Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Beware of Amarek1984 on ebay... What do I do?

I had a BAD BUYER Amarek1984 who wanted to buy a Justin Blackmon item on ebay for a discount. I decided I would allow him to do it and changed my auction from buy it now to best offer and automatically accept price he offered. I e-mailed him. He never bought the item and someone else did. He was wanting a large discount offer on multiple Justin Blackmon autograph items and I was unwilling to offer him the price he wanted. He did not bid on my Justin Blackmon jersey either and lost. He sends me 30+ derogatory messages then buys two cheap Cam Newton items from me and sends me the following change item request message

"actually you can just refund my payment or cancel the transaction... I dont even want these cards... I just needed others to know what a shady character you are"

His Negative Feedback

Seller will not reply to me. backed out of a deal. beware buyers!!! bad service

Seller backed out on a deal made. Can not be trusted. I have never left neg rep

I reported him to ebay for leaving unwarranted feedback, explicit messages, and trying to make improper deals.

Ebay tells me try working it out with the buyer first. I can't leave a note on my feedback to his comments or anything in the mean time. I did leave a note in EVERY auction of mine about him. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime to leave a note on my ebay feedback about this POS and his actions?

Last edited by rbb147; 12-10-2012 at 04:18 PM.
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

On the very bottom of your feedback page should be a link that says "reply to feedback left"
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)

Did you email ebay or call them? If i were you i would call ebay ya its a time waster but get the feedback removed and forward all the emails to ebay for harrassment . You can't help that other people purchased the item . Also you should be able to get him on a scam he pulled by buying your cards and then emailing you what he did.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name sounded familiar so I checked my recently sold items, I've had a few flawless deals with Amarek1984.

When you say "trying to make improper deals", are you referring to when you both agreed on a price and YOU changed your listing to allow a best offer?
MI Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:07 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks actually didn't see that at the bottom of the page. I thought it was by the feedback in the past.

What I mean about an improper purchase....

I had a Justin Blackmon 2012 Press Pass Fanfare /10 autos for $20 Buy it now. He says it looks a little damaged in pictures to change it to best offer $15 and he'll make the purchase. I did.

I told him I am a big Justin Blackmon collector and actually have three of these cards, 2 in my person collection. He says "me likey, I'll take all 3 for $45"
I said no but I'll sell him 2 for $45 because the other is in perfect condition. He says no your just trying to charge me more because it is a 1/10 I'm not paying more for a 1/10. He says give me a sweet bulk price on the 2 cards and your Justin Blackmon autograph jersey at $35 for jersey and $30 for two Justin Blackmon autograph cards.

It was a ridiculous offer and I wouldn't accept it. He sends me over 30 derogatory messages over 2 days that I ignore.

In the mean time the Justin Blackmon card sold and the Jersey ended in auction at $61.

He had every chance to buy all or any of the items if he wanted over 2 days time. He never did, his problem not mine. Then he buys these two cards and leaves me that message about only wanting to leave negative feedback.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieren View Post
Did you email ebay or call them? If i were you i would call ebay ya its a time waster but get the feedback removed and forward all the emails to ebay for harrassment . You can't help that other people purchased the item . Also you should be able to get him on a scam he pulled by buying your cards and then emailing you what he did.
I did. I reported they buyer under feedback then called ebay, they said try to work it out with the buyer first because they can't make the change on my feedback page. I need to ask the buyer to change his feedback, but in the meantime they will work on investigating if his actions warrant his account being closed.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #7 (permalink)

I would get back on the phone and talk to management if you have proof telling you what he did then Ebay should be able to fix this without you contacting him.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:24 PM   #8 (permalink)

That is complete crap that ebay wont remove the feedback. First not only did he intentionally purchase something to leave you a negative, but he specifically stated in a message to you that he no longer wanted the items and wanted a refund. If a buyer doesnt want the items and wants a refund immediately before they are even shipped there is no circumstance that they should be able to leave you a negative. I would call them back and not give up on this. May ask to speak to a supervisor if you cant get anywhere with the normal reps.

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/

Last edited by GOWIFB; 12-10-2012 at 05:27 PM.
GOWIFB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #9 (permalink)

Pretty sure he did this so Amarek would leave the offer they agreed upon. Then Amarek never made the offer. I would assume he is saying improper deals as in the guy asked if he would take a price op agreed and then he never made an offer on the deal. I would condider that an improper deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MI Rob View Post
Name sounded familiar so I checked my recently sold items, I've had a few flawless deals with Amarek1984.

When you say "trying to make improper deals", are you referring to when you both agreed on a price and YOU changed your listing to allow a best offer?

Last edited by Lockdown32; 12-10-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Lockdown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
Pretty sure he did this so Amarek would leave the offer they agreed upon. Then Amarek never made the offer.
BINGO Lockdown32 He could have made an offer of $15 as promised then and now. Instead kept trying to get his even bigger SUPER deal and lost out when someone else later made an offer and was automatically accepted. Should I have cancelled that BUYERS order and said nope it wasn't meant for you? Obviously I should not have. He could have put a bid on my jersey too, he had two days to do that.

I am on the phone with ebay now and not giving up, this is insane what they are saying! I'll let everyone know the details of conversation when I get it all cleared up.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbb147 View Post
BINGO Lockdown32 He could have made an offer of $15 as promised then and now. Instead kept trying to get his even bigger SUPER deal and lost out when someone else later made an offer and was automatically accepted. Should I have cancelled that BUYERS order and said nope it wasn't meant for you? Obviously I should not have. He could have put a bid on my jersey too, he had two days to do that.

I am on the phone with ebay now and not giving up, this is insane what they are saying! I'll let everyone know the details of conversation when I get it all cleared up.
Good Luck and dont give up! That feedback should be removed regardless of all the crap he put you through, although that stuff does still add even more to the story. Buyer purchases item, changes mind and wants refund, no feedback should be allowed to be left PERIOD! Get em!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:45 PM   #12 (permalink)

Thats why you have the option to block buyers. Chump move on his part, but you should have blocked him.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

eBay is really hard to talk to. I wish you luck. Everytime I called they would research my account and limit me more and when they said call back in 60 days to ask for an increase, they banned me. It was worse everytime I called them. I was banned for a low DSR (it was a 4.8). eBay literally just reads from a piece of paper, I'd be shocked if they remove the feedback.
nuccionino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:12 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediii33 View Post
Thats why you have the option to block buyers. Chump move on his part, but you should have blocked him.
I don't think he knew there was an issue until it was already to late.
bigzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuccionino View Post
eBay is really hard to talk to. I wish you luck. Everytime I called they would research my account and limit me more and when they said call back in 60 days to ask for an increase, they banned me. It was worse everytime I called them. I was banned for a low DSR (it was a 4.8). eBay literally just reads from a piece of paper, I'd be shocked if they remove the feedback.
HAHAHAH here is the best part. I talked to AMAREK and we REMEDIED the situation and he reversed the feedback <- still not cool on his part for doing it to begin with.

Anyway I let him buy one of my other Justin Blackmon's I have a duplicate of and I list it and he buys it ON EBAY, USING BUY IT NOW.

He sends me a message he's also interested in my Barry Sanders 4 card lot I have for sale. I tell him I will take $8 on it by best offer <- Ebay sends me an automatic message saying I am not allow to message the buyer because it looks as though I am trying to sell items outside of ebay and my account will become limited. A$$es! I have a seller who they tell ME to remedy on my own and I do and EBAY takes retaliation trying to limit MY ACCOUNT?! BS! Well I'm out awhile I have to tutor. Never complain to ebay they just retaliate!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
HAHAHAH here is the best part. I talked to AMAREK and we REMEDIED the situation and he reversed the feedback <- still not cool on his part for doing it to begin with.

Anyway I let him buy one of my other Justin Blackmon's I have a duplicate of and I list it and he buys it ON EBAY, USING BUY IT NOW.

He sends me a message he's also interested in my Barry Sanders 4 card lot I have for sale. I tell him I will take $8 on it by best offer <- Ebay sends me an automatic message saying I am not allow to message the buyer because it looks as though I am trying to sell items outside of ebay and my account will become limited. A$$es! I have a seller who they tell ME to remedy on my own and I do and EBAY takes retaliation trying to limit MY ACCOUNT?! BS! Well I'm out awhile I have to tutor. Never complain to ebay they just retaliate!!!
Just wait till Ebay says they will not allow you to sell on their site...i had that happen and I called they said there is nothing they can do...my old account- rsxman2010... as you can see -0- issues oh well...eBay Feedback Profile for rsxman2010
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:

WOW wtf is wrong with ebay? I have never heard of them sending an automatic message if people discuss a price in message. Anytime I received an inquiry from a buyer sometimes I tell them a price and sometimes I dont and just say make an offer. I know other collectors that have received similar messages from buyers and never received a message from ebay about it.

Old 12-10-2012, 07:39 PM   #18 (permalink)

well good it was fixed but i wouldn't have sold to him after that . But then ebay to pull that BS afterwards come on. But ebay is all about making hard on the seller an easy for the buyer.