Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
Did Panini mis-label some of their cases. I saw Chris break a case of 2011 Prime Signatures but the outside case was labeled 2012. At least I think I remember seeing that because I was confused and has to rewind the video.
Panini does this crap all the time. I cant believe they arent somehow forced to stop this BS. It happens alot with hockey and bkb products. You will see 11/12 products be labeled as 12/13 and so forth. So basically you need some kind of panini product decoder in a couple years to figure out what is in a case. Can you imagine in like 3-5 years there being say a huge difference in price between a 09/10 product and a 10/11 product. You go to a shop or a show and they sell you the 10/11 thinking its worth a ton of money and then you open it and you find 09/10 cards inside. Of course, if they only make the product one year it wont be an issue but most products are continued for many years. This is the worst thing that panini does. Some 11/12 bkb and hockey prodcuts say 11/12 on the case, some say 12/13

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Panini does this crap all the time. I cant believe they arent somehow forced to stop this BS. It happens alot with hockey and bkb products. You will see 11/12 products be labeled as 12/13 and so forth. So basically you need some kind of panini product decoder in a couple years to figure out what is in a case. Can you imagine in like 3-5 years there being say a huge difference in price between a 09/10 product and a 10/11 product. You go to a shop or a show and they sell you the 10/11 thinking its worth a ton of money and then you open it and you find 09/10 cards inside. Of course, if they only make the product one year it wont be an issue but most products are continued for many years. This is the worst thing that panini does. Some 11/12 bkb and hockey prodcuts say 11/12 on the case, some say 12/13
I am not defending them at all but I can see how you COULD mess up Hockey and Basketball because of the multi years in the title...but football is cut and dry.
crazycards1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:52 PM   #28 (permalink)

Hey Grant lol let me get that AP SPA you bought the other night and your kid can open some more boxes :-D

Great handling of the situation by the way and giving them a heads up.

Heres my SCA with stuff FT or FS
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

I'd be satisfied but not entirely happy. I probably would have sent another box but then you run the risk of people taking advantage of that potentially.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:04 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycards1981 View Post
I am not defending them at all but I can see how you COULD mess up Hockey and Basketball because of the multi years in the title...but football is cut and dry.
Yea they should never mess up baseball or football. I also could understand how you can make a mistake with the bkb and hockey years, however this started like 2 years ago already. Once you know you have a problem it should be corrected. They have made it pretty clear that they dont give a damn about their product if they cant take the time to make sure that their cases are labeled properly after they become aware of the problem.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincesanity View Post
I'd be satisfied but not entirely happy. I probably would have sent another box but then you run the risk of people taking advantage of that potentially.
I agree, I feel that they went far and above what was expected. I would really hate to see someone do this (try to defraud for free boxes).

Good on ya Grant and excellent job by BO.
Andrew Luck

Last edited by HBMC; 12-06-2012 at 10:35 PM.
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:35 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 37Jetson View Post
If there was an award for level headed members I believe that Tnarg would be the winner. Tnarg had a fantastic attitude through his entire explanation of this situation.

What really cements the Tnarg legend was his handling of Imac several months ago. Instead of playing the lowball bait and switch he walked away. Let me repeat, walked away and handled himself like a true gentlemen in the Imac thread that started it all.
Aww, thanks babe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
Hey Grant lol let me get that AP SPA you bought the other night and your kid can open some more boxes :-D

Great handling of the situation by the way and giving them a heads up.
You're more than welcome to buy it off me
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:37 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnarg View Post
Aww, thanks babe

You're more than welcome to buy it off me
At the same price? lol or bumped up a little? I messaged him yesterday about it and he told me you had bought it. I was like that would be a good Christmas present I could get myself.

Heres my SCA with stuff FT or FS
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jdetter23
Tarheelsfan2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelsfan2012 View Post
At the same price? lol or bumped up a little? I messaged him yesterday about it and he told me you had bought it. I was like that would be a good Christmas present I could get myself.
Bumped up a little of course. I'll pm you when it's in hand
tnarg is offline   Reply With Quote