Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,758
Default Brandon Jacobs Suspended For Rest Of Regular Season

Confirmed on twitter. If anyone cares
pw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
PackAttack419's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 7,368
Default

i read earlier today that he thought he was wasting away , which is true. he just wants carries and at least a role on the team since he's getting paid.
guess he shoulda signed elsewhere
__________________
getting out of the hobby by the end of the 2013-14 basketball season... slowly ebaying the PC
PackAttack419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Empire State✈
Posts: 5,685
Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg
Default

What did he do?
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
FreeMan12406's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Heart of Texas
Posts: 13,409
Default

Extremely under used with the Niners. Had such potential with him and Gore. But with Dixon and Hunter I'm guessing they thought the RB spot was set.
__________________
Bury me alive, bury me with pride
Bury me with berries, that forbidden fruit and cherry wine
Thank you berry much, but tonight's my night and I'm Barry Bonds
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
What did he do?
Basically saying he's rotting away here and SF and didn't like it here. Was posted on Instagram. People were asking why was he putting up Giants pics and not 49ers and he said why would he put up any SF pictures that he's not happy here and having the worst season of his career.

Not the first time he's done stuff like this. He's taken plenty of cheap shots on twitter also
pw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
scotts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
What did he do?
Complaining that he isn't getting any playing time
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
RandysHobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 3,878
Default

Hes a greedy, self-conceded BITC*
RandysHobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
kdub0982's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 2,683
Default

never liked jacobs, what a whiny #@#@#@#@#@#@
kdub0982 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
allday_vikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 2,046
Default

I'm surprised Moss isn't on Twitter complaining why he wasn't getting more than 10 targets a game! Oh wait, after no other teams showed interested in him, he's finally realized his worth!

Jacobs should follow Moss's lead and be glad he's still getting pay!
__________________
I'm a SUPER COLLECTOR of, "autographs not issued by the manufactures" formally recognized by JSA but not by Beckett!
allday_vikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Shogun2049's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Woodland, CA
Posts: 1,309
Default

Hey, here's an idea. Pay me what Brandon Jacobs is making and I won't complain while I sit on the bench and watch the game.
Shogun2049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
avjp87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 10,999
Send a message via AIM to avjp87
Default

good, he's one of the biggest a$$holes in the nfl
__________________
Ray27Ray52:
"53% constitutes a majority? Good to know."
avjp87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
demboys28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: los angeles
Posts: 907
Default

what an idiot !
demboys28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by avjp87 View Post
good, he's one of the biggest a$$holes in the nfl
Please reconsider
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
mindbinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bristol, VA
Posts: 6,466
Default

Jacobs singed on with the 49ers thinking they could beat the Giants and win a ring with the other players that migrated to San Fran. 49ers should just release him and be done with it....someone would pick him up.
__________________
Super Collector - Looking for anything of Ahmad Bradshaw!-

See my collection at: Bradshaw44.com
mindbinge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
HBMC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 8,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strasburg View Post
What did he do?
Flap his gums, which he is quite good at.
__________________
I PC: Dallas Cowboys, Arkansas Razorbacks, StL Cards, KC Chiefs
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i413/hogsboysmavscards/
Searching for a 14 UD Chris Smith B&W #'d/10
Andrew Luck
HBMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
GOWIFB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun2049 View Post
Hey, here's an idea. Pay me what Brandon Jacobs is making and I won't complain while I sit on the bench and watch the game.
Ridiculous comment. So sick of seeing on message boards 'oh he shouldnt be upset, look at what he makes and I would love to make that kind of money' or 'Jeez he signed for 150 million, was 100 million not enough for him? pay me 1 million and I would be more than happy to have his job.' We really cannot compare what us normal people make vs what pro athletes, celebrities, etc make. These guys are football players want to PLAY in the game, not just show up and collect paychecks, as great as the paychecks may be. I can understand Jacobs' frustration.

That being said, when he signed he knew they had Gore and Dixon. He had to figure he wasnt just going to show up and be guaranteed to be a featured back. If he wanted to do that he shouldnt have gone to a place that already had 2 RBs in place. Now that he put himself in that mess, he should have just shut up, played out the year, and moved on.
__________________
Collecting 2007 Sweet Spot Classic Patches and anything Wisconsin!

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
Ridiculous comment. So sick of seeing on message boards 'oh he shouldnt be upset, look at what he makes and I would love to make that kind of money' or 'Jeez he signed for 150 million, was 100 million not enough for him? pay me 1 million and I would be more than happy to have his job.' We really cannot compare what us normal people make vs what pro athletes, celebrities, etc make. These guys are football players want to PLAY in the game, not just show up and collect paychecks, as great as the paychecks may be. I can understand Jacobs' frustration.

That being said, when he signed he knew they had Gore and Dixon. He had to figure he wasnt just going to show up and be guaranteed to be a featured back. If he wanted to do that he shouldnt have gone to a place that already had 2 RBs in place. Now that he put himself in that mess, he should have just shut up, played out the year, and moved on.
I agree with you. It was puzzling why he signed with the 49'ers when they clearly had Gore & Hunter as pretty solid 1 and 2. Honestly, I'm not a big Harbaugh fan so I just have to wonder how Jacobs' role was explained to him during the signing process. Same thing with Manningham. He goes from probably the most famous and, arguably, most effective #3 receiver in the game to a guy who barely gets a ball thrown his way in SF.

When you see how they've performed this year, I think it's easy to jump to the conclusion that they just signed with the 49'ers based either on money, winning, or a combination of the two but I think there is probably more to it than that, i.e. they were both lead to believe they'd have a big role on the team.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: California
Posts: 3,758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindbinge View Post
Jacobs singed on with the 49ers thinking they could beat the Giants and win a ring with the other players that migrated to San Fran. 49ers should just release him and be done with it....someone would pick him up.
That's the point of the suspension. They don't want to give him what he wants and cut him (guessing he may go back to NY) so they suspended him without pay. Keeps him away from the facility. Hard to give a guy what he wants when he bad mouths the organization online because he isn't playing as much as he'd like
pw52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pw52 View Post
That's the point of the suspension. They don't want to give him what he wants and cut him (guessing he may go back to NY) so they suspended him without pay. Keeps him away from the facility. Hard to give a guy what he wants when he bad mouths the organization online because he isn't playing as much as he'd like
Hadn't thought about that. He sees Andre Brown go down and figures the G-Men could use a goal line back (even though Jacobs ironically sucks in short yardage). Interesting...
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.