Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:40 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but I saw a mock draft from today I believe that had the Bears taking Long also........

But it was in the 2nd round

Not many guys had him high on the board and I find it hard to believe the Bears couldn't have traded their 20th pick to someone for an early second and 4th round pick where they could have still gotten Long, but then had an extra pick as well.
I had him going to the Seahawks at 56 in the second. Hes way too raw to be an impact starter now, and there is no way they should have wasted their 1st round on him.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 AM   #102 (permalink)

Mike Mayock has Long as the 29th rated player on his board.

Charlie Casserly has Long as a first round talent.

Mel Kiper had Long mocked to us two weeks ago.

Greg Cosell had Long as a first round talent with the potential to be the best LT in the draft 5 years from now.

Once again, I think the experts know what they're doing and know much more then we do about the situation. Ogletree was raw as well, and Williams and Andersok will do very good for us.

I don't get Bears fans sometimes. We've all been crying and complaining for offensive line help for years. when we focus on it so much on one offseason, and pick a prospect who could be one of the best linemen in this draft if coached well, they complain. Some bears fans will never be happy I guess.

I guarantee he starts day one, and develops to our best guard and second best lineman by the end of the season, and I will bet anyone on that.

I guarantee you Jay Cutler is sitting at home right now with a big smile on his face, and that is much more important then a smile on our faces.

Last edited by mmkyszka; 04-26-2013 at 09:23 AM.
mmkyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #103 (permalink)

Raw ( Kyle Long) is okay. Anything to help that terrible line out so Cutler can get the ball to Marshall
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #104 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
Mike Mayock has Long as the 29th rated player on his board.

Charlie Casserly has Long as a first round talent.

Mel Kiper had Long mocked to us two weeks ago.

Greg Cosell had Long as a first round talent with the potential to be the best LT in the draft 5 years from now.

Once again, I think the experts know what they're doing and know much more then we do about the situation. Ogletree was raw as well, and Williams and Andersok will do very good for us.

I don't get Bears fans sometimes. We've all been crying and complaining for offensive line help for years. when we focus on it so much on one offseason, and pick a prospect who could be one of the best linemen in this draft if coached well, they complain. Some bears fans will never be happy I guess.

I guarantee he starts day one, and develops to our best guard and second best lineman by the end of the season, and I will bet anyone on that.

I guarantee you Jay Cutler is sitting at home right now with a big smile on his face, and that is much more important then a smile on our faces.
No offense man, but don't be stupid.

I'm not complaining they took an o-lineman. I'm glad they did. I just think they could have done something to get another draft pick and still get him.

Reminds me of when they drafted Garrett wolf in like the 3rd round when they could have gotten him in the 4th or 5th
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
No offense man, but don't be stupid.

I'm not complaining they took an o-lineman. I'm glad they did. I just think they could have done something to get another draft pick and still get him.

Reminds me of when they drafted Garrett wolf in like the 3rd round when they could have gotten him in the 4th or 5th

I'm not being stupid at all. Emery got exactly the type of player he loves. An insane athlete of an offensive lineman. With the new played we will probably doing alot if plays where the guard needs to come off and block down the field.

Just because the fans aren't happy, doesn't mean it is a bad pick at all. Our line is leaps and bounds better then it was for the past few years

We have been preaching for Oline help for years and yet no one is happy. If they feel happy and excited about him, then we should be happy as well.

Now if us know what type of offense we are running this year so who are we to say what's best for the team at this point.

There's a reason the people making our picks are in the NFL and the rest of us are sitting at home on our couch eating funyons.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:00 PM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not being stupid at all. Emery got exactly the type of player he loves. An insane athlete of an offensive lineman. With the new played we will probably doing alot if plays where the guard needs to come off and block down the field.

Just because the fans aren't happy, doesn't mean it is a bad pick at all. Our line is leaps and bounds better then it was for the past few years

We have been preaching for Oline help for years and yet no one is happy. If they feel happy and excited about him, then we should be happy as well.

Now if us know what type of offense we are running this year so who are we to say what's best for the team at this point.

There's a reason the people making our picks are in the NFL and the rest of us are sitting at home on our couch eating funyons.
All Im saying is they could have gotten him later, and still gotten ogletree in the first.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #107 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
All Im saying is they could have gotten him later, and still gotten ogletree in the first.
He would not have gotten to us,let alone out of the first round. I think Dallas would have taken him if he fell to them.

Ogletree is raw and needs just as much work as Long. I think we are in better shape this coming season then last year.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #108 (permalink)

Ogletree would have been the better pick for them at that spot, without a doubt. Will not be surprised one bit if this is Marc Colombo 2.0
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:19 PM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
He would not have gotten to us,let alone out of the first round. I think Dallas would have taken him if he fell to them.

Ogletree is raw and needs just as much work as Long. I think we are in better shape this coming season then last year.
I agree with this. Go ahead and take the player you want in the position thats really getting taken fast. Linebacker is still pretty deep and they can get a nice player with their next pick.

Yes they couldve tried to gamble and trade back to pick up a pick. However then they could miss they guy they want most and end up with another project at Tackle(without the bloodlines) and a troublesome alex ogletree. And ogletree wasnt a guarantee depending on where the traded back to.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestyle View Post
Ogletree would have been the better pick for them at that spot, without a doubt. Will not be surprised one bit if this is Marc Colombo 2.0
Oh no, not Colombo. I agree though, this offense is so far from being potent, we need to keep the defense elite, and ogletree would have done that.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:23 PM   #111 (permalink)

Ill tell you what, If they get brown my opinion on this draft will change, as they will have addressed both of their biggest needs.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh no, not Colombo. I agree though, this offense is so far from being potent, we need to keep the defense elite, and ogletree would have done that.
Okay, but then what do they have to look forward to at O-Line. Menelik Watson???? Nah, i stick with O-Line first. Second round they can possibly get one of these guys at linebacker. Looking closer at whats left, Menelik Watson wont even be there at their next pick since hes the next rated Tackle.

1. Manti Teo (one bad Game)
2. Kevin Minter (LSU)
3. Arthur Brown (K State Beast)
Old 04-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Ill tell you what, If they get brown my opinion on this draft will change, as they will have addressed both of their biggest needs.
My dream to happen, is to somehow trade for a third as well.

Then Brown or Minter in the 2nd, and then Escobar in the third.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:32 PM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
My dream to happen, is to somehow trade for a third as well.

Then Brown or Minter in the 2nd, and then Escobar in the third.
Agreed, there we're back in agreement, lets keep it that way.
Old 04-26-2013, 02:37 PM   #115 (permalink)

Okay, we all agree. You would think i was Bears fan and not a Niner, LOL
Old 04-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #116 (permalink)

I'm Really hoping for brown tonight! If they can get him, we will fill our 2 main spots we need in 2 rounds.
bhavr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #117 (permalink)
Banned

I mean surely a guy who played, what, 6 college games will not be an nfl ready prospect.

This guy might be good down the road, but he's a project and I doubt he'll play much this season
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM   #118 (permalink)

The Newest Chicago Bear!!!

2013 Bears Coaching Hunt and Offseason.-com_120723_mdirocco_jbostic_120725.jpg
Old 04-26-2013, 08:10 PM   #119 (permalink)

Very happy with that pick!
thestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #120 (permalink)

Was hoping for Brown as well, but hopefully Bostic can get it done

http://sportscardalbum.com/u/dabears1985/a/for-sale
DaBears 1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears 1985 View Post
Was hoping for Brown as well, but hopefully Bostic can get it done
I wanted Brown, But I like Bostic, no unhappiness here.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 PM   #122 (permalink)

I actually had Bostic Going To the Giants the Pick before us and then Brown going to us, so I am certainly ok with getting him. My question is, will he start?
Old 04-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #123 (permalink)

Liking both picks so far very much.

Its obvious that Emery loves picking athletes that are more development players with huge ceilings.

Im hoping for either C or CB in the fourth. Would be fine with a speedy slot receiver if one fell as well.
Old 04-26-2013, 10:40 PM   #124 (permalink)

Pretty happy with the draft so far. Once again we reached in the first round (hoping that doesn't become a habit) but not a bad pick up.

I'm more so upset with how few of picks we have! I think that hurts more than anything because the ones we do make really have to count. It would of been nice to have an extra pick in the second or third to take the BPA rather than draft for need.
King23dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 10:42 PM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
Liking both picks so far very much.

Its obvious that Emery loves picking athletes that are more development players with huge ceilings.

Im hoping for either C or CB in the fourth. Would be fine with a speedy slot receiver if one fell as well.
A solid Back up QB should be avaliable as well, as Barkley and Nassib among others made it through the 3rd.