Blowout Cards Forums
New Categories

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Jay Cutler

Never thought it would come to this, but sadly there is talk of making Cutler a free agent rather than resign him due to the collapse of this season, Ive read a few articles defending Keeping him(My choice), But ive also seen some articles that are pretty convincing as to why they should make him a free agent. I will make a poll if someone can help me out with making it(as I dont know how), but for now we will just state our opinions here.

PLEASE DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A CUTLER BASHING THREAD. I will not respond to any posts bashing him for any reason, and you will be blocked. this is just a thread for opinions on wether or not he should be resigned.

Thanks!!!!!
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)

Bears have alot of talent. They need a new QB .
chan2641 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

cutler for mark sanchez trade
patchgenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchgenie View Post
cutler for mark sanchez trade
LOL Ill take a pass on that one
Old 12-10-2012, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

I think the Bears should keep him around. I really dont see who else they are going to get especially with the draft position they are going to have. As much as I like to make fun of Cutler (The Bears Still Suck ) he is a pretty good QB and probably the best the Bears have had in decades. Unless they are thinking of completely starting a new team from the ground up, they should keep him around for years

My photobucket: http://s451.photobucket.com/albums/qq239/GOWIFB/

Last edited by GOWIFB; 12-10-2012 at 09:56 PM.
GOWIFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #6 (permalink)

this is my answer... time to end this dysfunctional marriage
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

They should try to sign Matt Flynn and give him a shot. Cutler has been around long enough that he can be fairly judged and i think he keeps making the same mistakes, making those throws that just make you shake your head at times. I think he has worn out his welcome in chitown
scotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOWIFB View Post
I think the Bears should keep him around. I really dont see who else they are going to get especially with the draft position they are going to have. As much as I like to make fun of Cutler (The Bears Still Suck ) he is pretty good QB and probably the best the Bears have had in decades. Unless they are thinking of completely starting a new team from the ground up, they should keep him around for years
I agree with this.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

I think the Bears front office is starting to realize that the Bears will never win a SB with Cutler as there QB, Cutler has had a sub-par season. The Bears have only won the games they have because of there D. He may not even break 3,000 yards this season.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #10 (permalink)

Cutler isn't going anywhere. Only person that might be leaving is lovie or some of the other coaches. Bears need an oline. They aren't going to make Cutler a free agent unless they know they are going to be getting something better and I don't seem the Bears able to do that. Where did you hear about them making him a free agent?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

My problem with Cutler is he's not a very good game manager, he has cost them games since he came here by being reckless when all they needed was someone not to turn the ball over.

I am not a Cutler fan.....BUT the problem I see is, in 2 years they won't have nearly as good of a defense so they may need a reckless QB that can make plays rather than someone to just manage games.

I do believe Cutler has been one of the more overrated quarterbacks over the last several years. Way too inconsistent
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotts View Post
They should try to sign Matt Flynn and give him a shot. Cutler has been around long enough that he can be fairly judged and i think he keeps making the same mistakes, making those throws that just make you shake your head at times. I think he has worn out his welcome in chitown
I think keeping Cutler and getting a good backup (Flynn, etc) could be our best bet. I just dont like the odds of a guy like flynn or Campbell(Pocket Passers) with our O line. Im going to say something a little bit Crazy........ Id like to see Josh Mccown get a start or two.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

It's not Cutler it's the oline and wr's. He is having a sub par season because he doesn't have an oline protecting him or a wr to throw too. Because of this he has to make passes that no matter who is throwing them aren't going to have a good outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALVINXLIONSX81 View Post
I think the Bears front office is starting to realize that the Bears will never win a SB with Cutler as there QB, Cutler has had a sub-par season. The Bears have only won the games they have because of there D. He may not even break 3,000 yards this season.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to JORDANForever

Sorry to say it man I'm a Bears fan to ...I was so happy about a month ago .Cutler really pissed me off when he walked out of that championship game .I started to forgive him but here we are again sliding away from where we should be .D fence got us here all he had to do was pick it up a little with Urlacher down an he cant even do that.......
Time for him to go ..........not even a debate ......unless he puts us on his back and gets us in the playoffs Im done with him ....................
JORDANForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #15 (permalink)

Cutler is Favre-lite.

He has all the arm strength in the world, which gets him into trouble. He has a mind set that he can fit the ball anywhere and it costs him. Favre drove Packer fans nuts with his "gun slinging" (despite the media making it sound like a positive).
freethrowtommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockdown32 View Post
Cutler isn't going anywhere. Only person that might be leaving is lovie or some of the other coaches. Bears need an oline. They aren't going to make Cutler a free agent unless they know they are going to be getting something better and I don't seem the Bears able to do that. Where did you hear about them making him a free agent?
Its not coming from them, its just some random people writing articles. Also Former Bear Jim Miller said to let him go due to his injury problems. I think its an interesting topic, especially if we miss out on the playoffs. Lovie better be gone.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)

And lets throw this into the Mix..... Does Brandon Marshall have 1/2 the season he did/has had this year next year if we let Cutler go?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #18 (permalink)

The Bears would be silly to let Cutler go. They just added Marshall and Jeffrey this year and got 2 steps closer to having a really good offense. The Oline is awful and needs help but every team has holes.

In the NFL, you need a guy who can WIN games for you. Granted, Cutler makes mistakes, but he has the talent to carry the team if he gets hot and that's all it takes--make it to the playoffs and get on a roll.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blevins26 View Post
The Bears would be silly to let Cutler go. They just added Marshall and Jeffrey this year and got 2 steps closer to having a really good offense. The Oline is awful and needs help but every team has holes.

In the NFL, you need a guy who can WIN games for you. Granted, Cutler makes mistakes, but he has the talent to carry the team if he gets hot and that's all it takes--make it to the playoffs and get on a roll.
I agree very much so.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 PM   #20 (permalink)

Cutler becomes a better quarterback when Forte runs the ball. It's really that simple. I don't like Cutler, but I don't see him leaving before Tice and Lovie. I really hope Smith isn't here next year.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 PM   #21 (permalink)

As a Packers fan, I'd be very happy to see him stay in Chicago...
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-train10 View Post
Cutler becomes a better quarterback when Forte runs the ball. It's really that simple. I don't like Cutler, but I don't see him leaving before Tice and Lovie. I really hope Smith isn't here next year.
Thank you for mentioning Tice. Gotta be the worst OC in the league when you consider the talent he has and what he is getting out of him.

Last year Forte had way better stats with Martz as the OC and no WR threat to speak of. And people hated on Martz for being pass happy.
blevins26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by a-train10 View Post
I agree with this as well. Smith Better be fired, and the O line HAS to start run blocking. I love how carimi has played at Guard, he needs to stay there.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #24 (permalink)

This would be the best decision the Bears have made in years. That is if they get a GOOD QB in there to replace him.

Photobucket: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v480/lors/Football%20Cards/
lionsfan20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:17 PM   #25 (permalink)

He's a gunslinger. Always has been. If you're going to have him on your team, you're going to have to live with his 'extreme free' nature in the pocket, and the chances he takes that other qb's necessarily wouldn't. I'm pretty neutral on the matter, but we've all seen what happened to the bears when Cutler is injured...night and day difference in the offense.

On the other hand, I think this year has proved that sometimes quarterbacks don't have to be drafted high or in the first round for you to have a chance at grooming the next centerpiece of your franchise.

The Bears defense really seems like the most suspect thing during their recent skid. Giving up points like it's christmas in november.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote