Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Prospect

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck?
Russell Wilson 44 25.88%
Andrew Luck 126 74.12%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Russell Wilson or Andrew Luck?

Simple question. Who would you rather have?

If at least 1000 put Andrew Luck and less than two put Russell Wilson my point will have been proven, so choose wisely .
Old 12-07-2012, 09:02 PM   #2 (permalink)

Stop. Just stop. Andrew Luck is better, Russell Wilson surprised many (but not me).

/thread
Old 12-07-2012, 11:08 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooslow View Post
Stop. Just stop. Andrew Luck is better, Russell Wilson surprised many (but not me).

/thread
I'm not saying Wilson is better, Luck is clearly the superior quarterback.

I'm simply proving a point here that Luck is the better QB .
Old 12-07-2012, 11:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Wilson is doing excellent taking nothing away from his rookie year, but clearly Luck is going to be peyton if not better if he stays healthy throughout his career.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)

Luck. Luck. And to top it off? An extra helping of Luck. Wilson is good, but he's not the same physical player that Luck is. Wilson can make plays, I'll give him that, but Luck is the prototypical field general. Peyton 2.0.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Going forward its Luck as he will learn to read defenses better and slow down on the turnovers, but right now sticking with Wilson. The point you are going for is a catch-22, you based this off of a "Who is the better rookie qb thread", which I believe is Wilson. I do not believe that will be the case 3 years from now (not that Wilson will be bad)

Last edited by storm; 12-07-2012 at 11:17 PM.
storm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

Jays, you're screwed. You need 2,500 people to respond "Luck" before one more person clicks "Wilson". Maybe you should edit your post and say you meant 5 to 1, not 500...?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

Luck is overated he isn't the next Peyton Manning he is the next Mcnabb. Wilson will be the only qb from the draft class thats still a starter 5 years from now. RGIII will have a serious injury that will mess up his career and Luck will show his true "talent" when he actually has a challenging schedule I mean the only even halfway good teams they have faced so far this year is Bears(Colts lost) Packers (Colts won then again Packers haven't been the same Super Bowl team they used to be) and Patriots (again Colts lost) and Colts lost to the Jaguars and Jets and Luck couldn't even throw for 200 yards against the Browns come on now seriously people
ima_do_me213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ima_do_me213 View Post
Luck is overated he isn't the next Peyton Manning he is the next Mcnabb. Wilson will be the only qb from the draft class thats still a starter 5 years from now. RGIII will have a serious injury that will mess up his career and Luck will show his true "talent" when he actually has a challenging schedule I mean the only even halfway good teams they have faced so far this year is Bears(Colts lost) Packers (Colts won then again Packers haven't been the same Super Bowl team they used to be) and Patriots (again Colts lost) and Colts lost to the Jaguars and Jets and Luck couldn't even throw for 200 yards against the Browns come on now seriously people
Are you out of your mind? Luck as the next McNabb? I don't think Luck is gonna make people forget about Manning but he will be better then McNabb ever was. I do agree with you about RG3 though, he needs to learn to get down when he runs in the middle of the field. He can say he will slide but he never does. Remember young man the name Mike Vick. Oh and the Browns actually have a good defense, so thats not so far fetched as you made it sound.
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:47 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Literally the dumbest post I've ever seen on here, and that is saying a lot.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
Are you out of your mind? Luck as the next McNabb? I don't think Luck is gonna make people forget about Manning but he will be better then McNabb ever was. I do agree with you about RG3 though, he needs to learn to get down when he runs in the middle of the field. He can say he will slide but he never does. Remember young man the name Mike Vick. Oh and the Browns actually have a good defense, so thats not so far fetched as you made it sound.
I might of went a little to far saying Mcnabb but he will never come close to being like Peyton. I know Vick probably my favorite player in NFL (I think just cause he is from Virginia Tech). Browns defense is good where? They are 16th (22.1) for points against, 23rd (367.7) for total yards against, 24th (252.1) for passing yards against and 16th (115.6) for rushing yards against
Old 12-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooslow View Post
Literally the dumbest post I've ever seen on here, and that is saying a lot.
What's dumb about it?
Old 12-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Russell Wilson for me.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #14 (permalink)

Russell Wilson me too
nickha2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:22 AM   #15 (permalink)

15 * 500 = 7,500

Better get out campaigning.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:46 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbando5 View Post
15 * 500 = 7,500

Better get out campaigning.
I've got the numbers. Trust me, I've got them.

(on a side note, I'm not too sure there are 7500 members on here!).
Old 12-08-2012, 12:47 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
I've got the numbers. Trust me, I've got them.

(on a side note, I'm not too sure there are 7500 members on here!).

Hahahahah, just poking fun at ya bro.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbando5 View Post
Hahahahah, just poking fun at ya bro.
I know, I know! I'll still try and get those numbers, though. My point will be proven!

Old 12-08-2012, 01:25 AM   #19 (permalink)

I voted Russell but I pick BOB III as my true winner

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:29 AM   #20 (permalink)

good quarterbacks elevate the level of his receivers, and that's what wilson did for golden tate, who many people saw as a dud. luck had reggie wayne already playing at a high level. not saying one's better than the other, but i find wilson more impressive of the two. Both are great.
jumbogorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 01:48 AM   #21 (permalink)

im a homer first off die hard hawks fan. lets just get that out there. Imo Russell wilson is a better qb.

-Russell wilson has beaten better teams
-luck has an easier schedule and reggie wayne.
- russell is 7th in nfl in passer rating, luck 29th
-Russell wilson has 19 tds and 8 ints; russell wilson is 11th in tds; wilson 22nd in ints
-Luck has 17 tds and 16 ints; luck is tied for 14th in tds; luck tied for first in ints
-luck is 6th in passing yards; luck sacked 28 times
-Wilson is 23rd in passing yards; wilson sacked 23 times
sals_cardz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #22 (permalink)

Russel Wilson is a 'rich mans version' of Doug Flutie. He should have a nice career until mobility becomes an issue.

Andrew Luck has more upside, but I see him putting up Brett Favre type numbers - lots of TDs and yards, but will throw more INTs than the average starting QB throughout his career.

RGIII - bad feeling he could sustain a major injury that plagues him throughout his career. By far the most exciting player in the league.

Weeden - might get another year or two as a starter; teams will have confidence in him as a backup

Tannehill - toughest QB to get a read on; like the upside, but will take longer to develop
runrickyrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by runrickyrun View Post
Russel Wilson is a 'rich mans version' of Doug Flutie. He should have a nice career until mobility becomes an issue.

Andrew Luck has more upside, but I see him putting up Brett Favre type numbers - lots of TDs and yards, but will throw more INTs than the average starting QB throughout his career.

RGIII - bad feeling he could sustain a major injury that plagues him throughout his career. By far the most exciting player in the league.

Weeden - might get another year or two as a starter; teams will have confidence in him as a backup

Tannehill - toughest QB to get a read on; like the upside, but will take longer to develop
I thought the same thing bout RGIII until he played the Vikes no one could catch him. Has far exceeded my expectations, but now like Vick I am actually more worried about accuracy on deep balls. There passing game has not really been far down the field.

Luck to me is doing the most with the least. Wayne aside there isn't much there in WR, they are very young. Hopefully Wayne will be a good influence on the young guys moving forward. Also I feel his Int are a little high, but he is throwing the ball downfield more from what I have seen.

Wilson is really impressive but feel he is being asked to do the least, of the big three.

Tannehill is very tough to read for me as well.

Weeden needs to figure some things out.

Like C Barkley "I could be wrong, but I doubt it."
Currently starting on a set of 96-97 Topps Chrome Refractors all PSA 9. lMK if looking to sell something I may need thanks. Currently Have 1 of 220 and bidding on one more currently.Exquisite Auto's of Thurman Thomas in Bills jersey
itsinusall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #24 (permalink)

I don't know if anyone else said this but RG3 and especially Wilson have assistance in the running game. I think if Luck had a solid RB like marshawn lynch or even Alfred Morris, his INTs would be way down.
Metsfan1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
I might of went a little to far saying Mcnabb but he will never come close to being like Peyton. I know Vick probably my favorite player in NFL (I think just cause he is from Virginia Tech). Browns defense is good where? They are 16th (22.1) for points against, 23rd (367.7) for total yards against, 24th (252.1) for passing yards against and 16th (115.6) for rushing yards against
Lol numbers don't say it all. The Colts entered the 4th quarter that game with the lead, and played conservative the entire quarter. Luck only attempted 2 passes, completing one for a 6 yard completion in the entire quarter. 180 through 3 quarters would've put him on pace for 240, which is a pretty solid total. Luck's numbers can only be so good if Arians doesn't allow him to throw it...