Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Anyone know anything about 2007 Upper Deck Artifacts?

I have noticed some 2007 Upper Deck Artifacts autograph cards going for cheap...REALLY cheap.

I am talking about a Peyton Manning auto for $80. There is a certificate of authenticity on the back of the card, with Roger Macmillan (I think that is the UD CEO.) and the message that says the card was signed in the presence of a rep. or sent to UD from Peyton.

How can a card like this go so cheap? Was Upper Deck suspected of a lot of fraud around this time? Can anyone shed any light on this issue? I have been given a small Christmas allowance from the wife and I DO NOT want to buy something illegitimate or phony.

--Rob.
ChicoCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not all manning autos sell for hundreds of dollars. Look on ebay and you see some sell for 65 and up.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

doubt its a phony like lockdown said not everything sells for outrageous prices
Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Like this?

They are probably cheap because they look like garbage. This is one of my least favorite Rodgers cards.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

I guess I am pretty tacky because I really like that Rodgers card... then again I have cheddar flowing through my veins. Maybe I can get my wife to spring for that?!

Everyone cross your fingers for me?!?!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think the design could really be a big factor in what a manning auto, or any other card for that matter, will sell for. One clear example I can think of is Topps Unique, both baseball and football. You see alot of really disgusting patches but they sell for like up to $5. You could take the same player and patch and put it on a different card and it could go for $20-$40. That is because the topps unique set is so disgusting no one wants to buy it. I know that half of what I look for in a card is not just the player or the auto/patch, but how the card is designed.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

DO IT DO IT DO IT.

Back around 2008, Cutler's stuff was HOT in Denver especially I remember I paid $125 for a Triple Threads auto/GU, now about an $80 card and I scored the 07 UD Artifacts auto for $35....for some reason they never really commanded a high price, but I am with you, I think they look great!
ALWAYS looking for Broncos superfractors!
56chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Or this one. Totally authentic.

2003 SP Signature Edition Peyton Manning Autograph | eBay
hche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hche View Post
Now those are ugly. The Artifacts, like a few have said, look pretty nice to me!
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM   #10 (permalink)

huge fan of the artifacts 07 autos. Have a bunch of them that I got good prices on.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauceman View Post
Now those are ugly. The Artifacts, like a few have said, look pretty nice to me!
If they were vertical cards rather than horizontal, they would be nicer. I don't like the sticker placement.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #12 (permalink)

Also, here me out here. This is the honest, 100% truth.

Being a collector on a really tight budget (My wife is injured, and I am the sole provider.) I am lucky if I can get a $5 rack pack of cards every couple - 3 weeks. So, the chances of me finding a hit are REALLY small.

That being said, even with all the rack packs, the occasional blaster box, and a few hobby packs I have NEVER pulled an Aaron Rodgers card. Not even BASE. I swear, I wish I was making this up.

My only Aaron Rodgers card I own I bought on eBay for $15 after all was said and done. It is a 2006 Fleer Retrospectives GU jersey card. It is an all-white swatch I am guessing from somewhere around the shoulder area as it does not have holes in it like the body of a jersey does.

Also, I am a HUGE cheesehead, and have been since I can remember. Aaron Rodgers is also from my home town. Needless to say, I PC this guy...or would if I could pull any of his cards lol.

Including owning a Brett Favre auto, owning an Aaron Rodgers auto is my dream as a card collector. Even more so than owning a Brett Favre auto. It would all be down hill from there.

That being said, I almost don't care what card the Aaron Rodgers auto is on, as long as it is an autentic Aaron Rodgers auto and PREFERABLY in a Packers uniform. Also, I really don't think the 2007 Artifacts Aaron Rodgers auto is an ugly card. I guess that is just my preference.

Yeah...I was looking at the Aaron Rodgers card when I created this thread, praying it was a REAL card but used Peyton as an example. I think Freethowtommy knew that all along =P
Old 12-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #13 (permalink)

Send me your address in a PM and I'll see if I can't throw a couple half decent Rodgers cards in an envelope. Maybe a couple RCs of some other Cheezeheads.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajw9356 View Post
Send me your address in a PM and I'll see if I can't throw a couple half decent Rodgers cards in an envelope. Maybe a couple RCs of some other Cheezeheads.
Thanks a ton man. I appreciate it!

I really didn't mean that as a sob story or to ask for free stuff. I mean it, I really do. If there is anything that I can send you I will.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'm in the same boat, I really want a Rodgers auto but can't afford one (I want a RC auto though) someday I will get one. PM me your address I got something for you.
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote