Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Will Inception 1/1 NFL Logo Shields Hold Their Value?

Thoughts? Looks like this:

Romans 1:16 #unashamed
PC: Brandon Marshall
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=300+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Are you asking because of the Logo change in the jersey? Or?

Not sure why these would lose value.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

In general shields will probably not hold value because a) they're mostly only event-worn and b) because they're getting heavily produced now.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
In general shields will probably not hold value because a) they're mostly only event-worn and b) because they're getting heavily produced now.
using your points

a. nobody cares and in fact as much as I dislike it. Event worn rookie material holds more value then game worn

b. could agree slightly but for the stud positions like qb and rb I would say it does not matter

I will add pdawson the fabric nfl shields for me will just increase with the new nfl shield they use now
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
using your points

a. nobody cares and in fact as much as I dislike it. Event worn rookie material holds more value then game worn

b. could agree slightly but for the stud positions like qb and rb I would say it does not matter

I will add pdawson the fabric nfl shields for me will just increase with the new nfl shield they use now
a) I think people will/do care - why pay thousands of dollars for a logo worn on some random jersey for 5 seconds by a player? The Luck/Griffin Certified dual shield sold for only about $700. Had they actually been game-worn, I guarantee that would have been a much higher price.

b) Not so sure - shields numbered out of 5... not that special anymore.

I do agree about the fabric being more desirable, but the above points need to be considered as well.
Old 01-07-2013, 05:16 PM   #6 (permalink)

I don't think the casual collector even knows the difference or cares quite frankly about event worn vs game worn.
Swingin' for the fences, barbaric Kendrick in idle time
Kendrick Lamar
FreeMan12406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
a) I think people will/do care - why pay thousands of dollars for a logo worn on some random jersey for 5 seconds by a player? .
I had this debate 12 yrs ago when I was on outside the lines with Jeremy Schapp as well as interviewed in a smaller role by Darren Rovell on espn.com. Guys brought up the pts then . Nothing has changed and still won't. My pt has been tested and right for over a decade. I guess we will revist this in another decade

ESPN.com: SPORTSBUSINESS - Collectors be-wear
"He had no teeth, and he was slobbering all over himself. I'm thinking, 'You can have your money back, just get me out of here. Let me go be an accountant." I can't tell you how badly I wanted out of there." -QB John Elway On Jack Lambert(1983)
Old 01-07-2013, 06:33 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
I had this debate 12 yrs ago when I was on outside the lines with Jeremy Schapp as well as interviewed in a smaller role by Darren Rovell on espn.com. Guys brought up the pts then . Nothing has changed and still won't. My pt has been tested and right for over a decade. I guess we will revist this in another decade

Yeah but it's getting really prevalent and people are starting to realize that they're paying for something with so little significance (unless there's an autograph on it or something). Does low-numbering really matter when in essence they're all just 'manufactured' patches?
Old 01-07-2013, 06:37 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah but it's getting really prevalent and people are starting to realize .
I do not see a difference at all in pricing..So I guess I do not know what you are talking about. Do you buy logos on a regular basis? I have and will say there has been zero if any difference

I think razor and a few other do quite a bit too. I am pretty sure they would say the same thing/

Last edited by wheeler281; 01-07-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Companies may be better off cutting out the player worn RP jerseys, for the most part. I'm sure they could get at least a few game worn jerseys in time for a high end product like NT or 5 Star, and all other hits can be autos and more low #ed paralells

The "player worn" jerseys have lost appeal to me. Heck, the players touch it for 3 seconds (if that)??
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
I do not see a difference at all in pricing..So I guess I do not know what you are talking about. Do you buy logos on a regular basis? I have and will say there has been zero if any difference
Ok fair enough. I do not buy them, I'm just going off the glimpses I get and seeing what people say on forums. I've seen it mentioned here and it seems that people are losing interest. The Luck/Griffin was a good example - what's the appeal of something likely worn for just moments, isn't autographed and isn't that attractive, just because it's a 1/1.
Old 01-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #12 (permalink)

I agree with you. The appeal should not be there but it has not deterred pricing. I jumped off the event worn wagon for a bit but got sucked back in. .... in less then 60 days lol
Old 01-07-2013, 07:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

Just to make sure I'm correct, NONE of the products that come out with rookie jerseys/patches are game worn?
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:46 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscards101 View Post
Just to make sure I'm correct, NONE of the products that come out with rookie jerseys/patches are game worn?
in 2006 there were a few treasures that were. That was the only year., It just became a logistical nightmare for manufacturers
Old 01-07-2013, 07:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

That Kaep, yes bc in 2011 that was the shield they wore. I know some people don't care but I wouldn't buy a 2012 older shield simply because it would irk me that the player wore Nike all year but that shield was from a Reebok. I'm also in the minority of people who like the new shields better.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980

No........
Old 01-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #17 (permalink)
Banned

Not without an auto on the card with it IMO.
Chaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

For the price you're better off going with his NT, Exquisite or Chrome Refractor Autos.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:57 PM   #19 (permalink)

i only started really collecting a couple years ago, but does it work the same with HOFers, for instance, i have an 06 NT steve largent auto and a jersey/shoe combo, what are the chances that he actually wore these and not some average joe

Quote:

bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

They don't interest me because they're all the same. I don't like white jerseys for the same reason.
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote