Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeMan12406 View Post
You can almost guarantee anything. But what you can't do is 100 % guarantee it. All I know I paid for a product, product was damaged. I want a new box and that will be the only solution I see fit.
This sounds pretty entitled to me.

They did everything they were supposed to do, and a little more by paying shipping. Sounds like this was a thread made just out of bitterness. It sucks they were damaged, but they are fixing the problem.
Ajax1723 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #27 (permalink)

I understand where you are coming from. We are on a very tight budget also and the only money I get to spend on cards is from gifts (bday, Christmas, etc) or anything I earn by selling cards. I decided that I was just going to open cheap boxes like score from now on because I enjoy opening packs. I busted a box of 2008 score jumbo packs in Xmas. Most fun I had busting wax in awhile.

I hope panini can make it right. Best wishes!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
I never said I was entitled to more. This is the agreed upon deal Panini and I have agreed to. I should of made that more clear. But they pay for shipping, and replace the damaged cards.
Oh ok, sounded like you were pissed cuz they wouldn't give you a brand new box for another chance at a monster hit. Does kill the whole experience though when you get excited to bust wax and then stuff is damaged, been there done that.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #29 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

Wow, this is our future? So sad. Everyone thinks they are entitled now. Wonder if he pulled 1/1 Wilson will he be asking to replace the whole box, or the Wilson.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax1723 View Post
This sounds pretty entitled to me.

They did everything they were supposed to do, and a little more by paying shipping. Sounds like this was a thread made just out of bitterness. It sucks they were damaged, but they are fixing the problem.
No they are now doing what they should do. The problem has been fixed after this thread was made. I made this thread because I was upset and it was justified.

After making this thread, the situation was fixed.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
Wow, this is our future? So sad. Everyone thinks they are entitled now. Wonder if he pulled 1/1 Wilson will he be asking to replace the whole box, or the Wilson.
Well if I would of pulled a 1/1 Wilson, I would be worried because I opened a Basketball product, not a football one. And yes, if it were damaged, of course I would send it back just like I'm doing here. Why would I keep a damaged card?
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #32 (permalink)

THis sounds like the only way you will be happy is to get a new free box. Panini is going above what they should by paying for the shipping . How do they know it was damaged at the factory . What if you dropped it or the supplier dropped it. They said that they would replace the cards . Only thing i can see is you were unhappy with the pulls and want another shot at a big rc auto etc. Be happy they are paying shipping and replacing your cards.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

No where on the box does it state that cards are guaranteed to be mint out of the box. I see one card per pack that has a bend on the corner. The bend shows up so much because the card is shiny. If this were a normal white stock card, that bend would hardly even be noticeable.
aric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernieren View Post
THis sounds like the only way you will be happy is to get a new free box.
I am happy. Problem has been resolved.

Quote:
Panini is going above what they should by paying for the shipping.
Just because a standard practice is standard doesn't mean it's right. They clearly feel the right thing to do is pay for shipping.

Quote:
How do they know it was damaged at the factory . What if you dropped it or the supplier dropped it.
What if sharks with laser beams attacked the box? What if a tornado hit that one box and wiped out the boxes family, leaving the box as an orphan?

Quote:
They said that they would replace the cards .
Yes they did. Thanks for following along.

Quote:
Only thing i can see is you were unhappy with the pulls and want another shot at a big rc auto etc.
Have you followed any of my posts? Have you ever interacted with me? If you can show me in any of my previous posts where I've complained about not pulling a big name rookie (because I never have, trust me) I'll pay you money for it.

It's easy to say oh he's just greedy or wants something for free, but when my track record has never been such, it takes a certain individual to try and stick that label on them.

Quote:
Be happy they are paying shipping and replacing your cards.
I am.

This thread was made before anything was reached. Me wanting a new box was before anything was agreed to.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric88 View Post
No where on the box does it state that cards are guaranteed to be mint out of the box. I see one card per pack that has a bend on the corner. The bend shows up so much because the card is shiny. If this were a normal white stock card, that bend would hardly even be noticeable.
This post is so full of fail it's not even something one could accurately respond to.

Well you keep enjoying bent cards and poor eyesight.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 PM   #36 (permalink)

IDK Man....We all have our issues with the card companies... I suppose Ive hated them all at one time or another. The big key for me in the big picture is open the few products that you will like or enjoy and then buy singles instead of throwing cash at subpar products. I think all card companies have about the same policy on damage. Topps has its share with just this and last years Inception products. I would rather deal with Panini than Topps from a CS stand point any day of the week. Good luck with your replacements.
VintageCards4Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:36 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Well if I would of pulled a 1/1 Wilson, I would be worried because I opened a Basketball product, not a football one. And yes, if it were damaged, of course I would send it back just like I'm doing here. Why would I keep a damaged card?
So you would send the Wilson back and ask for another box, or replace the Wilson with something of equal value.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageCards4Me View Post
IDK Man....We all have our issues with the card companies... I suppose Ive hated them all at one time or another. The big key for me in the big picture is open the few products that you will like or enjoy and then buy singles instead of throwing cash at subpar products. I think all card companies have about the same policy on damage. Topps has its share with just this and last years Inception products. I would rather deal with Panini than Topps from a CS stand point any day of the week. Good luck with your replacements.
Thanks man. The anger comes from my wife's disappointment with opening a box full of damaged cards.

I'm sorry our more level headed members would of handled things differently but I went through the necessary steps and the matter has been resolved. As long as she's happy, that's all that matters.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 02:39 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackg1980 View Post
So you would send the Wilson back and ask for another box, or replace the Wilson with something of equal value.
You can try and play hypotheticals all you want, try and make me look greedy or whatever the case may be but I can tell you only one thing, my wife and I opened a box with almost every card damaged. That was an upsetting experience. I went through whatever channels I needed to rectify the situation and I have and I did.

The situation is resolved and that's all that matters.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
The anger comes from my wife's disappointment with opening a box full of damaged cards.
Quote from the video:
"Each of the middle cards is bent.."

So, one bent corner per pack equals a box full of damaged cards?

But like you said, the situation is resolved, so I guess we can just move on.
aric88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aric88 View Post
Quote from the video:
"Each of the middle cards is bent.."

So, one bent corner per pack equals a box full of damaged cards?
I'm not going to argue with your eyesight or your argumentive (I may of just made up a word, lol.) nature. You choose to believe what you want to and that's that.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 02:49 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
You can try and play hypotheticals all you want, try and make me look greedy or whatever the case may be but I can tell you only one thing, my wife and I opened a box with almost every card damaged. That was an upsetting experience. I went through whatever channels I needed to rectify the situation and I have and I did.

The situation is resolved and that's all that matters.
Ok I see. That is good they resolved it but it that should be expected. But you should not let things like that get you down, shtt happens.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #43 (permalink)

Yes i followed the thread still seems like you want the sky from them. I don't think they should pay for shipping from you and back. No way to tell it was on them unless it was straight from a full case . No need for you to be an A** to me . I'm calling it how it is a person asking for a company to pay for something that's not completely on them. from your reply about it getting dropped gets me thinking you did drop the box. Asking for a new box just shows you wanted a chance at some other big item. The fact your staying with the replacement of damaged cards good . But i bet they offered something else to make you happy . 1 free shipping to and from. 2 replacing of cards. I bet it ends up being a new box of something plus replacement cards. If i'm wrong then sorry . I just doubt i am wrong. But good for you no need to go off on people when you started this post yourself.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Some may be confused as this is the football forum
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Yes i followed the thread still seems like you want the sky from them. I don't think they should pay for shipping from you and back. No way to tell it was on them unless it was straight from a full case . No nead for you to be an A** to me . I'm calling it how it is a person asking for a company to pay for something that's not completely on them. from your reply about it getting dropped gets me thinking you did drop the box. Asking for a new box just shows you wanted a chance at some other big item. The fact your staying with the replacement of damaged cards good . But i bet they offered something else to make you happy . 1 free shipping to and from. 2 replacing of cards. I bet it ends up being a new box of something plus replacement cards. If i'm wrong then sorry . I just doubt i am wrong. But good for you no need to go off on people when you started this post yourself.
Yes, you caught me. I dropped the box. We were playing card shop football and I scored and went Gronk on the box.

Anyone who knows me on here knows how much of a scammer I am.

Next course of action is to make a thread in the Members Section warning others to stay away from me.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 03:02 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
You can almost guarantee anything. But what you can't do is 100 % guarantee it. All I know I paid for a product, product was damaged. I want a new box and that will be the only solution I see fit.
Same thing happened to me with Topps. Got a box and the first 2 cards of every pack had 1 corner severely bent. I wanted a new box too. They made me send the damaged cards in with the box barcode and receipt. I did so. They send me a package back saying they cant do anything cause I didn't include every pack of the box I opened.

Panini actually has been very good to me, they sent me awful replacements then sent me knew ones worth almost double than the ones I initially redeemed.

Good luck man hope they send you what you want!

PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/johnprovenzano

Last edited by johnprovenzano; 01-07-2013 at 03:02 PM. Reason: typo
johnprovenzano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:04 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprovenzano View Post
Same thing happened to me with Topps. Got a box and the first 2 cards of every pack had 1 corner severely bent. I wanted a new box too. They made me send the damaged cards in with the box barcode and receipt. I did so. They send me a package back saying they cant do anything cause I didn't include every pack of the box I opened.

Panini actually has been very good to me, they sent me awful replacements then sent me knew ones worth almost double than the ones I initially redeemed.

Good luck man hope they send you what you want!
Thanks John.
Kendrick Lamar
Old 01-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #48 (permalink)

Well you got me convinced . You just keep making yourself look bad to me on your replies from me. Hey you got what you wanted . I hope the new box is worse since you seem to be a complete D**k to me. You might be a nice guy but when your a prick to people then that makes some us think the worst . You prob are a nice guy not a scammer but you come out looking like a scammer asking for a new box etc.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:10 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
It's not all on Panini? I paid them for a product. Said product was damaged badly. That is 100 percent on them.
Did you buy the box directly from them? Or did you get it from somewhere like a LCS or online store, where it could have been damaged in transit anywhere along the line? How exactly is it Panini's fault?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post
It is, I just don't think you should get a new box.

They should replace all your cards in good condition
Quote:
Well I guess we have differing opinions on the matter.
Is this right? You opened a box and the cards were damaged. Now, instead of receiving mint condition copies of all those cards, you want an unopened box - is that because you didn't pull anything good out of the first one? I understand being upset about having to pay for shipping, but what the heck gives you the right to feel that you are owed a brand new unopened box?
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #50 (permalink)
Banned

Jesus Christ, I'd hate to see what happens when real adversity shows up.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote