Blowout Cards Forums
Top Shelf

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 11:50 PM   #76 (permalink)

Game over...valiant effort by Rodgers and co. though.
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:52 PM   #77 (permalink)

Not by donald lee. Proves he can't block nor catch. Finley is miles ahead of him. As we all have seen.
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:53 PM   #78 (permalink)

Sportsmanship must still be alive. I still cannot fathom how guys who just lost a game can be laughing and joking with their opponents after the game, but that must be sportsmanship at its best...
Old 10-05-2009, 11:59 PM   #79 (permalink)

I quit...10 characters. now my comp is yelling at me. FML!
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 12:02 AM   #80 (permalink)

What a game!! I'm sorry but Brett Favre rocks! I'm a Vikings fan, but obviously wanted Rodgers to have a good game. That he did, but so did the Vikings. Had it not been for the turnovers and the dropped Lee catch, it woulda been the other way around!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:09 AM   #81 (permalink)

what about the 7 sacks and million hurries. I think he is pissed! How can you not be? He is getting hit more than a professional boxer. 19 times in 4 games. plus all the knockdowns. I'd be in a wheelchair even with pads. I might even have a concussion on top of that.
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 AM   #82 (permalink)

Least AP was great against a terrible Run D only positive from this game.
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacky1053 View Post
This attempted comeback by Rodgers is more impressive than most of what Favre has done tonight...
Rodgers is good. There's no doubt.

However...No other 39 year old QB has ever done what Favre just did despite all the hounding and hatred pointed at him. He's GREAT and everyone needs to just admit it. He's beaten every single NFL team, including his own, probably a feat that will never be matched, and has countless other records. He's 4-0 this year and probably playoff bound...again!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #84 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwheeler27 View Post
Rodgers is good. There's no doubt.

However...No other 39 year old QB has ever done what Favre just did despite all the hounding and hatred pointed at him. He's GREAT and everyone needs to just admit it. He's beaten every single NFL team, including his own, probably a feat that will never be matched, and has countless other records. He's 4-0 this year and probably playoff bound...again!
Having 7.4 seconds to throw? Give any legit nfl qb that time and they will tear you up. I don't hate favre. I live in wisky. I hope he does well. But 7.4 seconds............thats ALOT of time and you and me both know that.
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 12:46 AM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
Having 7.4 seconds to throw? Give any legit nfl qb that time and they will tear you up. I don't hate favre. I live in wisky. I hope he does well. But 7.4 seconds............thats ALOT of time and you and me both know that.
What about the other 23 passes he completed? You're surely not suggesting that he needed anywhere near that much time to complete even half of those passes are you? And keep in mind that he did this with absolutely no ground attack tonight. Something no one saw coming.

He's a true champion, and he just keeps proving it.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:53 AM   #86 (permalink)

with holes all over that defense. Its a transition season and we all know that. You don't go from the 4-3 to the 3-4 in a season and expect it to be perfect. Missed asingments left and right. They are learning it. ALL the experts were right. They said GB would give up a TON of yards in this transition before the season. Its a learning season for the deffense. Thats why most his completions were to guys wide open. He is good, S*** he is great, but an open reciever is easy to hit for a good qb, let alone an amazing one. Its too hard for lockdown corners their whole careers now to play an area? I know woodson has done good but thats one player who has largely benifited. harris is a great CB. Has his moments but a great bump and run lock up corner. he can't do that in a zone. He plays a space, when the guy leaves his space, its no longer his responsibility. That takes away from his ability and what he does best. Disagree IDC but thats what he has done his career.
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #87 (permalink)

Doesn't matter anyway because Peyton Manning is gonna break all his passing records...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:57 AM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Doesn't matter anyway because Peyton Manning is gonna break all his passing records...
He might. He has a long way to go though to break "all" of them. I think Arod has a better shot at the all-time home run record than Manning has of breaking all of Favre's passing records, but that's not really saying much.

Just tonight even Favre said, "well, there's got to be something that people remember me for", when talking about beating every team in the NFL. Maybe that's all he cares to be remembered for. :-)
Old 10-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #89 (permalink)

My Vikings win!!
we all know who the better team is , no doubt rogers is good but there is no way that they will make it to the playoffs with that amazing o-line, and fackers D couldnt even touch brett... just face it the VIKINGS are on top ... no excuses "mistakes, mistakes"
Old 10-06-2009, 01:02 AM   #90 (permalink)

I think the point will be finalized after Favre has accomplished all his personal goals.

1. BEAT GREEN BAY - CHECK
2. WIN NFC NORTH TITLE
3. WIN NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE
4. WIN SUPERBOWL FOR THE VIKINGS I HONESTLY THINK HE CAN DO IT.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #91 (permalink)

HUM I THINK ITS A LONG SHOT ON ALL

BUT PEYTON IS THE BEST THING IN INDIANA

INDY 500 HORRIBLE (LOSE MONEY EVERY YEAR)
PACERS THE FEVER CAN BEAT THEM.
CLASS BASKETBALL SUCKS
IM NOT SURE WHAT THE STATE HAS LEFT TO OFFER MAYBE THE JAMES DEAN FESTIVAL EVERY YEAR!
Quote:
Old 10-06-2009, 01:10 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peekaboo View Post
I think the point will be finalized after Favre has accomplished all his personal goals.

1. BEAT GREEN BAY - CHECK
2. BEAT GREAN BAY at GREEN BAY
3. WIN NFC NORTH TITLE
4. WIN NFC CHAMPIONSHIP TITLE
5. WIN SUPERBOWL FOR THE VIKINGS I HONESTLY THINK HE CAN DO IT.
I fixed Favre's goals for you.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
What about the other 23 passes he completed? You're surely not suggesting that he needed anywhere near that much time to complete even half of those passes are you? And keep in mind that he did this with absolutely no ground attack tonight. Something no one saw coming.

He's a true champion, and he just keeps proving it.
Well said. Favre turns 40 this week and we all know he can't do what he could at one time but he still should be put in the top of the leagues QBs. That says a lot about the man right there. He loves the game and can still play with the best and both show. Love him or hate him just admit he is a great QB and has put up some numbers that may never be matched.

"Sometimes it is better to remain silent and be thought an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt...."
bigmon80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:53 PM   #94 (permalink)

Just some casual observations:

1) AJ Hawk: Million dollar hair and Million dollar name---.10 game. You are a servicable player at best. Be prepared to take a salary hit when you RC contract expires.

2) I thought Madden went a bit overboard in his gushing about Favre (and I do like Favre), but Gruden took it to a new level last night. Holly crap Jon! Just chill out a bit.

3) Joe Thomas will be wearing packer gold or viking purple when his rookie contract expires. A little bird told me that.

4) Admirable job by Rodgers considering he was getting beat up everytime he dropped back.

5) Allen new there was blood in the water before the game started and he played like it.

6) Ryan Grant. Ouch.
shadetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:07 PM   #95 (permalink)

One question I have regarding Favre's postgame interview with Michelle Tafoya. He referred to Aaron Rodgers as "their quarterback". I know for a fact he knows his name, I think that's a little disrespectful to not address him by name, but that's just me.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
One question I have regarding Favre's postgame interview with Michelle Tafoya. He referred to Aaron Rodgers as "their quarterback". I know for a fact he knows his name, I think that's a little disrespectful to not address him by name, but that's just me.
I missed your question.

Perhaps you're reading into this too much. After all, he didn't say anything wrong that wasn't true. He just won an emotional game. I see nothing wrong with it.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:42 PM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
I missed your question.

Perhaps you're reading into this too much. After all, he didn't say anything wrong that wasn't true. He just won an emotional game. I see nothing wrong with it.
Like you said, maybe it's just me, I just find it ironic that he won't call the guy who was picked to take his spot in GB by name.
Old 10-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #98 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Its a transition season and we all know that. You don't go from the 4-3 to the 3-4 in a season and expect it to be perfect.
The Broncos seem to be doing pretty damn well in their first year. Piss poor excuss.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 05:44 PM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
The Broncos seem to be doing pretty damn well in their first year. Piss poor excuss.

WOW really. Maybe its u that needs to look into the transition years for them defenses. You do the research. No need to make my point. Its beyond obvious. Plus the broncos, who have they played? Raider Tech, clevland state, and Dallas U, come on none of them teams are any good. After they are done playing FCS teams we will talk.
P.47
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM   #100 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
WOW really. Maybe its u that needs to look into the transition years for them defenses. You do the research. No need to make my point. Its beyond obvious. Plus the broncos, who have they played? Raider Tech, clevland state, and Dallas U, come on none of them teams are any good. After they are done playing FCS teams we will talk.
You are so out to lunch man. They have also played the Nati cats on the road and gave up 7 total points. How about the Pack vs the Nati cats at home how many points did the pack give up? Again, you show how far off the ship you really are with your comments.
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote