Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 02:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Shipping to APO

So...sold a card for $250+ on eBay and the buyer's address is an APO. Since I can't get Signature Confirmation on this, am I completely opening myself up for an INR claim that I would lose?

Buyer's feedback is 21 (100%), with another $250+ purchase a few weeks ago where positives have been left both ways. Has been paid for, but I'm just a little nervous...any advice?

Address is confirmed...

Last edited by mr10pin; 01-06-2013 at 03:26 PM.
mr10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

should be fine
Old 01-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

I believe you can fill out a customs form/slip or get another type of insurance
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

I shipped a high dollar card to an APO once and got screwed. I would suggest talking to your local post office about your options.
mmbtvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr10pin View Post
So...sold a card for $250+ on eBay and the buyer's address is an APO. Since I can't get Signature Confirmation on this, am I completely opening myself up for an INR claim that I would lose?

Buyer's feedback is 21 (100%), with another $250+ purchase a few weeks ago where positives have been left both ways. Has been paid for, but I'm just a little nervous...any advice?

Address is confirmed...
who said you can't get signature confirmation? I live at an APO and people send cards to me (including Panini) with sig conf all the time
hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
who said you can't get signature confirmation? I live at an APO and people send cards to me (including Panini) with sig conf all the time
Thought I saw on USPS website that Signature Confirmation wasn't available to APO. You receive via USPS with Signature Confirmation?
mr10pin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr10pin View Post
Thought I saw on USPS website that Signature Confirmation wasn't available to APO. You receive via USPS with Signature Confirmation?
yes, I have many times
Old 01-07-2013, 03:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

APO address is basically a service member right? If so, Im pretty sure they are mostly all legit. I wouldnt second guess them. Ive sent plenty of items to APO address' and was alwasy a pleasure doing so.
Trueduckfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueduckfan View Post
APO address is basically a service member right? If so, Im pretty sure they are mostly all legit. I wouldnt second guess them. Ive sent plenty of items to APO address' and was alwasy a pleasure doing so.
a service member, U.S. contractor, or federal civilian employee
Old 01-07-2013, 05:46 AM   #10 (permalink)

Funny because I've had a card up for sale for months now with no offers or anything, dropped the price down a bit to get more offers and I got a message from someone asking if I would send to a Military APO Address, naturally, I said sure. Literally 5 seconds later they bought it and it's over $200.

I'm shipping it Priority with Signature and I bought insurance just in case. I checked their feedback and it seems like they are getting everything and leaving positive feedback on all sellers so I went ahead with the sale and issued no refund and I'm taking a chance.

We'll see how it goes for me.
HeyFitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #11 (permalink)

there's no problem with shipping to APO addresses. I've literally received hundreds and possibly over a thousand cards with no problems. In fact, it irritates the crap out of me when I try to buy a card and the seller has chosen not to sell to APO addresses
Old 01-07-2013, 08:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hugh View Post
there's no problem with shipping to APO addresses. I've literally received hundreds and possibly over a thousand cards with no problems. In fact, it irritates the crap out of me when I try to buy a card and the seller has chosen not to sell to APO addresses
I lived at an APO address for 20 years. Our post didn't have delivery confirmation ability until about 4 years ago. And they didn't offer it when sending until shortly after.

Not all APO locations offer the same level of service. Also, some deliver in days and some deliver in months.

Some of the hesitation you receive may be blowback from year's past when shipping to APO was a crapshoot.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

fullmetal, yeah if you're near the DMZ in South Korea or other many isolated places I'm sure getting mail is harder. Even when I was deployed, people mailed to me using del conf