Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #51 (permalink)

Keep Cutler. Get rid of Tice and maybe lovie.

Maybe bring in Andy Reid?

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dabears1985/a/for-sale
DaBears 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:00 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dherm360 View Post
Marshall saved Cutler on a couple of occasions when he threw the ball up and Marshall came down with it. Could have had a few more picks. The Bears are a decent running team, not sure why they dont focus more on that. IMO Cutler is garbage, but there is no one to replace him either. If the Bears dont have him as QB next year, they will make some rediculous trade for a backup, Flynn, Vick or so on and way overpay.
Well he did get wrecked and got injured from everson griffen which Im sure had something to do with those floater throws later. And lets not get crazy, hes no sanchez or Cardinals trifecta.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:01 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears 1985 View Post
Keep Cutler. Get rid of Tice and maybe lovie.

Maybe bring in Andy Reid?
Tice has got to go, he was a Bad O line Coach and a worse Off. Coordinater.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew306 View Post
Sure Cutler isn't having the best season ever, but he isn't even close to the problem. Here is what the Bears should really be focusing on instead of this nonsense
1. The O-line. Its a joke and the completely ignored it last off season. Please go out and sign an o-linemen instead of drafting another hack who gets hurt his first game
2. Receiving Core- Marshall is a good start but the rest are just awful. Earl Bennett is worse than last year and can't stay healthy. Kellen Davis is a sorry excuse for the tight end and are other two tight ends would make good practice squad players. Devin Hester is way past his prime and can't catch worth a damn. Alshon Jeffery was way over-hyped and can't stay healthy. And while were on the subject would sometime tell Eric Weems to remove his head from his anus and stop running balls out from the end zone to the 10 yard line.
3. Defense- Should be the main focus of the Bears draft. The D-Line is ok, but our linebacking core is old and our secondary needs depth. Kelvin Hayden is just not getting the job done and Chris Conte might be my least favorite Bear.

End Rant.

Don't get rid of Cutler

excellent post

Old 12-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Tice has got to go, he was a Bad O line Coach and a worse Off. Coordinater.
No kidding. I dont even know what to think. We've got so many issues everywhere....Cap space being another. Earl Bennett is taking up a ton of cap space and he's a #3 WR at best. I hope we cut him. And Peppers....2 sacks in 6 games. Are you kidding me? $13+ million for next year. We're not gonna cut him, but he doesnt deserve close to that. And Cutler thinks he's getting a multi-year 9 digit contract??? I dont think so! Also Forte is being over payed for his average production.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #56 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears 1985 View Post
No kidding. I dont even know what to think. We've got so many issues everywhere....Cap space being another. Earl Bennett is taking up a ton of cap space and he's a #3 WR at best. I hope we cut him. And Peppers....2 sacks in 6 games. Are you kidding me? $13+ million for next year. We're not gonna cut him, but he doesnt deserve close to that. And Cutler thinks he's getting a multi-year 9 digit contract??? I dont think so! Also Forte is being over payed for his average production.
Well, I think we all thought that Forte was going to continue his former production. Peppers gets quadrupled teamed so hes doing his job, Bennett has got to go, him Lovie and Mike can all go to cleveland.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:09 PM   #57 (permalink)

All this talk about Cutler is annoying. It's the offensive lines fault. We all saw last week when even an elite qb like Rodgers barley has any time to throw, they're not effective. Cutler easily has one of the best arms in the league, and has HUGE chemistry with Marshall. They would be stupid to let him go. How bout instead of continuing signing washed up free agent linemen who where good 5 years ago, we commit to drafting them. I don't care if it means taking an offensive lineman with every pick, or trading a first round pick for an elite lineman. Plus go back and look at all the dropped balls by the bears lately. Hester td yesterday, Alshon td yesterday, Bennett the other week, and even Marshall has 2 dropped tds this season. I haven't even mentioned Kellen Davis yet..... Worst hands I've ever seen and has killed so many drives just himself. Running game has been almost non existent and the run play calling up the middle constantly has been just plain dumb. And if you want to talk about his attitude, well I'm sure you would have an attitude too if you spent half the game on your butt. There are alot of problems with the bears, and cutler is not it.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:14 PM   #58 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
All this talk about Cutler is annoying. It's the offensive lines fault. We all saw last week when even an elite qb like Rodgers barley has any time to throw, they're not effective. Cutler easily has one of the best arms in the league, and has HUGE chemistry with Marshall. They would be stupid to let him go. How bout instead of continuing signing washed up free agent linemen who where good 5 years ago, we commit to drafting them. I don't care if it means taking an offensive lineman with every pick, or trading a first round pick for an elite lineman. Plus go back and look at all the dropped balls by the bears lately. Hester td yesterday, Alshon td yesterday, Bennett the other week, and even Marshall has 2 dropped tds this season. I haven't even mentioned Kellen Davis yet..... Worst hands I've ever seen and has killed so many drives just himself. Running game has been almost non existent and the run play calling up the middle constantly has been just plain dumb. And if you want to talk about his attitude, well I'm sure you would have an attitude too if you spent half the game on your butt. There are alot of problems with the bears, and cutler is not it.
I agree, its not his fault at all. I like his attitude, he has the right to yell at stupid Jemarcus Webb and his terrible blocking, that was the big issue he had , then people started making random accusations about how he never smiles or dosent say hi to the soldier field staff.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 PM   #59 (permalink)

Every time I talk about Jay Cutler, I always say that he doesn't win games for the Bears, he just allows them not to lose. I also don't think he has the right attitude to take them to the top.

That said, I think the Bears have to re-sign him because there aren't any better options on the FA market (that I can think of). They should bring in either a young guy with potential or flat out draft a quarterback for the future, because Cutler is not the long term answer.

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:51 PM   #60 (permalink)

I can't believe this is even being discussed by the Bears management. Their offense would be lucky to score 6 points a game without him.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
I can't believe this is even being discussed by the Bears management. Their offense would be lucky to score 6 points a game without him.
Word. I hope its just internet dribble. I was under the impression that he was the Bears' franchise Quarterback going forward.
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:52 AM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Word. I hope its just internet dribble. I was under the impression that he was the Bears' franchise Quarterback going forward.
It is, just found an article sayingto let him go whilst perusing the internet.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #63 (permalink)

Really glad that guy didn't take the $2,000 I offered him for the Cutler Chrome rookie Superfractor two weeks ago. Bullet dodged.
pejc300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #64 (permalink)

Before you think of getting rid of Cutler, you need to look at who is out there to replace him. The only guy who could be available is Flacco, and he really isn't an upgrade to Cutler. Alex Smith may be available but he will be more of a game manager. It could be what the Bears need. If they have a QB who doesn't have the arm Cutler has, maybe it will force them to rely more on the run.

My issue with Cutler is he is too reckless. Just like Favre, he can lose a game for a team or put them in a hole early on. And with a great defense, all you need is a game manager. If he had Favre's luck, he would be alright. But he doesn't. All his passes into triple coverage get picked.

But for now, there is nothing better on the market so you just have to stick with him. I'd try to get a QB in the draft and hope you get lucky with the pick. Cutler IMO is never going to be a super bowl winning QB. He doesn't fit into the class of the great QBs who have won. Think about it. Brees, Peyton, Eli, Big ben, Brady, Rodgers, Warner, Young, Aikman, Favre, and Elway. These QBs have won 18 of the last 20 super bowls. The other 2 are Dilfer and Johnson. Game managers who had a great defense. So you need an elite QB or a great defense w/ a game manager. Cutler is not elite or a game manager.
jr24ai3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:12 AM   #65 (permalink)

Jay Cutler is a SissyPunk
Old 12-11-2012, 01:28 AM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr24ai3 View Post
Before you think of getting rid of Cutler, you need to look at who is out there to replace him. The only guy who could be available is Flacco, and he really isn't an upgrade to Cutler. Alex Smith may be available but he will be more of a game manager. It could be what the Bears need. If they have a QB who doesn't have the arm Cutler has, maybe it will force them to rely more on the run.

My issue with Cutler is he is too reckless. Just like Favre, he can lose a game for a team or put them in a hole early on. And with a great defense, all you need is a game manager. If he had Favre's luck, he would be alright. But he doesn't. All his passes into triple coverage get picked.

But for now, there is nothing better on the market so you just have to stick with him. I'd try to get a QB in the draft and hope you get lucky with the pick. Cutler IMO is never going to be a super bowl winning QB. He doesn't fit into the class of the great QBs who have won. Think about it. Brees, Peyton, Eli, Big ben, Brady, Rodgers, Warner, Young, Aikman, Favre, and Elway. These QBs have won 18 of the last 20 super bowls. The other 2 are Dilfer and Johnson. Game managers who had a great defense. So you need an elite QB or a great defense w/ a game manager. Cutler is not elite or a game manager.
We almost won with Grossman

/thread
http://sportscardalbum.com/u/drew306
drew306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:05 AM   #67 (permalink)

Give the Cutler the Giants line and Eli the bears line and Eli would be on the injury list just as much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
I don't buy into the "Cutler is a tough guy" mentality but I also think it's a bad argument to have.

A better measure is a player's ability to stay in the game. Call it tough, call it smart, whatever. Bottom line is, a guy who isn't out there doesn't help you win. That's my measurement. Look at Eli, he has like 200+ starts in a row. Is he tough? Maybe he just does a better job not getting hit. Bottom line is he's out there for my Giants every week and that helps us win more consistently than if he wasn't out there.

I could care less about "tough". Give me a guy who plays!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:50 AM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:
We almost won with Grossman

/thread
Jay Cutler isn't much better than Grossman, but your defense was much better and younger that year.

During his Super Bowl season run (2006), Grossman had a stat line of:
3193 yards, 23 TD, 20 ints, rating 73.9

Cutler's best year with the Bears was 2010:
3274 yards, 23 TD, 16 ints, rating 86.3

This year:
2495 yards, 16 TD, 13 ints, rating 80.9

Grossman is Cutler, Cutler is Grossman... Einhorn is Finkle.

The Bears win despite Cutler, not because of him. Unless you want to give Rex Grossman the same level of credit.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #69 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Jay Cutler isn't much better than Grossman, but your defense was much better and younger that year.

During his Super Bowl season run (2006), Grossman had a stat line of:
3193 yards, 23 TD, 20 ints, rating 73.9

Cutler's best year with the Bears was 2010:
3274 yards, 23 TD, 16 ints, rating 86.3

This year:
2495 yards, 16 TD, 13 ints, rating 80.9

Grossman is Cutler, Cutler is Grossman... Einhorn is Finkle.

The Bears win despite Cutler, not because of him. Unless you want to give Rex Grossman the same level of credit.
Grossman and Orton both played behind an OL that was at least average. Cutler has to avoid pressure on every play.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
Give the Cutler the Giants line and Eli the bears line and Eli would be on the injury list just as much!
Its amazing that Cutler doesn't miss more time than he does considering the hits he takes on a weekly basis.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
Grossman and Orton both played behind an OL that was at least average. Cutler has to avoid pressure on every play.
While I buy that the offensive line has a big influence on play, you just need to look in the division for a QB who gets sacked and pressured even more than Cutler... Rodgers.

The difference between the two is bone headed plays. Cutler tries to force more than Rodgers and he pays for it. If both had a line, they would put up better TD and yardage numbers, but I don't think that would change Cutler's turnover numbers.

I think the O-line will be the downfall of the Packers and Bears this year, but I also think the Bears have an issue at QB. It doesn't trump their other issues, but I still think it is an issue.
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #72 (permalink)

Trade Cutler for ROMO anyone? Just a thought. Im just trying to think of who the bears could MAYBE get besides cutler. Romo has better numbers but i think he needs a change of scenery. Vick will be out there. However you cant put him behind that line either. Alex Smith is a strong maybe to at least bring in as the backup if you keep cutler.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
Trade Cutler for ROMO anyone? Just a thought. Im just trying to think of who the bears could MAYBE get besides cutler. Romo has better numbers but i think he needs a change of scenery. Vick will be out there. However you cant put him behind that line either. Alex Smith is a strong maybe to at least bring in as the backup if you keep cutler.
The Cowboys would not trade Romo away, nor would they want to bring in Cutler.

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:09 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
I think you are wrong. Eli took a beating in the NFC Championship last year and found a way to stay in the game and ultimately win the game.

I like Cutler, but my knock on him is I'm just not sure he's a winner. Some guys always seem to have an excuse for why they came up short. I worry that he might be one of those guys.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 PM   #75 (permalink)

Alright....been waiting for this topic for a while... I've been a Bears fan for 30+ years, so there is no question where my loyalties lie... Here is my opinion of what's wrong with our current squad....

Lovie Smith - Guy needs to be shown the door, he is an unemotional POS. He is not a leader, if you watch a postgame conference with him - you can't even tell if we won or lost the game. Nothing stirs him up, and while that attitude can be good for many occupations - I think an NFL head coach needs to be passionate and fired up. The team feeds off that...good or bad, and with Lovie's "High Guy" attitude, its def. bad for us. His uninvolved attitude is partially to blame for Cutler being able to act like the high-maintenance poodle he has shown us several times in the past. I would absolutely LOVE to see Cutler try to throw one of his Paris Hilton B***H Fits with a coach like Ditka.....LMAO.

Jay Cutler - The guy wants to win & has an incredible arm.... The biggest problem with him is he thinks his arm strength can perform miracles - he thinks he is better than he is at this point in his career. He is not extremely “football smart”, when under pressure – instead of throwing the ball away and trying next down, he thinks he has the ability to squeeze the ball into a ridiculous opening – and usually ends up throwing a pick (the Favre-like “Gun-Slinger” quality others have spoken about). The guy is tough, and gets hits a ton (takes some serious shots too). Not until recently have I seen him running a little more, but watch his games – you will very very rarely see him chuck one out of bounds and give up on a play…. His attitude is garbage whens things don’t go as planned, and he needs a head coach that will teach him how to lead and not allow him to pout and throw temper tantrums when things aren’t going his way.

WRs – Honestly, I think potentially we have one of the best receiving corps in the NFL. Brandon Marshall & Alshon Jeffery should be the #1 & #2 (large bodies, good hands, decent speed), combined with an Earl Bennett or Dane Sanzenbacher smaller slot-style receiver. Eric Weems has decent speed, and if Knox ever returns, we could be unstoppable. Notice I don’t mention Hester – this guy is not a WR; he can’t catch, he is afraid of getting hit….his speed is his only weapon, and he has to catch the ball before he can use that….

RBs – Again, I think we have a great RB combo. Forte & Bush….great backs – different styles. Def. not the problem…

O Line – We need to start a complete rebuild here, if we can’t protect our QB or give our RBs any room to do their job, everything else is for nothing. This is where it all starts, and the Bears have been neglecting this fact for many years….We have the offensive weapons, but the O Line is the key to our offensive success. Especially with a QB like Cutler, he wants time to see what opens up and sling the ball there.

Defense – Other than the fact that we’re getting old, I don’t think there are any huge issues that require addressing. Let’s face it – this is the heart of our team, and the reason we still have a chance at even making the playoffs this season….

Sorry it went a little lenghty.....LOL.
Always looking for rare & serial #17 Alshon Jeffery cards - if you have something for sale, feel free to PM me!!
dabears_n_2012 is offline   Reply With Quote