Blowout Cards Forums
Metro Sports Cards

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #26 (permalink)

Love the $1.95 shipping; centering should've been a 9.

Last edited by brose61; 12-29-2012 at 10:42 PM.
brose61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:52 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankhoover View Post
well it looks like i'm probably not going to get this card...seller got an offer of 8500.
8500? You have to be kidding me. His hype has worn off to the point where 8500 is 2K above where it should be.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
deltapi1049 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #28 (permalink)
Banned

Relisted as a 10 day auction. Here is your chance buddy
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 PM   #29 (permalink)

Wow, I remember this card well, because it was pulled from my fav LCS here in Phoenix, AZ (Phoenix Card Co-op). ANd yeah, the original sale was somewhere around $7,500 or so. Which, now, was an amazing sell considering what has happened to his value since
WalterAZ31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deltapi1049 View Post
8500? You have to be kidding me. His hype has worn off to the point where 8500 is 2K above where it should be.
That's what the seller told me and I believe him. I didn't think it would go that high either. I needed a little more $ but couldn't do it in time

Last edited by frankhoover; 12-29-2012 at 11:00 PM.
frankhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:57 PM   #31 (permalink)

Thank you Chaz for the heads up

Last edited by frankhoover; 12-29-2012 at 11:07 PM.
frankhoover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:36 PM   #32 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If this

2011 Topps Chrome Superfractor Blaine Gabbert Auto 1 1 BGS 9 BGS 9 5 Rainbow | eBay

sold for $2,300 than the Cam is easily worth $8,500!
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
If this

2011 Topps Chrome Superfractor Blaine Gabbert Auto 1 1 BGS 9 BGS 9 5 Rainbow | eBay

Its incredible what people will do for these cards. The on card autographs make them the most valuable cards of the year.

My Cordarrelle Patterson Collection: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/Gellman/a/cordarrelle-patterson
Old 12-29-2012, 11:52 PM   #34 (permalink)

That was mine and it was for the rainbow.

Quote:
If this

Old 12-30-2012, 12:01 AM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Its incredible what people will do for these cards. The on card autographs make them the most valuable cards of the year.
No. NT shield autos are the most valuable cards of the year.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:14 AM   #36 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
If this

^^^^^that is his entire rainbow, member few posts up sold that...click on it and you will see there are like 10 cards

and the cam is maybe worth 5-6k right now....8,500 is a joke, you do not get that kind of offer then run it to auction....total BS trying to inflate the value...and he is selling it at quite possibly the worst time of the year as well...
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 AM   #37 (permalink)

Wow this would be a nice PC card. I think he will be a stud for years to come and once he leaves the panthers he will be good to go.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:07 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjacookies View Post
No. NT shield autos are the most valuable cards of the year.
I dont think so. The Chrome super autos have outsold the NT shields as a rule for the big rookies. There might be an exception here and there.

Old 12-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhacksPacks View Post
Haha I still like you though so it's all good
Hope you've had a good holiday.

Sure wish we could get the ole monthly break group back together with brian, minus the drama
For sure dude, I seriously miss the old group. Ah well, I hope ur holidays have been blessed!
Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
I dont think so. The Chrome super autos have outsold the NT shields as a rule for the big rookies. There might be an exception here and there.
Sigh.

This debate again. You have it the other way around. NT shield outsells the chrome counterpart, but the rare exception occurs.

Show me examples, because we're clearly living in separate worlds. And I'm pretty darn sure the Cam NT logo shield would bring in more than $10k, even now.

Cam's base RPA's with bland patches were selling for ~$1.2k during his peak, and his platinum rpa's around 4-5k. His chrome gold autos /10 were selling for around $1.5k and reds for around $3k during that same period.

I'm just trying to see your logic.

Last edited by ninjacookies; 12-30-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Sigh.

This debate again. You have it the other way around. NT shield outsells the chrome counterpart, but the rare exception occurs.

Show me examples, because we're clearly living in separate worlds. And I'm pretty darn sure the Cam NT logo shield would bring in more than $10k, even now.

Cam's base RPA's with bland patches were selling for ~$1.2k during his peak, and his platinum rpa's around 4-5k. His chrome gold autos /10 were selling for around $1.5k and reds for around $3k during that same period.

I'm just trying to see your logic.
haha, 4-5k

Cam Newton 2011 Playoff National Treasures RC Auto Jersey Patch 4 5 | eBay

rather have the chrome super myself...there are tons of shields in products these days...used to be only handful had them, now 15-20 whatever...even absolute has a non auto /5, that is Fn stupid and waters down the NFL SHIELD...

Plus this year has the "we ruined them" NIKE NFL shields which suck royally. so if NT puts the cloth ones in you know it did not come off a new NIKE jsy

i like both and would buy both, but feel i would pay more for a super vs NT logo

Last edited by Razorsharp79; 12-30-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:07 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:

But yes, his stuff has obviously dropped off quite a bit since then.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:17 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
But yes, his stuff has obviously dropped off quite a bit since then.
Over time the value of superfractor autos will reign supreme. Going off the way NT looks this year could be a disaster...and chrome design has been consistent since 2009 on the superfractor
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Over time the value of superfractor autos will reign supreme. Going off the way NT looks this year could be a disaster...and chrome design has been consistent since 2009 on the superfractor
I won't argue about design because supers are gorgeous (I've owned a few myself), but NT has always outsold the superfractor counterparts for every sport BUT baseball. Bowman chrome will always reign supreme in baseball.

I'm just waiting for anyone to post consistent examples of superfractors outselling their nt 1/1 rpa counterparts. I just don't see it.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #45 (permalink)

I would prefer the Chrome Superfractor.

"I'm just waiting for anyone to post consistent examples of superfractors outselling their nt 1/1 rpa counterparts."

I don't think that's a possible request. You would pretty much need 5-6 examples of both selling in ebay's short term history.
MeteoriteGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I won't argue about design because supers are gorgeous (I've owned a few myself), but NT has always outsold the superfractor counterparts for every sport BUT baseball. Bowman chrome will always reign supreme in baseball.

I'm just waiting for anyone to post consistent examples of superfractors outselling their nt 1/1 rpa counterparts. I just don't see it.
I think you are in the minority here, from what people are saying.

You keep asking people to provide examples, but the likelihood of both the Super and the 1/1 shield selling within the normal timeframe ebay allows us to see completed auctions is miniscule.

Because I remember researching the performance of both for my site, it was shocking to me that the Chrome supers outsold the 1/1 NT patches based on what I had seen. I was not expecting it either. Without spending hours going back through the documents I have, I cant provide examples, just like you cant either. If this was really that important to me, I would, but I am confident enough that I dont care to get into this circular argument again. You provide examples! NO YOU PROVIDE EXAMPLES. Cmon. I want a golden toilet to crap on, but that isnt available.

The issue is that the NT design was A) hideous and B) poorly composed with the space to sign being so small, collectors have latched onto the on card Superfractor autos and superiority complex (Chrome is king) from baseball.

I know you are as much of a Panini apologist as I am a Topps apologist, but you arent operating on what a few people have said here. If someone wants to go back and measure them with some tool I dont have, please do. I think you will be as surprised as I was.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

Im a chrome kinda guy. I like the NT's but my personal opinion is chrome
Old 12-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #48 (permalink)

Chrome is King!
Old 01-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #49 (permalink)
Banned

The high bidder t**m has ONLY 79 bid retractions in 6 months, and 20 in the last 30 days....nothing fishy there LMAO...he is putting chaser bids in left and right driving the price up, and it is simple to see this...if I were the seller on this card I would be watching every bidder like a hawk..and if I saw a guy with that many retractions he would be like a 0 feedback bidder to me and his bids cancelled...he will bail out before the 12 hour mark and leave others holding the bag if he is not outbid

Also, this card sold for 7,900 when he was TOP DOG...hype could not get any HIGHER...now he is back page news with RG3 and Luck being playoff bound.

His red refractor around that same time sold for 3,500 twice when his super brought 7900...there is one red /5 on ebay for 1,600 and has not sold for a week.

so if he was as hot as this auction is making him out to be why has his red not sold for half of what it was last time when his super is bringing nearly the same amount when he was the hottest guy on the planet...makes you wonder how dumb bidders can be if they think this auction is legit.

again just my two cents, disagree all you want...
Old 01-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
seriously how god awful are the shields going to be this year lol
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote