Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default Strong Declines UT

To stay at Louisville. Can't say I blame the man.
GatorBoyInTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)

I'll be glad when these coaching searches are over. The rumors out there are just ridiculous, especially around here thinking Tennessee is going after Fedora. Right now Tennessee is not in a good spot. I think they lack talent to win in the SEC as Dooley didnt have it in the best situation. I think they are gonna have to settle for a up and coming coach, kind of like last time when they got Dooley.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
I'll be glad when these coaching searches are over. The rumors out there are just ridiculous, especially around here thinking Tennessee is going after Fedora. Right now Tennessee is not in a good spot. I think they lack talent to win in the SEC as Dooley didnt have it in the best situation. I think they are gonna have to settle for a up and coming coach, kind of like last time when they got Dooley.
I agree. UT needs a lot of work, someone is going to have put in the time to get that program turned around. The Elite of the SEC just keep getting better, and it will take a few classes in Knoxville to catch up with the gap in the talent differential in the elite of the SEC vs the rest. Gruden isn't coming, so that rumor needs to be squashed. I doubt Jimbo Fisher will leave FSU. Butch Davis might be their only true hope at this point other than a young up and coming coach.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Butch wouldnt be a bad hire. He was found to not do any wrongdoing at UNC. His assistant coach Blake is another story lol but there were no irregularities or nothing on his records. It was a bunch of bull too why most of the players were suspended. They were hanging out with some former players like Hakeem Nicks and the NCAA deemed they accepted gifts because they stayed at their houses. I am glad we have Fedora now as he gets it but I loved Butch when he was here and he could recruit like crazy!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
Butch wouldnt be a bad hire. He was found to not do any wrongdoing at UNC. His assistant coach Blake is another story lol but there were no irregularities or nothing on his records. It was a bunch of bull too why most of the players were suspended. They were hanging out with some former players like Hakeem Nicks and the NCAA deemed they accepted gifts because they stayed at their houses. I am glad we have Fedora now as he gets it but I loved Butch when he was here and he could recruit like crazy!
Butch can recruit, and in the SEC, that's where it all begins. You can't bring in 3 star recruits and expect to compete with Bama, UF, GA, LSU, etc.