Blowout Cards Forums
Halloween

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #26 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to saintsfan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparoke View Post
Great idea, but it's so sad that we have to resort to video taping our breaks. It's the card company's fault. They can so easily:

- build a library and scan all their memorabilia cards, except for the un-numbered cards.
- The un-numbered cards should never be multi-color.
- All the scans should be accessible to all with the corresponding serial numbers to show you what the card looks like.
- I know it takes some work, but hey, it's a good job for a few people and it keeps the integrity of their product.

I know it's wishful thinking, but if one company does it, I'm sure the others will follow suit.
and it costs them money. they dont care about the hobby or the consumers/collectors. all they care about is $. we buy their products with or without this database of cards/scans.

also this would only help singles buyers and not box breakers, which I'm sure they care even less about.
saintsfan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:28 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan9 View Post
and it costs them money. they dont care about the hobby or the consumers/collectors. all they care about is $. we buy their products with or without this database of cards/scans.

also this would only help singles buyers and not box breakers, which I'm sure they care even less about.
Both True.

The one upside of them doing this would be that the sites they create would generate web hits/traffic and in turn possibly profit from advertising and better search engine placement. I'm sure they would overreach and try to offer some sort of paid access service that not many people would buy into.

I care more about true "game used" patches, but imo the rookie premier patches could all be faked for what it's worth. The fact that they only wear them for 5 seconds and "sick" patches are in EVERY product so overproduced leaves them with very little to be desired. Especially when they're just event used non-autos... at that point it almost downgrades the patch to just a design element of the card. Again, just my opinion.

Someone else mentioned in various threads that they could do a Strata-style acetate window cover over the patch to avoid any tampering. I sort of like that idea after seeing how cool Strata looks.

While I'm ranting, I think the 'certification' on the back of GU cards needs to be more specific. In the early 2000's it specifically said that the piece was game-used by that specific player on the card - while now it just generically says that the jersey piece is game-used. That leads me to believe that they could be using Graham Harrell jersey's that they buy for $1 and drop those patches into Aaron Rodgers' cards. I definitely don't trust the card companies, because if I specifically paid to feature an Aaron Rodgers game worn jersey, I would be proud of that and print specifics on the back of the card to brag & increase value. It's not like it's much work because the graphic designers have to edit the back artwork anyway... Just saying'.

Last edited by TheHelmutt; 01-07-2013 at 12:37 PM.
TheHelmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:41 PM   #28 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelmutt View Post
Both True.

The one upside of them doing this would be that the sites they create would generate web hits/traffic and in turn possibly profit from advertising and better search engine placement. I'm sure they would overreach and try to offer some sort of paid access service that not many people would buy into.

I care more about true "game used" patches, but imo the rookie premier patches could all be faked for what it's worth. The fact that they only wear them for 5 seconds and "sick" patches are in EVERY product so overproduced leaves them with very little to be desired. Especially when they're just event used non-autos... at that point it almost downgrades the patch to just a design element of the card. Again, just my opinion.

Someone else mentioned in various threads that they could do a Strata-style acetate window cover over the patch to avoid any tampering. I sort of like that idea after seeing how cool Strata looks.

While I'm ranting, I think the 'certification' on the back of GU cards needs to be more specific. In the early 2000's it specifically said that the piece was game-used by that specific player on the card - while now it just generically says that the jersey piece is game-used. That leads me to believe that they could be using Graham Harrell jersey's that they buy for $1 and drop those patches into Aaron Rodgers' cards. I definitely don't trust the card companies, because if I specifically paid to feature an Aaron Rodgers game worn jersey, I would be proud of that and print specifics on the back of the card to brag & increase value. It's not like it's much work because the graphic designers have to edit the back artwork anyway... Just saying'.
You know all the companies bought a lot of fake game used jerseys. So there is no way to tell if any of them are real now. Someone on here said panini destroyed hundreds of fake jerseys when it was uncovered. Good luck to anyone who collects jersey cards.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHelmutt View Post
I think the 'certification' on the back of GU cards needs to be more specific. In the early 2000's it specifically said that the piece was game-used by that specific player on the card - while now it just generically says that the jersey piece is game-used.
I liked it when the card stated which specific game it was worn.

Why are they always clean? I want GU material with dirt, grass stains or paint.
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
I liked it when the card stated which specific game it was worn.

Why are they always clean? I want GU material with dirt, grass stains or paint.
It might be a law on the books somewhere, or just common courtesy to actually wash the jerseys before they put them in packs. Can you imagine what some of these gamers would smell like if it just sat there? You would not be happy if your collection smelled like a hamper.

With that said I've seen plenty of blood/dirt/grass stained cards over the years. But with most teams playing on artificial surfaces most stuff doesnt end up that dirty.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
It might be a law on the books somewhere, or just common courtesy to actually wash the jerseys before they put them in packs. Can you imagine what some of these gamers would smell like if it just sat there? You would not be happy if your collection smelled like a hamper.

With that said I've seen plenty of blood/dirt/grass stained cards over the years. But with most teams playing on artificial surfaces most stuff doesnt end up that dirty.
Hopefully they wouldn't use the armpit area, but that would definitely give new meaning to "pack fresh".
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:15 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paparoke View Post
Proved another fakes look at his other listing...

His listing:

2005 Aaron Rodgers Ultimate Rookie Collection 3 CLR Dual Jersey Patch Prime 15 | eBay

Original listing:

Aaron Rodgers 2005 Upper Deck Ultimate Dual Game Jersey 15 RARE Rookie Packers | eBay

Both #d 13/15. What a complete fraud. This is proof that he changed the card in the OP and in the one I found. I should create a fake account and bid it up and win and not pay, what a douche bag.
I messaged the seller about the two fake Rodgers cards and told him that myself and several others were on to his scam and told him to remove the listings. Looks like he listened, the two listings have ended. I wonder if or when they will resurface?
Old 01-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #33 (permalink)

check these out:

New York Giants NFL Game issued Reebok Game Worn Pants Size 36 Eli Manning Tags | eBay

2011 Peyton Manning Gold Leaf Laundry Tag 10 Logo Jersey Prime Patch Relic 25 | eBay

2010 Brett Favre Gold Game Worn Laundry Tag 10 Logo Jersey Patch Prime 10 | eBay
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post

Problem with these is if dirty,bloody cards start carrying premiums then everyone and there mothers will be rubbing dirt on thier cards and pricking thier fingers. Showing for for work the next day, looking like this.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #35 (permalink)

And if you check his purchase history, you see him purchasing common cards with these "Tag 10 Logos" in them for under $5.00, then obviously using those tags to spruce up some superstar single-color jersey cards for some profit.
cardlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #36 (permalink)

my favorite listing of his is the "Eli Manning" game worn pants... owning a couple pairs i know they cross out any old numbers with a marker not white out as it looks to be. and tons of washing that 10 wouldnt look so fresh

New York Giants NFL Game issued Reebok Game Worn Pants Size 36 Eli Manning Tags | eBay
gatordeve86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:18 PM   #37 (permalink)

Back up top for new fake patches from this same asshat. Now he's got the same Rodgers Exquisite up for sale new (3rd) patch in place with a blurry photo so you can't clearly see the serial numbering. What a dick.

2007 Aaron Rodgers UD Exquisite Jumbo 2 Color Game Worn Jersey Patch Prime 25 | eBay

2006 Aaron Rodgers Leaf Mirror Gold Laundry Tag 42 Logo Jersey Patch Prime 25 | eBay
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #38 (permalink)

Some nice investigative work there my friend...man, it really makes me think twice about buying singles I hope he gets what he deserves Karma's a "B"...
-Kyle

Bucket:
http://s1189.photobucket.com/albums/z425/kparpart/#!cpZZ1QQtppZZ20
kparpart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #39 (permalink)

Same guy, another NT fake laundry tag.

FYI.
2011 Aaron Rodgers Nat Treasures Laundry Tag 05 RC Logo Jersey Patch Prime 50 | eBay
Old 03-17-2013, 10:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
Approved Group Sub Host

reported again. Only way to stop this is to purchase one that has proof and trun him into the BBB
Old 03-17-2013, 11:05 PM   #41 (permalink)

Thanks for the warning. Didn't know it was that easy to do things like that. Thought today's cards are tamper proof
wakingbake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #42 (permalink)

Scumbag seller... I hope he dies a horrible death...
superynaldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Banned

im pretty sure all tags and reebok logos were all 1/1s in this natty treasures set... I also love how he states is from rodgers rookie year lmao
sljock53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:21 AM   #44 (permalink)

I like the registry idea...what about if the companies just went the uncirculated route like with Plates and Patches? Is grading THAT important?

Bucket: http://s8.beta.photobucket.com/user/jsnyder2004/library/
Collector Revolution: http://collectorrevolution.com/sellers/1040/listings
jsnyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:58 AM   #45 (permalink)

This same guy again! He needs to go away forever.

New FAKE Brett Favre GU 3 Color Patch #'d 32/50

Original 2 color #'d 32/50
Old 06-16-2013, 12:30 AM   #46 (permalink)

nice catches people
please make videos exposing these scammers, the links do not work after a while, a video is timeless, please post to youtube and other video sharing sites.... PLEASE!

http://www.youtube.com/JOEMLM
JOEMLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #47 (permalink)

Just playing devil's advocate here, but I think at least some of the onus for people like him falls on us, the collectors. If someone can buy a replica jersey for $100 or less and make potentially thousands of dollars worth of fake patch cards from that jersey, doesn't that then seem like we as a community pay an insane amount for a small part from a jersey?
fazzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:59 AM   #48 (permalink)

I am so sick and tired of fake patch cards. I pulled a 2007 Adrian Peterson SP Authentic patch auto 3 color and nobody believes its legit. Good catch on the Rodgers card. We need more people watching for these. Too bad there are too many fakes to catch them all.

http://s1018.photobucket.com/user/primetimeblake/library
primetimeblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:25 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazzle View Post
Just playing devil's advocate here, but I think at least some of the onus for people like him falls on us, the collectors. If someone can buy a replica jersey for $100 or less and make potentially thousands of dollars worth of fake patch cards from that jersey, doesn't that then seem like we as a community pay an insane amount for a small part from a jersey?
I don't follow the logic. People pay for parts of the jersey because it is supposed to be a piece of one of the uniforms worn by a player during their career. Players only wear so many jerseys in their careers, so there are only so many GU jersey pieces available, they're limited. The limited supply and personal ties to the player make them valuable to collectors. Replica jerseys have no ties to players and have no limits on number, since there are millions out there and millions more can be made. Pieces of them have no value, the only value in them is from passing them off as game used. Successfully passing them off as real for profit doesn't mean we pay too much for GU jersey pieces.

If I buy a top hat for $10, then call it Lincoln's hat and sell it for millions it doesn't mean Lincoln's real hat is overvalued.
sideshowbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sideshowbob View Post
I don't follow the logic. People pay for parts of the jersey because it is supposed to be a piece of one of the uniforms worn by a player during their career. Players only wear so many jerseys in their careers, so there are only so many GU jersey pieces available, they're limited. The limited supply and personal ties to the player make them valuable to collectors. Replica jerseys have no ties to players and have no limits on number, since there are millions out there and millions more can be made. Pieces of them have no value, the only value in them is from passing them off as game used. Successfully passing them off as real for profit doesn't mean we pay too much for GU jersey pieces.

If I buy a top hat for $10, then call it Lincoln's hat and sell it for millions it doesn't mean Lincoln's real hat is overvalued.
The whole game used patch card is mostly dead. Certified game used cards are rare. Its all event worn now. People beach now, saying its an altered patch, but it doesn't even really matter because event worn is scam on its own. 30 jerseys are put on a guy, he removes it so a player can put all 30 on at once walk a circle and take them all off. 1 of the 30 jerseys ever touch the player. The real reason people are mad about altered jersey cards is because the original seller makes a crap ton, the buyer finds out its altered and now is largely worthless and loses out. If people are all about collecting and PCing than they should stop beaching who cares you have a nicer PC item and you won't ever get it graded anyway, because grading thick cards rarely ever gets BGS 9.5. What OP is doing here is awesome though, point out the source of the fakes so a buyer doesn't get stuck with a worthless altered patch.
rbb147 is offline   Reply With Quote