Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

[QUOTE=brett06;3753607]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post


Lol you do know why he hasn't played yet? Look up missed games in college...Plus games he was taken out of from a previous injury. He has foot problems lol. Things can change but yet another injury before the season of your rookie year. Its honestly going to be what.....$75 at most midseason with not alot of production. Maybe then he'd lower it to $500 and say 2014 is the guys year. Future hall of famer! Im just pissed man. I gave a offer over the platinum 1/1. Since the guy im collecting can't appear on the hof ballet i can't get it. Hoping for zero production next year and ill see what outrageous price he wants then.
I understand this, but you are doing the same thing as the seller, assuming. You assume he won't ever be good, you assume all these things. I don't think he'll ever see $500 either, and I agree the chances of Toon becoming something big to be worth $500 is low. I also can see the seller's reasoning's for holding onto it. I would also hope you offered more on this then the Platinum 1/1, Chrome>Platinum 11 times out of 10. Also, you said he overpriced it by $380 because you compared it to $120 Platinum price. The red /5 auto went for $143 and $150, his die-cut 1/1 went for $155ish. I'd say $200-$250 is what this would get in auction. I understand your frustrations but look at it from his POV.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,906
Default

[QUOTE=nuccionino;3753658]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post

I understand this, but you are doing the same thing as the seller, assuming. You assume he won't ever be good, you assume all these things. I don't think he'll ever see $500 either, and I agree the chances of Toon becoming something big to be worth $500 is low. I also can see the seller's reasoning's for holding onto it. I would also hope you offered more on this then the Platinum 1/1, Chrome>Platinum 11 times out of 10. Also, you said he overpriced it by $380 because you compared it to $120 Platinum price. The red /5 auto went for $143 and $150, his die-cut 1/1 went for $155ish. I'd say $200-$250 is what this would get in auction. I understand your frustrations but look at it from his POV.
Um......sir....its the finest.......not chrome...finest before platinum. chrome after both.
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

What card?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
I did that for the toon super...his response $500 is the lowest he'd go. 2Weeks earlier the platinum super sold for just under $120. So why is there a $380 premium on this one. It will complete my rainbow if he can do $150 which was declined.
[QUOTE=brett06;3753678]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post

Um......sir....its the finest.......not chrome...finest before platinum. chrome after both.
What does finest have to do with anything? What did that whole post have to do with anything? I was just showing facts and saying that the seller wants 2X the actual price of the card. Don't get upset with me, just you need to rationalize a little bit with what the seller is doing.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,906
Default

Well the ops ware is over priced and so is my toon finest super. Not chrome lol. Its going to be a long wait
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Well the ops ware is over priced and so is my toon finest super. Not chrome lol. Its going to be a long wait
Now I see haha. Well then it is overpriced by more. But I still get why.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,906
Default

[QUOTE=nuccionino;3753689]
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post

What does finest have to do with anything? What did that whole post have to do with anything? I was just showing facts and saying that the seller wants 2X the actual price of the card. Don't get upset with me, just you need to rationalize a little bit with what the seller is doing.
The card i want is the finest super. ur post said chrome>platinum. What does chrome have to do with finest or platinum??

ok lol we got it now ').
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

[QUOTE=brett06;3753697]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post

The card i want is the finest super. ur post said chrome>platinum. What does chrome have to do with finest or platinum??
I see now, you just said super in the beginning so I assume it was THE super. Then I noticed you said finest later on.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #34 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

OP, when it comes for auction, it'll got for less than what you are willing to pay, that's for sure
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,906
Default

Now you got me. I hope the op get his card and someday i may get mine.
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
OP, when it comes for auction, it'll got for less than what you are willing to pay, that's for sure
I sure hope so

Just sucks that I'm willing to pay more for it now to not have to hope it shows up later by someone else but I know the seller won't go for that price
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
What card?
Really???

You're the one asking me this?

I learned my lesson the first time I put a card I wanted in a thread and someone from here bid me up just because they knew I'd still outbid them

With you I'd be afraid that you'll buy it just to spite me and never let it go, or worse, destroy it
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:48 PM   #38 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Really???

You're the one asking me this?

I learned my lesson the first time I put a card I wanted in a thread and someone from here bid me up just because they knew I'd still outbid them

With you I'd be afraid that you'll buy it just to spite me and never let it go, or worse, destroy it
I don't want your card, just want to see how over-priced it is. Maybe I want to buy it for you. You never know.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 04:57 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
The Card Album's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,605
Default

Are you getting jaderocked?
__________________
It's All About Collecting The U : 259 different Miami Hurricanes totaling 4,432 cards

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:03 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
zonacats8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Detroit
Posts: 12,296
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
I don't want your card, just want to see how over-priced it is. Maybe I want to buy it for you. You never know.
Well given anything you've ever said to me, i think you can understand my trepidation
__________________
PC: Carolina Panthers and University of Arizona players, especially in UofA uniform
Jonathan Stewart PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/jonathan-stewart-pc
Star Lotulelei PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/zonacats8/a/star-lotulelei-pc
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: COS, CO
Posts: 7,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Well given anything you've ever said to me, i think you can understand my trepidation
What card is it?
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
matt roberson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: wisconsin
Posts: 2,463
Default

How the #@#@#@#@ did two red refractor autos (nick toon) get sold without me even seeing them, I seriously check for them every two hours! And did you say the super was pulled and sold WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So mad right now!
__________________
PCing....2012 Nick Toon and Russell Wilson, 2005 Aaron Rodgers and any Jerry Rice.... that I like.
GO Packers, GO Badgers!
http://s1263.photobucket.com/albums/ii625/robeythe1/
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:43 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 8,786
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
How the #@#@#@#@ did two red refractor autos (nick toon) get sold without me even seeing them, I seriously check for them every two hours! And did you say the super was pulled and sold WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So mad right now!
The die-cut I saw, it did get sold.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:55 AM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
JOEMLM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: traveling all over
Posts: 366
Default

yes i know a crappier feeling
while i understand your feeling
here is one i experienced.... i paid thousands of dollars for a signed 'game used' babe ruth baseball, the same seller, a scammer by the name of herman darvick, called me later to sell me other fake high end yankee auto'd items, i spent many thousands of dollars with him, he has a 'famous lifetime money back' guarantee you know, ... long story short.... all the junk he sold me was FAKE! he did not refund a penny!!

learning my priceless yankee collection was not worth a dime! would you say THAT is a crappier feeling

for those of you who do not recognize the name, he used to work for PSA/DNA as an authenticator... HE WAS FIRED FOR BEING A SCAMMER, he ripped off a lot of people AND AUTHENTICATING BOGUS AUTOS!

around the same time, literally, jimmy spence was fired from PSA/DNA FOR THE SAME REASON! maybe you recognize that name? jimmy spence who later formed his own authenticating service with herman darvick and other well known scammers, you may know the company as JSA!!
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkQc_akCzv0

http://www.youtube.com/JOEMLM
JOEMLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 03:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOEMLM View Post
yes i know a crappier feeling
while i understand your feeling
here is one i experienced.... i paid thousands of dollars for a signed 'game used' babe ruth baseball, the same seller, a scammer by the name of herman darvick, called me later to sell me other fake high end yankee auto'd items, i spent many thousands of dollars with him, he has a 'famous lifetime money back' guarantee you know, ... long story short.... all the junk he sold me was FAKE! he did not refund a penny!!

learning my priceless yankee collection was not worth a dime! would you say THAT is a crappier feeling

for those of you who do not recognize the name, he used to work for PSA/DNA as an authenticator... HE WAS FIRED FOR BEING A SCAMMER, he ripped off a lot of people AND AUTHENTICATING BOGUS AUTOS!

around the same time, literally, jimmy spence was fired from PSA/DNA FOR THE SAME REASON! maybe you recognize that name? jimmy spence who later formed his own authenticating service with herman darvick and other well known scammers, you may know the company as JSA!!
As Dan Patrick would say: That was a walk-off.
pejc300 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.