL and do something?

That would be 1997 Charles Woodson

1997 - Charles Woodson Peyton Manning QB/Tennessee
1998 - Ricky Williams Michael Bishop QB/Kansas State
1999 - Ron Dayne Joe Hamilton QB/Georgia Tech
2000 - Chris Weinke Josh Heupel QB/Oklahoma
2001 - Eric Crouch Rex Grossman QB/Florida
2002 - Carson Palmer Brad Banks QB/Iowa
2003 - Jason White Larry Fitzgerald WR/Pittsburgh
2004 - Matt Leinart Adrian Peterson RB/Oklahoma
2005 - Reggie Buch Vacated Vince Young QB/Texas
2006 - Troy Smith Darren McFadden RB/Arkansas
2007 - Tim Tebow Darren McFadden RB/Arkansas
2008 - Sam Bradford Colt McCoy QB/Texas
2009 - Mark Ingram Toby Gerhart RB/Stanford
2010 - Cam Newton Andrew Luck QB/Stanford

look @ the runner ups hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Ricky Williams won the Rushing title in 2002 and had a solid STRANGE career.

Reggie Bush hasn't lived up to the billing, but had a really good season last year.

Cam had a hell of Rookie year last year and Carson Palmer had a good season or 2 bringing the Bengals out of the gutter. He hasn't been very good since the Steelers shredded his knee in that Playoff game.

Over 185+ positive transactions on SCF and 25+ on freedomcardboard.
STHendricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #27 (permalink)

This site always 'predicts' the winners (i.e. counts the votes from public media), they will probably have your winner nailed down within a couple days.

Stiff Arm Trophy: Who is the most outstanding college football player in America?
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
dude has 3400 yards passing 24tds to 8 ints and 1180 yards rushing with 19 rushing TDs..if he does not win i would be shocked...it is supposed to go the best player, not best junior or senior...and on top of that he led his team to defeat the soon to be national champions...it is IMO as close to a LOCK as it gets
Denard Robinson should have won it three years ago if the award was stats-based.

My vote is for Te'o. He was the truest leader in all of CFB as the best defender on the best defense on the only bowl-eligible team to go undefeated and heading to the National Championship. The ONLY thing he has against him is that he lines up on the "wrong" side of the ball.

And no, Braxtron Miller did not do enough to warrant a nomination. The kid is a run first/selfish QB who has a TON of growing to do. This coming from a HUGE Buckeye fan.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:46 PM   #29 (permalink)

I've grown weary of TMQ over the years, but he loves him some lineman, and I can't say I disagree with his logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMQ
Heisman Watch: The trophy is announced Saturday, and Johnny Manziel of Texas A&M may become the first freshman winner. But just as TMQ disqualifies quarterbacks from my annual Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-Quarterback Non-Running Back NFL MVP, I disqualify quarterbacks from the Heisman, too. Here are my votes:

Runner-up: B.J. Finney, Kansas State, offensive line. A walk-on, he has been a key to Kansas State's BCS season.

Runner-up: Rick Wagner, Wisconsin, offensive line. You don't rush for 539 yards against a ranked team without a great offensive line.

Runner-up: Chance Warmack, Alabama, offensive line. His performance against Georgia was near perfect. Warmack was blocking so well, often driving his man 10 yards from the point of attack, that in the second half watching him was more fun than watching any skill player. When was the last time that watching an offensive lineman was fun? Alabama center Barrett Jones also is an unusually good blocker. Warmack may become the highest-drafted guard since Chris Naeole was taken by New Orleans with the 10th selection in 1997.

Heisman Trophy: Manti Te'o, Notre Dame, linebacker. If there is ever going to be a pure defender to win the Heisman, now should be the year. (Charles Woodson won in 1997, but returned kicks and played wide receiver in addition to being a cornerback.)

Te'o has been the most important performer in Notre Dame's unexpected run to the BCS title game. He tackles as well as anyone who has ever played football. His seven interceptions are the most for a college linebacker in a decade. He's a former Eagle Scout. He's a Mormon who grew up in Hawaii, combining this year's presidential election qualities. Manziel needs to prove he isn't a one-year wonder. Te'o is about to complete his fourth consecutive banner season. If there is ever going to be a pure defender to win the Heisman, the time is now.
calculusdork is online now   Reply With Quote