Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Shipping to APO (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/426931-shipping-apo.html)

mr10pin 01-06-2013 02:58 PM

Shipping to APO

So...sold a card for $250+ on eBay and the buyer's address is an APO. Since I can't get Signature Confirmation on this, am I completely opening myself up for an INR claim that I would lose?

Buyer's feedback is 21 (100%), with another $250+ purchase a few weeks ago where positives have been left both ways. Has been paid for, but I'm just a little nervous...any advice?

Address is confirmed...

smackvay 01-06-2013 03:00 PM

should be fine

pierrethomasfan 01-06-2013 03:01 PM

I believe you can fill out a customs form/slip or get another type of insurance

mmbtvs 01-06-2013 03:07 PM

I shipped a high dollar card to an APO once and got screwed. I would suggest talking to your local post office about your options.

hugh 01-06-2013 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=mr10pin;3967191]So...sold a card for $250+ on eBay and the buyer's address is an APO. Since I can't get Signature Confirmation on this, am I completely opening myself up for an INR claim that I would lose?

Buyer's feedback is 21 (100%), with another $250+ purchase a few weeks ago where positives have been left both ways. Has been paid for, but I'm just a little nervous...any advice?

Address is confirmed...[/QUOTE]

who said you can't get signature confirmation? I live at an APO and people send cards to me (including Panini) with sig conf all the time

mr10pin 01-06-2013 04:41 PM

[QUOTE=hugh;3967850]who said you can't get signature confirmation? I live at an APO and people send cards to me (including Panini) with sig conf all the time[/QUOTE]

Thought I saw on USPS website that Signature Confirmation wasn't available to APO. You receive via USPS with Signature Confirmation?

hugh 01-07-2013 03:44 AM

[QUOTE=mr10pin;3968160]Thought I saw on USPS website that Signature Confirmation wasn't available to APO. You receive via USPS with Signature Confirmation?[/QUOTE]

yes, I have many times

Trueduckfan 01-07-2013 03:47 AM

APO address is basically a service member right? If so, Im pretty sure they are mostly all legit. I wouldnt second guess them. Ive sent plenty of items to APO address' and was alwasy a pleasure doing so.

hugh 01-07-2013 04:26 AM

[QUOTE=Trueduckfan;3973408]APO address is basically a service member right? If so, Im pretty sure they are mostly all legit. I wouldnt second guess them. Ive sent plenty of items to APO address' and was alwasy a pleasure doing so.[/QUOTE]

a service member, U.S. contractor, or federal civilian employee

HeyFitzy 01-07-2013 05:46 AM

Funny because I've had a card up for sale for months now with no offers or anything, dropped the price down a bit to get more offers and I got a message from someone asking if I would send to a Military APO Address, naturally, I said sure. Literally 5 seconds later they bought it and it's over $200.

I'm shipping it Priority with Signature and I bought insurance just in case. I checked their feedback and it seems like they are getting everything and leaving positive feedback on all sellers so I went ahead with the sale and issued no refund and I'm taking a chance.

We'll see how it goes for me. :)!

hugh 01-07-2013 06:36 AM

there's no problem with shipping to APO addresses. I've literally received hundreds and possibly over a thousand cards with no problems. In fact, it irritates the crap out of me when I try to buy a card and the seller has chosen not to sell to APO addresses

fullmetal 01-07-2013 08:22 AM

[QUOTE=hugh;3973516]there's no problem with shipping to APO addresses. I've literally received hundreds and possibly over a thousand cards with no problems. In fact, it irritates the crap out of me when I try to buy a card and the seller has chosen not to sell to APO addresses[/QUOTE]

I lived at an APO address for 20 years. Our post didn't have delivery confirmation ability until about 4 years ago. And they didn't offer it when sending until shortly after.

Not all APO locations offer the same level of service. Also, some deliver in days and some deliver in months.

Some of the hesitation you receive may be blowback from year's past when shipping to APO was a crapshoot.

hugh 01-07-2013 10:07 AM

fullmetal, yeah if you're near the DMZ in South Korea or other many isolated places I'm sure getting mail is harder. Even when I was deployed, people mailed to me using del conf