Blowout Cards Forums
Holiday Madness

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default SO much for the Steiner Coupon

Just got this email:

Thank you for your recent order on NFL, MLB, Gifts and Autographs from SteinerSports.com using the coupon code Yank909. We were happy to put together this special offer for Yankee Season Ticket holders. To finalize the processing of your order and get your items shipped promptly, please email us your Yankee Season Ticket Holder account number by October 9, 2009. Once we verify that account, we will send your order out directly.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 800-759-SCORE and have your sales order number and Season Ticket Holder account number available for quicker service.

Thanks again for your business!
raiderguy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

ouch......

-I do not send paypal payments as a gift, you pay your fee's and I will pay mine-
www.JLR0747.com
Twitter: @JLR0747
JLR0747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

yeah, i think we all knew it was too good to be true. Especially with people using it 5-6 times. If everyone used it once, maybe we'd have gotten away with it....
Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
ND3

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

did anyone else get this email??
Old 10-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Not yet, but they probably don't all go out at exactly the same moment. Like someone else said, too good to be true I guess..
Zacky1053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #7 (permalink)

The bigger issue is how they will handle the people that placed orders that don't have yankee season tickets. If they really wanted to be a-holes, they could drop the discount and still process the orders. I doubt they'd risk the kind of backlash that move would cause though, and just cancel all of those orders... but those of you that placed orders may want to just call them and cancel and say it was a misunderstanding.

http://www.sportlots.com/inven/invenbin/dealerpage.tpl?dealer=ohiomike
ohiomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

funny thing is on steiners website it still says it's approved. Oh well, better luck next time!!
Old 10-06-2009, 12:28 PM   #9 (permalink)

they have a 30 day return policy. If they just process the orders, they'll just get a crap load of returns. they won't go through that hastle.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
funny thing is on steiners website it still says it's approved. Oh well, better luck next time!!
Well like I said, I'm pretty sure the "approved" only means that they were able to authorize your CC...nothing else.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
The bigger issue is how they will handle the people that placed orders that don't have yankee season tickets. If they really wanted to be a-holes, they could drop the discount and still process the orders. I doubt they'd risk the kind of backlash that move would cause though, and just cancel all of those orders... but those of you that placed orders may want to just call them and cancel and say it was a misunderstanding.
That's a good point. Instead of possibly waiting a couple more days with our money on hold wondering if our order will somehow slide through.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #12 (permalink)

Wouldn't everything be approved until you verify you either are or are not a Yankees season ticket holder?

Was this on their website that it was only for Yankees season ticket holders? Even so, can they discriminate buyers in this way? After all, do people buy Yankees season tickets from them?

It will be interesting to see where this is headed.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:38 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

They are not allowed to charge anything more on your CCs than the amount you agreed to in placing your order without consent.

They did a very lazy job with this promotion and really are doing a lazier way of trying to get around it. If they needed season ticket holder numbers prior to processing the order, nobody's account should have been charged or processed.
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:39 PM   #14 (permalink)

"Technically" from what I saw an order is approved just as long as your CC is verified and the item is available. But like another said, the order is not "Official" until it ships and the CC is charged, not just authorized for the amount.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
If they needed season ticket holder numbers prior to processing the order, nobody's account should have been charged or processed.
Spot on...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)

Seriously though, how could Steiner not have known this would be leaked on the web. They got what they deserved for discriminating for Yankee fans. They've never given me anything for being a Raider fan, and I've ordered plenty of their (OVERPRICED!!!) material before.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:42 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinkwraith View Post
They are not allowed to charge anything more on your CCs than the amount you agreed to in placing your order without consent.

They did a very lazy job with this promotion and really are doing a lazier way of trying to get around it. If they needed season ticket holder numbers prior to processing the order, nobody's account should have been charged or processed.
I'm sure that the code was leaked and they had no anticipation for this happening.

The billing procedure is pretty standard. eTopps does the same thing. You place an order for an IPO on a RC and order four of them at $7/card and are only allocated one, they still put a hold of $28 dollars on your account and charge you only $7 when it's all said and done.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #18 (permalink)

this has happened countless times before with online retailers over the last decade. rather than give out unique, one-time-use coupon codes to each individual that they intended the discount for, they give out a generic code that leaks to hundreds of other sites, forums and blogs and they get overwhelmed with orders that eventually get cancelled.

your credit cards were authorized, not charged. the authorization will go away in a few days. you won't be charged anything, not the full, pre-coupon amount, not the discounted amount, nothing. after the october 9th deadline to verify your eligibility, the orders will be cancelled. but i'm sure they'll spam you endlessly now that they have your info
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

Well of course...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #20 (permalink)

No e-mail here yet...but doubt mine will slip through.

HOF Auto needs (277/287): www.freewebs.com/wju2004 (Needs heavy updating.)
wju2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wju2004 View Post
No e-mail here yet...but doubt mine will slip through.
In the same boat. Like brad said, all the orders will probably cancel after the 9th...that gives everyone a legit chance to give their ticker holder # if they actually have one.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:47 PM   #22 (permalink)

I'm still wondering if they can actually do this and get away with it since all you had to do was simply enter the discount code. I didn't order anything, but I'm interested to see how they can now get away with turning everyone down that's not a Yankees season ticket holder. If that was not disclosed somewhere, I think they have to honor everyone's order, or cancel them all...including the Yankee season ticket holders.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:50 PM   #23 (permalink)

That's weird though, you'd think they'd run a query showing who used the code, display the emails associated with the results, and do a mass email to everyone who used the code at the same time....
Old 10-06-2009, 12:52 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderguy10 View Post
That's weird though, you'd think they'd run a query showing who used the code, display the emails associated with the results, and do a mass email to everyone who used the code at the same time....
Or like I said, put a notification on their website for everyone to see...
Old 10-06-2009, 12:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned

All they had to do was put up a seperate "Enter season ticket holder number" pop up box on their site if you entered the discount code. But they were too lazy to even do that or run the promotion correctly. It's their problem.

We'll see, guess there is always the NY BBB if they fail to honor a sales agreement..
Rinkwraith is offline   Reply With Quote