Blowout Cards Forums
Blaster Master

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Strata Rivet Mailday

LOVE this card, so badass looking

The only problem is that the corner with the rivet is badly dinged up, looks like it was dropped straight on the corner, I'm not happy about it not being in the description as there was another listed at the same time, and another has since sold. I wouldn't have paid this much for a damaged card, but I can't really send it back as who knows if/when the other 2 will show up and what they'll sell for

Is this a situation where it's okay to ask for a partial refund? I haven't asked for anything yet, just messaged the seller asking him why the damaged wasn't disclosed in the listing and that I wasn't happy

I hate to be that guy as nobody ever believes those people are being honest, what do you guys think?

zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Here's the best pics I could get on the damage, hard to get it to focus in that close on something

Old 01-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

As the buyer, I wouldn't request a partial refund, as it makes you look like you want something for nothing (I know you don't, but that's how it looks). I'd do as you did, message the seller, and see if he offers the partial.

As the seller, I'd be more than happy to offer a partial refund as opposed to getting the damaged card back. But then again, I'm probably one of the easier people to work with, as this "hobby" isn't life or death for me, as it seems to be for a lot of people.
tajikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajikey View Post
As the buyer, I wouldn't request a partial refund, as it makes you look like you want something for nothing (I know you don't, but that's how it looks). I'd do as you did, message the seller, and see if he offers the partial.

As the seller, I'd be more than happy to offer a partial refund as opposed to getting the damaged card back. But then again, I'm probably one of the easier people to work with, as this "hobby" isn't life or death for me, as it seems to be for a lot of people.
Yea, I'm not looking to get something for nothing, as push comes to shove, I'll just keep the card as I really wanted one and even after I bought this I still tried to pick up the other two but someone else got them.

I'm just upset as if the damage was disclosed, I'd have ignored this and gone after the other two harder than I did. I wouldn't have spent what I did on this card had I known about this damage, the pictures don't do it justice, looks much worse in person
Old 01-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

OH MY GOD!

You ask about a partial refund on nearly EVERY card you post here! If condition is that big of a deal to you, then buy every card IN PERSON so you can whip out the jeweler's lope and go to town.

You are a complete pain in the butt and I have blocked you from my auctions, I highly recommend that every one else as well.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
OH MY GOD!

You ask about a partial refund on nearly EVERY card you post here! If condition is that big of a deal to you, then buy every card IN PERSON so you can whip out the jeweler's lope and go to town.

You are a complete pain in the butt and I have blocked you from my auctions, I highly recommend that every one else as well.
Go find one other time I've asked about a partial refund, I challenge you to that, and I can do that with confidence because I know that I haven't before.

The only thing similar is when I got a card that wasn't the one pictured in the listing and I was upset because the one I got had a horrible auto. And I don't think I asked for a partial, just a refund and money for postage as I didn't even want it anymore

You just don't like me, so you think I do everything in the book of things people in this hobby do wrong

I don't care if you don't like me, but accusing me of asking for a partial on every card I post here when I have NEVER done that is out of line, now you're just trying to make me look bad because of your hatred of me.

Don't like me if you want, but don't go out of your way and make stuff up to make me look like a dishonest person

Last edited by zonacats8; 01-02-2013 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:22 PM   #7 (permalink)

That isn't especially dinged up from what I can see, though that is just my opinion from the pics. Thing is, condition is highly subjective so where is the line on what to disclose? Is this set known for condition issues as of yet? Not to attack you but it seems a bit nit-picky in this particular example.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
That isn't especially dinged up from what I can see, though that is just my opinion from the pics. Thing is, condition is highly subjective so where is the line on what to disclose? Is this set known for condition issues as of yet? Not to attack you but it seems a bit nit-picky in this particular example.
Like I said, the pictures don't show the damage well as I couldn't get close enough while allowing the camera to focus. The damage is significantly worse in person than in the pictures and the card was listed as NM/MNT unless otherwise stated

I think a badly dinged corner should be stated every time, it's not minor at all, this card was clearly dropped from a significant height and landed directly on the corner.

If this was to be graded It wouldn't get above an 8 because that corner would get at best a 7
Old 01-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

J-Stew Mailday - Pretty Pissed Off

Here's you whining about a $12 card and you get a refund. A $12 F-ing card of a sh!t player who has a sh!t signature. And you act like someone just lost your life savings on a hand of blackjack.

You are a pain and you're always crying about something. It's getting old and it's pathetic.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
Like I said, the pictures don't show the damage well as I couldn't get close enough while allowing the camera to focus. The damage is significantly worse in person than in the pictures and the card was listed as NM/MNT unless otherwise stated

I think a badly dinged corner should be stated every time, it's not minor at all, this card was clearly dropped from a significant height and landed directly on the corner.

If this was to be graded It wouldn't get above an 8 because that corner would get at best a 7
And it wasn't dropped for a "significant height". Topps QC is garbage and you should know that by now. Complete garbage, almost all Topps cards come out with some type of damage.

Nearly 5,000 posts in 18 months. Good God almighty.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
And it wasn't dropped for a "significant height". Topps QC is garbage and you should know that by now. Complete garbage, almost all Topps cards come out with some type of damage.

Nearly 5,000 posts in 18 months. Good God almighty.
Whether the seller or Topps was who amazed the card doesn't change the fact that it should have been disclosed in the listing
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
J-Stew Mailday - Pretty Pissed Off

Here's you whining about a $12 card and you get a refund. A $12 F-ing card of a sh!t player who has a sh!t signature. And you act like someone just lost your life savings on a hand of blackjack.

You are a pain and you're always crying about something. It's getting old and it's pathetic.
That was never about the money, it was 100% about the seller selling a card with a picture of a different card, was never about the condition and was never about the $12

You just don't like me and want to do anything you can to smear my name, go #@#@#@#@ yourself
Old 01-02-2013, 08:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Whether the seller or Topps was who amazed the card doesn't change the fact that it should have been disclosed in the listing
This is the exact reason that I never state condition in my auctions.

Buyer beware dude, you should've asked questions.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
That was never about the money, it was 100% about the seller selling a card with a picture of a different card, was never about the condition and was never about the $12

You just don't like me and want to do anything you can to smear my name, go #@#@#@#@ yourself
You're annoying and you're a nightmare buyer....always something wrong.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
This is the exact reason that I never state condition in my auctions.

Buyer beware dude, you should've asked questions.
Exactly why I don't state conditions either

Now if there is an issue with the card, I will ALWAYS state it and put a picture of the damage if I can get a clear one

But this card was listed as NM/MINT unless otherwise stated, so why would I then have to ask if there is damage

Do you message the seller on every card you're bidding on to make sure there isn't any damage that the seller didn't list? I'd imagine if they didn't put it in the listing, they wouldn't admit to other damage anyways
Old 01-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
The damage is significantly worse in person than in the pictures and the card was listed as NM/MNT unless otherwise stated

Like I said though, condition is highly subjective. There are bound to be discrepancies between your expectations of condition and disclosure, and those of others. Unless you are speaking from a position of authority or expertise on grading? I'm just trying to say that people will have different views on condition, and to impose your expectations on others comes off as a bit entitled given the subjectivity of the topic.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
You're annoying and you're a nightmare buyer....always something wrong.
How in the world am I a nightmare buyer?

I've returned one card in my entire life in the hobby, just one, and it was because I wasn't sent the card pictured in the listing and it was never stated that he was using a stock photo

I'd say I've never asked for a partial refund, but after doing some searches, I realized that's not completely true. I had an issue on here with a seller not disclosing pen marks on the side of a card, me and the seller worked it out and no refund was given, but one low value extra card was sent as we both knew I'd have asked for more in the trade if that was disclosed

Now go and find me another example of how I'm a nightmare buyer, I'd like to think my 300 positive feedback @ 100% from here and eBay speak for itself.

Last edited by zonacats8; 01-02-2013 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Old 01-02-2013, 08:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

These cards aren't like inception or paninini black where we all know about the edge issues on the black cards. I see the damage and something like this should be disclosed but not always is. I bet when it was being packed out an employee was like cool this card folds out oops dropped it on the floor and put it in the pack anyways.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:06 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt_1985_2004 View Post
Get da popcorn poppin dawg
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 PM   #21 (permalink)

You're not a nightmare buyer.
Go look at what madbacker has to say in all of his posts.
They are all centered around the same premise as what he is doing here.
He lives in an alternate universe where he and his opinion carry some merit.

He takes the most mundane of posts and tries to somehow blow it out of proportion and interject his opinion as if it carries some weight and should be heard.
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
You're not a nightmare buyer.
Go look at what madbacker has to say in all of his posts.
They are all centered around the same premise as what he is doing here.
He lives in an alternate universe where he and his opinion carry some merit.

He takes the most mundane of posts and tries to somehow blow it out of proportion and interject his opinion as if it carries some weight and should be heard.
A bit of advice, numerous newbies have tried to "put me in my place" and they've all failed. You're welcome to try but I care nothing about you or your opinions. Just know that.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

Not a newbie brother.
Quit reading off your cue cards over there
Those lines need to be recycled.
Get your team together, write up some new lines and get back with me.
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Yeah man I'd be pretty pissed about a mangled corner that's not described. This Madbacker guy is always making stupid posts to cause drama. He might be a chick
rauchand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #25 (permalink)

The seller offered me a full refund if I sent it back, I told him that I wasn't interested in sending it back for a full refund as I really wanted this card and I had no idea if/when another would show up as 3 of the 5 have already sold.

He then appologized and said how he didn't see the damage (which I'm still not 100% sure if that's possible as it's the first thing I noticed when I opened it) and that he felt bad. He then immediately sent me another message saying he wanted to fix it and asked how much I wanted back in a partial refund.

At that point, I was just happy that he was trying to fix it and as I told him, as a seller on ebay I know all about people who claim damage just to get some money back. I said I didn't even want anything back as the way he handled it was good enough for me as it was never about the money, but that it wasn't accurately described in the listing.

He still then went in and sent me back well more than even I would have asked for had I decided I wanted a partial.

So I'm pretty happy about that (still would rather have an undamaged card than the money) but I'll take it and use it towards a nice PC purchase