Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Front Page (card ed)

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2012, 02:51 PM   #51 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azviking101 View Post
6 points allowed to the Texans. 23-14 Vikings
Packers offense is 300000000000000000 times better than the average at best Matt schaub and his offense.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #52 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Packers offense is 300000000000000000 times better than the average at best Matt schaub and his offense.
Texans have a better line and better RBs. Andre Johnson is better than any Packers WR IMO as well. Packers will be also in the dome, which is "300000000000000000" decibels.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Texans have a better line and better RBs. Andre Johnson is better than any Packers WR IMO as well. Packers will be also in the dome, which is "300000000000000000" decibels.
Vikings have zero wins against Green Bay since 2009... and 2009 was because Favre.

Just sayin'
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Member
 
peeweeherman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,211
Default

I dont think he will get the record,untill green bay just fumbles nonstop/int's.Great year,but he will be short about 50 yards.
__________________
I collect Peyton Manning and anything i can get for a low price Be sure to ban me on eBay cause I am stupid.Awarded the title Snookie of blowout.Grammer police love me,as I keep them very busy.
peeweeherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #55 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Vikings have zero wins against Green Bay since 2009... and 2009 was because Favre.

Just sayin'
Yes, and the Vikings have won 0 Superbowls...cheese-heads need to get some original material.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Yes, and the Vikings have won 0 Superbowls...cheese-heads need to get some original material.
LOL! What material do you want me to use? Green Bay is better than Minnesota this year and it has been that way for a while now. Come to terms with it.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
LOL! What material do you want me to use? Green Bay is better than Minnesota this year and it has been that way for a while now. Come to terms with it.
Here are some RELEVANT facts from this season (information which actually matters):
The Vikings Play at Home
The Vikings Play Drastically better at home
The Vikings have more to play for
The Packers eeked by in a win at home against the Vikings this season
The Vikings D looks stout right now
The Vikings actually have an O-Line
Adrian Peterson is the Best RB in FB and has a little extra motivation
The Packers gave up over 200 yards of rushing to AP
0 - the number of sacks on Christian Ponder
Ponder will likely make less mistakes than he did in Lambeau

Quit dusting off old news. Yes, the Vikings have been in rough shape for a couple seasons, but that's history. Can't you find anything better than to look into the past. It's the same song and dance from every cheese-head I meet. From what I've been seeing, the Vikings have a great shot at winning this game, regardless of who won a Superbowl or how Favre lost a step in 2010, or how many SBs the Packers have won. Next thing, you'll pull out some "all time versus" stats out.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:26 PM   #58 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
Umm, no, I would rather Peterson accomplish something that will stand for ALL TIME than have a playoff run that lasts one quarter of one game for one year.
I'm guessing #28 would disagree with this. Records get broken. Championships are what matter. I bet he'd trade away any personal records at a sliver of a chance at a championship.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #59 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Here are some RELEVANT facts from this season (information which actually matters):
The Vikings Play at Home
You can read a schedule. I thought maybe they were in Miami this time.

The Vikings Play Drastically better at home
Most teams are better at home, so good for you!

The Vikings have more to play for
Last time I checked, this isn't a fact. Who is to say that the #2 seed isn't just as important? Seems like a bye is pretty important to me, but still not a "fact"

The Packers eeked by in a win at home against the Vikings this season
Last time I checked, a win is still a win. Sorry I missed the trophy for getting beat by slightly less points. I guess they give those out in Minnesota. Not sure if the team "eeked" is a fact... how many points is "eeked"?

The Vikings D looks stout right now
Not sure if "stout" can be constituted as "fact". Define what "stout" means?

The Vikings actually have an O-Line
I guess that would be a fact. They do, indeed, have an O-Line. 5 guys in front of the QB? Yep, that is an O-Line.

Adrian Peterson is the Best RB in FB and has a little extra motivation
Once again, "best" is a subjective term and can't be called fact. While I would consider AP to the be the best, it still doesn't make it fact.

The Packers gave up over 200 yards of rushing to AP
Hey look! A fact with numbers! Woah!

0 - the number of sacks on Christian Ponder
No Clay Matthews in the first meeting, but congrats on not getting sacked when our best pass rusher was out.

Ponder will likely make less mistakes than he did in Lambeau
Once again, not a fact, but it did make a nice joke

Quit dusting off old news. Yes, the Vikings have been in rough shape for a couple seasons, but that's history. Can't you find anything better than to look into the past. It's the same song and dance from every cheese-head I meet. From what I've been seeing, the Vikings have a great shot at winning this game, regardless of who won a Superbowl or how Favre lost a step in 2010, or how many SBs the Packers have won. Next thing, you'll pull out some "all time versus" stats out.
Whoa, I got someone's purple panties in a bunch. I don't see a whole lot of facts in anything you posted above. I see a lot of words and "some" (one?) numbers to back them up.

Until Minnesota wins a game in recent memory, you can spout all the bull #@#@#@#@ you want like you did above, you still aren't winning games against Green Bay. Last year, year before, year before that... zero wins. You sound so bitter.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 12-25-2012 at 09:33 PM.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 PM   #60 (permalink)
Member
 
ninjacookies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: West Coast, formerly Mother Russia
Posts: 9,349
Default

Sorry minn. fans, I do not see you guys beating the Packers at all. Even if your playoff lives are at stake. Pack still have something to play for, and they haven't lost since forever.

However, I do hope AP gets the title, that would be great to see
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:53 PM   #61 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,775
Default

Packers are hot...a win here (as I'm expecting) and I think the NFC is in trouble.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:59 PM   #62 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Whoa, I got someone's purple panties in a bunch. I don't see a whole lot of facts in anything you posted above. I see a lot of words and "some" (one?) numbers to back them up.

Until Minnesota wins a game in recent memory, you can spout all the bull #@#@#@#@ you want like you did above, you still aren't winning games against Green Bay. Last year, year before, year before that... zero wins. You sound so bitter.
Everything on my list is relevant...everything you posted prior was regarding the previous 3+ season, which is irrelevent to the post discussion Week 17 of this season.

Not much BS in my thread...I'm just not going to argue with statements like the Packers are going to win because of old history.

At least some of your responses were "current" when you didn't get so hung up on the word "fact" being used rather than the statement being made.
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:00 PM   #63 (permalink)
Member
 
azviking101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
Packers are hot...a win here (as I'm expecting) and I think the NFC is in trouble.

So are the Vikings...

Vikings should have beat the Packers at Lambeau.

Vikings won't lose
__________________
Coo loo coo coo coo coo coo coo!
Vikings, Twins, MLB & NFL vets & HOF
Trade Bucket- http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/azviking101/library/Trade%20Bucket?sort=2&page=1
azviking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #64 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,775
Default

If any of you Vikings fans are as confident as you seem, I have a Michael Jenkins Chicle Auto (lame, I know, but the only low-end Vikings hit I have) that says Green Bay wins, straight across.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #65 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Everything on my list is relevant...everything you posted prior was regarding the previous 3+ season, which is irrelevent to the post discussion Week 17 of this season.

Not much BS in my thread...I'm just not going to argue with statements like the Packers are going to win because of old history.

At least some of your responses were "current" when you didn't get so hung up on the word "fact" being used rather than the statement being made.
Here is my fact list:
Packers beat the Vikings already this season

That is all that matters. Keep listing misc stats and other "useful" information. It doesn't change the fact that the Vikings lost. Not sure how else you can extrapolate any of that other information to a win that doesn't exist... but good luck with that!
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #66 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by azviking101 View Post
So are the Vikings...

Vikings should have beat the Packers at Lambeau.

Vikings won't lose
So what excuses do you have? Obviously there are excuses for why they lost.

Shoulda woulda coulda... damn guys!
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #67 (permalink)
Member
 
Chaddie84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Fargo, ND
Posts: 6,311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Here is my fact list:
Packers beat the Vikings already this season

That is all that matters. Keep listing misc stats and other "useful" information. It doesn't change the fact that the Vikings lost. Not sure how else you can extrapolate any of that other information to a win that doesn't exist... but good luck with that!
Flawed logic. The Packers lost to the 49ers and Saints, so they WILL lose to them if they face them in the playoffs.

Vikings Beat 49ers
49ers Beat Packers
Packers Beat Vikings

Mind blown?
__________________
COMC Prices Dropped and Auto-Accept set to 20%!
Chaddie84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:36 PM   #68 (permalink)
Member
 
lambeauleap87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 10,775
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Flawed logic. The Packers lost to the 49ers and Saints, so they WILL lose to them if they face them in the playoffs.

Vikings Beat 49ers
49ers Beat Packers
Packers Beat Vikings

Mind blown?
Typically, that would be "fun" logic when comparing teams like that...except for when one team already beat the other team.
__________________
"Opening Day is coming soon, and even Obama can't take that away."
Actively Looking For Jose Ramirez Cards/Memorabilia
I collect Packers, former Ohio State Buckeyes, Blue Jackets, and Indians.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #69 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Flawed logic. The Packers lost to the 49ers and Saints, so they WILL lose to them if they face them in the playoffs.

Vikings Beat 49ers
49ers Beat Packers
Packers Beat Vikings

Mind blown?
Actually, Packers beat the Saints. I am not saying the Vikings WILL lose, but recent history (including a game a few weeks ago) suggests that they will. Could they win? Sure. Are the odds stacked against them? Yes.

And like Lambeau said, this logic doesn't work if there was already a head to head game to use.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"

Last edited by freethrowtommy; 12-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:45 PM   #70 (permalink)
Inactive Account
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 802
Default

Go Giants.
Go Green Bay.
Go Detroit.
Go Deadskins.
robertr1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:03 AM   #71 (permalink)
Member
 
gergs1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,986
Default

I love it that Packer fans can't see that their team is flawed. The 9/10 wins is not as impressive when you look at the overall competition. Houston win, big win. Giants Loss, big loss. Rams, Jaguars, Cardinals, Titans, Vikes at home, Lions twice, Bears in struggle mode does not make me real impressed. Most of them were pretty tight games to the end as well. But a win is a win, right?

When the Packers lose, the first tear will be shed regarding injuries, the second will be about officiating. Then you will start throwing out the Super Bowl speech. It never changes with most of you.

Your team is not God's gift to football and will be lucky to make it to the second round of the playoffs.

And good luck on Sunday.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:10 AM   #72 (permalink)
Member
 
freethrowtommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 21,244
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
I love it that Packer fans can't see that their team is flawed. The 9/10 wins is not as impressive when you look at the overall competition. Houston win, big win. Giants Loss, big loss. Rams, Jaguars, Cardinals, Titans, Vikes at home, Lions twice, Bears in struggle mode does not make me real impressed. Most of them were pretty tight games to the end as well. But a win is a win, right?

When the Packers lose, the first tear will be shed regarding injuries, the second will be about officiating. Then you will start throwing out the Super Bowl speech. It never changes with most of you.

Your team is not God's gift to football and will be lucky to make it to the second round of the playoffs.

And good luck on Sunday.
Nobody said, nor do I believe that any of the GB fans on this board say, the Packers aren't flawed... they are just less flawed than the Vikings and that is all that matters.

You are reading confidence in the Packers as delusion that they can't be beaten, and you are wrong. I was one of the first to say I thought they would get beaten by the Texans and the Giants, because they are both dangerous teams. The Vikings aren't scary, thus us fans have more confidence in a win.

So keep acting like Packers fans all pull the same card because you feel sorry for your team always coming up short.
__________________
Jordy Nelson PC: http://tinyurl.com/nelson87
Aaron Rodgers PC: http://tinyurl.com/rodgers12
"I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong"
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 AM   #73 (permalink)
Member
 
azviking101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 789
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
If any of you Vikings fans are as confident as you seem, I have a Michael Jenkins Chicle Auto (lame, I know, but the only low-end Vikings hit I have) that says Green Bay wins, straight across.
I will take that bet. If GB wins, you get a Jerel Worthy Strata auto /99 (I think)
__________________
Coo loo coo coo coo coo coo coo!
Vikings, Twins, MLB & NFL vets & HOF
Trade Bucket- http://s1340.photobucket.com/user/azviking101/library/Trade%20Bucket?sort=2&page=1
azviking101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:31 AM   #74 (permalink)
Member
 
gergs1134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
Nobody said, nor do I believe that any of the GB fans on this board say, the Packers aren't flawed... they are just less flawed than the Vikings and that is all that matters.
You are reading confidence in the Packers as delusion that they can't be beaten, and you are wrong. I was one of the first to say I thought they would get beaten by the Texans and the Giants, because they are both dangerous teams. The Vikings aren't scary, thus us fans have more confidence in a win.
So keep acting like Packers fans all pull the same card because you feel sorry for your team always coming up short.
Bold #1: Opinion.

Bold #2: Thank you for speaking for all Packers fans. I always thought you guys shared one brain and you just confirmed it.

Bold #3: I think you and I define scary a different way.

Bold #4: Same old same old from the Packers faithful.

Win or lose it has been a successful season for the Vikings. 3-13 to over .500 and Peterson healthy is all I wanted to see. Beating the Packers to get into the playoffs will just be icing on the cake.
gergs1134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 AM   #75 (permalink)
Member
 
mnvikingstwins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Land of 11,842 lakes
Posts: 28,915
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gergs1134 View Post
Bold #1: Opinion.

Bold #2: Thank you for speaking for all Packers fans. I always thought you guys shared one brain and you just confirmed it.

Bold #3: I think you and I define scary a different way.

Bold #4: Same old same old from the Packers faithful.

Win or lose it has been a successful season for the Vikings. 3-13 to over .500 and Peterson healthy is all I wanted to see. Beating the Packers to get into the playoffs will just be icing on the cake.
One brain might be stretching it. Keep in mind, they are Packers fans and most live in Wisconsin.
__________________
121 plate autos so far: photobucket.com/plateautographs #BoLieve #$9.99 #WeThePeople #BetterDeadThanRed #SuplexRepeat
Collect Ra'Shede Hageman, Trevor Plouffe, Kennys Vargas, Twins Printing Plates
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright © 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.