Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator

Default Monday Night Football Cards: RG IIIís New Autographs Arrive at Panini America HQ

Monday Night Football Cards: RG IIIís New Autographs Arrive at Panini America HQDecember 3, 2012 at 6:43 PM
Perhaps it was mere coincidence. Perhaps it was meant to be. Either way, on the same day that Washington Redskins spectacular rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III will make his debut on Monday Night Football in a pivotal matchup against the New York Giants, Panini America officials also received Griffinís newest batch of autographs.
And like one of Griffinís rainbow-beautiful bombs to Santana Moss or Pierre Garcon, they were a thrill to receive ó on-card gems that will most certainly invigorate the upcoming releases of 2012 Crown Royale Football and 2012 Limited Football, respectively.

Just in case you werenít excited enough for tonightís big game, here are nine more reasons to take the anticipation even higher. So, are you ready for some football? Enjoy.

Monday Night Football Cards: RG III’s New Autographs Arrive at Panini America HQ The Official Panini America Blog
blowoutcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Crown Royale may be paninis best football set such nice looking cards, and its nice that they moved the player over a bit so the patch is visible this year. I don't really give Panini any credit but this set looks good
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

I like that much better than last years with the divided patch.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:39 AM   #4 (permalink)

Wow, that's a nice card
Zacy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

You guys are crazy if you think this new silhouette looks better than last years

I liked the picture in the center, just liked the look, but I understand if someone likes it on the side to show one solid window instead of two.

But the overall design of this years card is so much worse, too much going on around the sides. Last years was such a clean look to it, very minimal in the design, where this year has all sorts of dark colors and random lines.

zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Texans81 Send a message via Yahoo to Texans81

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
You guys are crazy if you think this new silhouette looks better than last years

I liked the picture in the center, just liked the look, but I understand if someone likes it on the side to show one solid window instead of two.

But the overall design of this years card is so much worse, too much going on around the sides. Last years was such a clean look to it, very minimal in the design, where this year has all sorts of dark colors and random lines.

I very rarely post in these types of threads because usually I just kinda look at em and go 'bleh' and move on to another thread.

I actually think this year's design is much better than last year for a few reasons.

I think the dark colored border on the top will have the effect of focusing the attention of the card on the patch which is exactly where it should be. Similarly with the offset player pic. I thought it was unfortunate last year the way they did these because there were actually some really nice patches that you could barely see because the player silhouette (sp?) covered most of it up. Now they are big and bold and easy to see and I think it adds a little eye appeal.

As far as the lower half of the card, I actually find myself wishing they'd done a bit of a hybrid between the two designs. I really like how last year the picture sort of fades out and then they sign on the card. I really like the foil bit on the bottom of this year's design. I think if they had maybe just left that part, but done away with the portion that surrounds the auto and then done the fade out effect again they would have nailed it. I like the foil because it really will make the different versions stand out and be much more easily identifiable than they were last year.

I give an overall grade of A- on this year's design, have to give it to Panini, they look pretty damn good.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
But the overall design of this years card is so much worse, too much going on around the sides.
Agreed, this card does not appeal to me.
calculusdork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans81 View Post
I very rarely post in these types of threads because usually I just kinda look at em and go 'bleh' and move on to another thread.

I actually think this year's design is much better than last year for a few reasons.

I think the dark colored border on the top will have the effect of focusing the attention of the card on the patch which is exactly where it should be. Similarly with the offset player pic. I thought it was unfortunate last year the way they did these because there were actually some really nice patches that you could barely see because the player silhouette (sp?) covered most of it up. Now they are big and bold and easy to see and I think it adds a little eye appeal.

As far as the lower half of the card, I actually find myself wishing they'd done a bit of a hybrid between the two designs. I really like how last year the picture sort of fades out and then they sign on the card. I really like the foil bit on the bottom of this year's design. I think if they had maybe just left that part, but done away with the portion that surrounds the auto and then done the fade out effect again they would have nailed it. I like the foil because it really will make the different versions stand out and be much more easily identifiable than they were last year.

I give an overall grade of A- on this year's design, have to give it to Panini, they look pretty damn good.
I get what you are saying, to each his own I guess

I'd give last years an A+ which should come as no surprise here as its my favorite designed card of all time and everyone here knows my love affair with 2011 Crown (My avatar is my favorite card in my whole collection). I'd give the new design a B-/C+ because it took away the clean white look I loved about last years
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #9 (permalink)

The other problem I have with moving the picture to the side, is that not all of them, in fact most of the silhouettes, don't have nice patches like that, lots are bad 2 color or even one color patches.

I think with this new design those solid color patches will just look dumb, where as having the picture in the middle at least broke up the solid patch and made it a better looking card because of that.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:44 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Last year's design was one of my favorites of the entire year. It might have been one of the better card looks Panini has made in the last five years. It was absolutely awesome looking.

This year looks awful with the separated white signature area and foil stamped borders. Not even a close contest. I wouldnt spend someone else's money on these cards for 2012.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)

last years was WAY better
rauchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

I think they are both pretty awesome looking!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I like the last year's design better...but they both look nice.

The only thing that is a major downgrade to me is that the autos are not on-card like last year, and appear to be "trapped paper" to give the appearance of on-card.

Either way, I think this is still one of the few things that Panini (overall) does right.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

I like the switch up. The last 2 years were basically identical. I like what appears to be a more defined foil color difference. Where as last years /50 /299 looked pretty much the same
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonValdez View Post
I like the last year's design better...but they both look nice.

The only thing that is a major downgrade to me is that the autos are not on-card like last year, and appear to be "trapped paper" to give the appearance of on-card.

Either way, I think this is still one of the few things that Panini (overall) does right.
You hit the nail on the head with this post

They don't appear to be on card anymore, which was a big selling point

And while yes, this years is still a nice looking card, when comparing it to last years, it's a significantly worse looking card, why take a step backwards????
Old 12-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:

when comparing it to last years, it's a significantly worse looking card, why take a step backwards????

I totally disagree. The on card debate I understand however it does not detract from the set imo. The design is 100 times better the last years for me. Given the rookie class it will be worth the break
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote