Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 01:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default This might be a crazy idea, but does anybody else think this would be effective?

Hey all!

I don't watch college football at all really, however my friend is a huge Michigan fan. He just recently gave me the overview of Denard Robinson, and apparently he's a freakish athlete who can play QB/WR/RB/KR.

Apparently he's faster than RG3 too

So, here's a crazy idea I just thought up:

Similar to how the Redskins run that pistol formation on offense, what if the Eagles (with whatever new coach they have next year) ran a similar offense?

Imagine this:

The Eagles draft Denard Robinson (whenever they can) and keep Vick in Philly.

Vick stands in the shotgun with Denard on his left and LeSean on his right.

All 3 of those players are great run threats, and Denard and Vick can pass as well.

Because of this formation, they will be capable of establishing a great run game just as the Redskins have.

However, they still have Maclin and DeSean Jackson out at WR.

Personally, I feel like DeSean Jackson's speed has been underutilized, and he should be able to make more big plays than he has recently.

So, I feel like this formation will not only develop a deadly run game, but the play action plays will be money as well, and DeSean can become an outstanding option going deep on play action plays.

Not sure if that makes sense to anybody, however does that sound like an effective strategy to anybody else?

Just wondering!
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
Hey all!

I don't watch college football at all really, however my friend is a huge Michigan fan. He just recently gave me the overview of Denard Robinson, and apparently he's a freakish athlete who can play QB/WR/RB/KR.

Apparently he's faster than RG3 too

So, here's a crazy idea I just thought up:

Similar to how the Redskins run that pistol formation on offense, what if the Eagles (with whatever new coach they have next year) ran a similar offense?

Imagine this:

The Eagles draft Denard Robinson (whenever they can) and keep Vick in Philly.

Vick stands in the shotgun with Denard on his left and LeSean on his right.

All 3 of those players are great run threats, and Denard and Vick can pass as well.

Because of this formation, they will be capable of establishing a great run game just as the Redskins have.

However, they still have Maclin and DeSean Jackson out at WR.

Personally, I feel like DeSean Jackson's speed has been underutilized, and he should be able to make more big plays than he has recently.

So, I feel like this formation will not only develop a deadly run game, but the play action plays will be money as well, and DeSean can become an outstanding option going deep on play action plays.

Not sure if that makes sense to anybody, however does that sound like an effective strategy to anybody else?

Just wondering!
I mean, its an idea. If ran correctly it could work. But I would not trust Denard throwing in the NFL, I barely trusted him throwing in college. I think he will be drafted as a Kick and Punt Returner who gets in several plays a game at either a running back or a slot.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Denard will be a nice Josh Cribbs.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:42 AM   #4 (permalink)

Denard will be nothing more than special teams player.

He will never be taking snaps as an NFL quarterback. His accuracy is so poor, even in the NCAA.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:44 AM   #5 (permalink)

My friend told me he will be going into the draft technically was a WR? Apparently that's where he has his best shot. He must be a great athlete if he doesn't even play WR and is still ranked #8 at the position...
lagalaxyfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:48 AM   #6 (permalink)

They'd be much better off with Foles leading a mid-range passing attack similar to what Luck is doing in Indy.

But unlike Indy, they'd have a running game.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

I've wanted a wishbone for the Vikes with Webb, Gerhart or now Felton at FB, Peterson and Harvin/Wright on the other wing, Rudolph at TE, Simpson wide. Gives a lot of versatility.
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Wow, this guy can run 100 meters in 10.4 seconds, with his shoes UNTIED!!! Now that's a freak there, and his nickname is "SHOELACE"...lmfao...
SKCardCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 06:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

I think the one thing that we loose sight of is the fact that this is the NFL. While the pistol may be enjoying some success now, these guys on defense get paid too. DC's will adjust, schemes will be devised and the pistol will go the way of the wildcat....just a gimmick. That's why I think Luck will ultimately be the next Peyton/Brady, not Wilson or RG3. It has nothing to do with the fact the they are not phenomenal qb's... More to do with the fact that neither will be healthy enough through the years. Just my opinion..
Old 01-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

i hope denard does well but unless some team really works with him, he probably is only going to be a slot wr or returner. as for the full house pistol, nfl teams have always adjusted so it might not last too much longer. and a wishbone would most likely not work in the nfl with the overall speed of the players.
CBlue is offline   Reply With Quote