Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck?
Russell Wilson 44 25.88%
Andrew Luck 126 74.12%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 12:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,259
Default

Uhmmm what?
Mike13198 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,004
Default

Russell Wilson for me.
Luck has so many GW drives, OMG! Yes he has poise for a rookie, but so does RG3 and Wilson. The reason why Luck has so many GW drives is that he couldn't get his team a lead or sustain a lead in the first 3 quarters then he "shows up" in the 4th and he's MVP and ROY? No.
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
darealstunna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: SC
Posts: 1,913
Default

Any GM and coach in the league will take Luck all day, every day and 2X on Sunday over most QB's in the league.

That's why we speculate on here (rightfully so).

My choice is Luck, hands down. Wilson is putting together a nice surprise season and a potentially fine career. But Luck is in a class of his own, to nobody's surprise.
__________________
VALUE is determined somewhere in between what BUYER is willing to spend and what SELLER is willing to take. EBAY means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to me
darealstunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darealstunna View Post
Any GM and coach in the league will take Luck all day, every day and 2X on Sunday over most QB's in the league.

That's why we speculate on here (rightfully so).

My choice is Luck, hands down. Wilson is putting together a nice surprise season and a potentially fine career. But Luck is in a class of his own, to nobody's surprise.
I would take most QB's over Luck, I find this odd (even though to some stats mean absolutely nothing) Luck has the 29th worst Rating!
2012 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Only Qualified QB's behind him are Weeden, Tannehill, Sanchez, Skelton, and Cassell
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
bigzig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Indy
Posts: 6,088
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
Russell Wilson for me.
Luck has so many GW drives, OMG! Yes he has poise for a rookie, but so does RG3 and Wilson. The reason why Luck has so many GW drives is that he couldn't get his team a lead or sustain a lead in the first 3 quarters then he "shows up" in the 4th and he's MVP and ROY? No.
Worked for Peyton all these years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
I would take most QB's over Luck, I find this odd (even though to some stats mean absolutely nothing) Luck has the 29th worst Rating!
2012 NFL Player Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN

Only Qualified QB's behind him are Weeden, Tannehill, Sanchez, Skelton, and Cassell
The fact that those are the only qb's "ranked" behind him ought to tell you how misleading the stats can be.
bigzig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
RedSoxFan28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzig View Post
Worked for Peyton all these years.

Well atleast when Peyton won he put up decent numbers

The fact that those are the only qb's "ranked" behind him ought to tell you how misleading the stats can be.
The only thing Luck has for him is Wins(Which is a team stat and not an individual's) and Passing yards. So the only individual stat Lucks has is Passing Yards. And if we go by passing yards Carson Palmer is the leagues second best QB.
__________________
Baseball- Boston Red Sox, Football- New England Patriots, Basketball- Boston Celtics & OKC Thunder, Hockey- Boston Bruins
"I understand you live in Maine and idiocy,ignorance and stupidity is a part of daily life" - Gibberish (10/12/2012)
RedSoxFan28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:05 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
PackAttack419's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,368
Default

robert
griffin
1
2
3
__________________
getting out of the hobby by the end of the 2013-14 basketball season... slowly ebaying the PC
PackAttack419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:57 AM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 8,899
Default

Russell is starting to get mainstream press.

Check front page of nfl.com
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
jbmets95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 6,869
Default

RG3333333333
__________________
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/jbmets95/
Iman Shumpert PC --> METS Prospects --> ZWheeler, KPlawecki, DHerrera,
Football --> Ladarius Green, Christine Michael, Lamar Miller, Montee Ball, Levine Toililo, Isaiah Crowell
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Military APO in Italy
Posts: 7,693
Default

Seattle has much better running game than Indy, which obviously helps Wilson
hugh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: vt
Posts: 2,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
Seattle has much better running game than Indy, which obviously helps Wilson
However Wilson has been able to take a couple "has been" recievers and make them relevant. 7 touchdowns for Rice, and Tate (well 7 for Tate on the stat sheet, we all know it should be 6)
__________________
2014 pack-pulled rc auto pc
http://s668.photobucket.com/user/atburg/library/#/user/atburg/library/2014%20rookie%20auto%20pc?sort=3&page=1&_suid=139785497260404341542525277398
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:38 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
pga-ink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 377
Default

Wilson is a product of NC State, nothing great has ever came from there to my knowledge, with the exception of maybe Torry Holt, who wound up on the right team and benefited. Rivers came from there as well and he's another one who scoots by in my opinion but will never be a top 5 QB...just my two cents...
pga-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 3,905
Default

Wilson over luck at this point. Luck HAS to throw alot with no running game while Wilson has one. Thats more than likely the reason for all lucks picks but Wilson really has no good receivers. Both will probably be good for years as well as rg3. Plus other decent rookie qbs this year. A solid qb class imo.
__________________
THE MONTEE BALL COLLECTOR. 53 autos and counting!
Incoming montee ball autos: 0
On Wisconsin!
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: vt
Posts: 2,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pga-ink View Post
Wilson is a product of NC State, nothing great has ever came from there to my knowledge, with the exception of maybe Torry Holt, who wound up on the right team and benefited. Rivers came from there as well and he's another one who scoots by in my opinion but will never be a top 5 QB...just my two cents...
Did you really just say he scoots by?
brett, 100% agree! This has potential to be one of the best classes ever, RG3, Wilson, Luck, Weeden, Foles, not sold on Tanny yet but he's very raw. Even Cousins came through in the clutch today.
__________________
2014 pack-pulled rc auto pc
http://s668.photobucket.com/user/atburg/library/#/user/atburg/library/2014%20rookie%20auto%20pc?sort=3&page=1&_suid=139785497260404341542525277398

Last edited by storm; 12-09-2012 at 07:40 PM.
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: vt
Posts: 2,582
Default

Any of the Luck guys ready to change yet? Wins were the big argument here, and now its even.
__________________
2014 pack-pulled rc auto pc
http://s668.photobucket.com/user/atburg/library/#/user/atburg/library/2014%20rookie%20auto%20pc?sort=3&page=1&_suid=139785497260404341542525277398
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
jbmets95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 6,869
Default

Agree, even add in those rbs trich douggie martin and big alf to go with those qbs

i think david wilson is special also
those wr's will come on next year
and luke kuechly leads the lead in tackless...
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Did you really just say he scoots by?
brett, 100% agree! This has potential to be one of the best classes ever, RG3, Wilson, Luck, Weeden, Foles, not sold on Tanny yet but he's very raw. Even Cousins came through in the clutch today.
__________________
http://s897.photobucket.com/albums/ac172/jbmets95/
Iman Shumpert PC --> METS Prospects --> ZWheeler, KPlawecki, DHerrera,
Football --> Ladarius Green, Christine Michael, Lamar Miller, Montee Ball, Levine Toililo, Isaiah Crowell
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm View Post
Any of the Luck guys ready to change yet? Wins were the big argument here, and now its even.
Nope Ill stick with Luck.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: vt
Posts: 2,582
Default

And another big game for Wilson, while the Colts sneak past the Cheifs.
__________________
2014 pack-pulled rc auto pc
http://s668.photobucket.com/user/atburg/library/#/user/atburg/library/2014%20rookie%20auto%20pc?sort=3&page=1&_suid=139785497260404341542525277398
storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.