Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 06:31 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Mailday: Russell Wilson Strata Red 1 of 1!!!

Got this one in today. I took a gamble that he would win and got lucky. I have to thank blowout member adamt326 for the sweet deal.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Sick card man! Hope he pans out!

Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Aaron Hernandez with the 180th pick gave ImNOTDanShakespeare the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
DanShakespeare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)

I wanted this too haha.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sick Card! I am so Jealous.
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks guys. Unfortunately it's not gradeable, but it's a 1 of 1 so it's not like I can find a better one.

Last edited by gottagitdemjs; 01-08-2013 at 12:00 AM.
gottagitdemjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

No Idea why I didn't jump all over that. Saw it when it was just posted....

Nice pick up, quick shipping too!
sdoug76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:56 AM   #7 (permalink)

Why does your auction say superfractor in the title?
csmtampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:37 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmtampa View Post
Why does your auction say superfractor in the title?
keyword spam lol

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagitdemjs View Post
Thanks guys. Unfortunately it's not gradeable, but it's a 1 of 1 so it's not like I can find a better one.
You really should also mention flaws for a card like this. I actually tend to get high end cards that do have flaws graded, that way it doesn't look like I am trying to pass it off on anyone.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:00 AM   #10 (permalink)

Why would it matter if he won this week? He has 15 more years to do something, and it looks like he is going to have a great career.
Old 01-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Wait a minute. You got a sweet deal from a board member, just so you could turn it around and put it on ebay for $650? I hope they did not give you a board member discount or something.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Look at my sweet mailday. Just got it in. Oh yeah btw, it's for sale on Ebay. Does anyone just collect anymore?
Old 01-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #13 (permalink)

You admit here it is "not gradeable" yet you make no mention of any condition issues in the listing.

Have fun with the Not As Described case sure to be opened against you, in the end you are only hurting yourself by not being honest.
t2554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Superfractor??? No offense or anythning, but please stop the keyword spamming. Its ruining ebay.
atobias1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

I'm sorry but the strata cards are hideous. Ok, I feel better now.
Heroicdeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:13 AM   #16 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to wheeler281

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
Look at my sweet mailday. Just got it in. Oh yeah btw, it's for sale on Ebay. Does anyone just collect anymore?
seems to be the theme around here with so many. They do not even spit on it when they rape you and relist it
Old 01-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post
You admit here it is "not gradeable" yet you make no mention of any condition issues in the listing.

Have fun with the Not As Described case sure to be opened against you, in the end you are only hurting yourself by not being honest.
This--as others have stated, but upfront--the few dollars you may think you could gain by not disclosing important details are pure fiction--in the end it will cost you. Be upfront and honest--you will lose nothing and gain everything and attract serious buyers by doing so.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:06 PM   #18 (permalink)

And you will sleep better at night.
Integrity is more important than a few dollars here or there that you might get by deception.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

I want to address a few of your comments as I feel some of you are being a little harsh with your judgments of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
You really should also mention flaws for a card like this. I actually tend to get high end cards that do have flaws graded, that way it doesn't look like I am trying to pass it off on anyone.
I can understand your point, and I have no problem doing this. I thought it was pretty obvious from the pic that the card has white showing on one corner. This is how I've always done my auctions and have never had any complaints. I'll revise the auction, but I'm not allowed to right now since there are offers out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Wait a minute. You got a sweet deal from a board member, just so you could turn it around and put it on ebay for $650? I hope they did not give you a board member discount or something.
You're definitely free to have your own opinion, but he offered it up for sale OBO. I made him an offer. He accepted it. I paid him. There are no rules that say I have to put the card away and keep it or disclose to the seller that I'm going to try and make money off the card. If this were the case, there wouldn't be a such thing as sports card shows and card shops would have no singles for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray27Ray52 View Post
I do collect. I just don't collect Seahawks. (I collect Chiefs *sigh) I also do this to make a little spending money. I did not mention once in this thread that it is for sale on ebay, someone else did that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t2554 View Post

Again, I can understand this. I have always did my auctions this way and have never had a dispute or negative. I just assume the pic can do the talking and if someone has questions, I'll answer them. I'll start describing the card better in the future though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atobias1214 View Post
Superfractor??? No offense or anythning, but please stop the keyword spamming. Its ruining ebay.
I just did it to draw the views of those searching for a 1 of 1 that may not be able to afford a superfractor. I pride myself on being honest and ethical, so I'll remove it from the auction title. It was a bad decision on my part and for that I apologize.

Last edited by gottagitdemjs; 01-08-2013 at 07:34 PM.
gottagitdemjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

I just did it to draw the views of those searching for a 1 of 1 that may not be able to afford a superfractor. I pride myself on being honest and ethical, so I'll remove it from the auction title. It was a bad decision on my part and for that I apologize.
Good job removing superfractor from your title..............oh wait
My Sportscardalbum -> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jiggidy
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:11 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned

hope you get some nice coin for it, good luck.. surely 650.00 could buy a lot of chiefs cards. xD
srslychris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:

Again, I can understand this. I have always did my auctions this way and have never had a dispute or negative. I just assume the pic can do the talking and if someone has questions, I'll answer them. I'll start describing the card better in the future though.
From looking at your past sales this isn't true. You stated your Lebron Gold as immaculate, went into description of the perfection of the front of your Aaron Rodgers card. You are correct in that you don't describe your items too well, but you are being shady in stating "see the scan" for this card, instead of stating what you could. Dunno if you are lying to cover your tracks or if you really think this is how you have done things, but being dishonest about something so easy to fact check is silly.

Nice card. Don't owe anyone any explanation for you trying to make money. To my knowledge there is no one on these boards who doesn't make money or attempt to.
mcgahee21nfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

If you always run your auctions this way, you may be worse than Boyd. Hope ya get nailed
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #24 (permalink)

Nothing wrong with making money but please do describe the card as accurately as possible.
Romans 1:16 #unashamed
Combined Feedbacks on Ebay+SCF=270+=100%(All Positive)
PDawson21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggidy View Post
Good job removing superfractor from your title..............oh wait
Ebay locks you out from revising an item when offers are out.