Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Which quarterback's rookie autograph card will still be worth a lot in 5 years?
Robert Griffin III 11 6.67%
Russel Wilson 27 16.36%
Andrew Luck 118 71.52%
Any other quarterback from the 2012 class 9 5.45%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Talking Which Quarterback will hold the most value?

Considering that 3 rookie quarterbacks made it to the playoffs, which of the 3 quarterbacks rookie autograph cards will be worth just as much as they are now within 5 years?
Old 01-07-2013, 07:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

hard to say, see them in their 2nd year and see how it goes. AROD you had to wait a few years, so the same for Brees. Dalton was supposed to do big things this year but wasnt great. Colt McCoy had SOME hype after his rookie year and look at him now.

but if i had to pick, I say LUCK
Ironcourtcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Luck will be better for a longer period of time. More Pro Bowls, Playoff Appearances.

Griffin will be out of the league in 5 years if he doesn't change

I'm not sold on Wilson. 2-3 more years like this and I'll say he's legit.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hard to say with much of anything. Griffin could come out next year and sustain a career ending injury and be out of the league and then...hell it could happen to any one of them. At this current time your looking at Luck for the answer. Like it was stated above not a lot of people are sold on Wilson..now if the dude goes and wins a Super Bowl...it will be a different story as he's the only one left. Hell if he wins the NFC championship it will be a different story.
SMHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

my two cents?

I'll use the same argument people constantly use against Wilson...and that is that he doesn't have to do 'as much' as the other 3. However, now that he's been given the reigns to the playbook, he will continue to put up solid numbers. And he most likely will have the more 'super bowl' ready team around him, minus receivers. If Seahawks can pick up a big WR name in the offseason...WATCH OUT.

Wilson also tends to avoid and take less punishment than Luck and Griffin. We've all seen what repeated contact can do to a player (RG3) and Luck was pretty much on his back all year round.

I would definitely say that Wilson is the 'safest' pick of the 3 at this point. He's been one of the most efficient qb's in college, and his nfl stats are almost mirroring what he was doing in the big 10, minus the larger volume pass attempts.

That said, I really see all 3 of them having very good careers, but it's hard to say at this point who will have the overall best of the 3, because they all accel in different areas.
ninjacookies is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Luck will be better for a longer period of time. More Pro Bowls, Playoff Appearances.

Pretty much my thoughts...
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #7 (permalink)

Andrew Luck will have the best career out of the three. Therefore he will always hold the most value.
Old 01-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #8 (permalink)

Luck. He's the most talented of them. He will also have the best team. Snyder will screw up the Skins per usual. Carroll isn't a NFL coach. He'll prove it soon enough.
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's Luck, it's obviously Luck, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't thinking with their head but their heart

Kinda like the idiot who hits on 17 because he just has a feeling there will be a low card coming out next
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

I voted Luck b/c its definitley him but funny how this was majority rg3 3 weeks ago
jbmets95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmets95 View Post
I voted Luck b/c its definitley him but funny how this was majority rg3 3 weeks ago
Link to a thread?

A majority of people on here know luck will have a longer, successful career.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post

How exactly is Wilson not legit right now. Won 8 striaght. More TDs than Luck and fewer interceptions as well.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:17 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
It's Luck, it's obviously Luck, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't thinking with their head but their heart

Kinda like the idiot who hits on 17 because he just has a feeling there will be a low card coming out next
Actually if you are facing a dealers up card of 8-10 or A you SHOULD hit a 17.

Always buying Iron Man 55, Captain Marvel 33, Avengers Annual #7, Various other Bronze Age Thanos appearances.
Carrbeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #14 (permalink)

Even though I don't think Luck is the better out of the three, I think he'll hold the most value. RG3 is "injury prone" and could have a short career and I don't see Wilson as collectible as Luck or RG3.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrbeaz View Post
How exactly is Wilson not legit right now. Won 8 striaght. More TDs than Luck and fewer interceptions as well.
i think its a mirage like alex smith with the 9ers. he's a game manager while luck and rg3 are put out there to win games. i wouldn't go crazy over turnovers especially when peyton manning had 28 picks his rc year
rmiller1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:22 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll play devils advocate here. Whenever I play I hold on 15+ no matter what. I've had good luck doing that. The hardest part about that is the evil looks ingest from the others at the table. I'd rather have the dealer beat me though then busting when I do hit 15!
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #17 (permalink)

My 6 year old pulled a gold auto of Russell Wilson with our 1st box of Chrome this year. At the time I thought it was of 50 like in baseball. When found out it was of 10 got excited and card was selling for about $250 then. Of course we redeemed it for blue wave and chance at hitting the vaunted eBay 1/1 or his jersey 3/10. Either way amazed latest just fetched $1150...I do not sell much but if I did not redeem I may take the $1000 plus cause the card will definitely need to be graded as any card worth $200 plus is nuts to sell raw with the loonies out there. Hoping to receive shortly after he gets the Superbowl MVP...I can hope right?
kevinandji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
You never hit on a winning hand. 17 is a winning hand 16 is not. You always hit on 16.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:28 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Basic strategy says absolutely not: Blackjack Basic Strategy Calculator - Wizard of Odds
Current Needs: Drew Bledsoe 2009 BTL Auto's O,T; Buybacks; Butler Bulldogs (Gordon Hayward, Shelvin Mack, Matt Howard); Looking for the following: Alfonzo Dennard '12 TC Superfractor; Chandler Jones '12 TC and Bowman Sterling Superfractors; Please PM me with details
ssbledsoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:29 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmiller1k View Post
i think its a mirage like alex smith with the 9ers. he's a game manager while luck and rg3 are put out there to win games. i wouldn't go crazy over turnovers especially when peyton manning had 28 picks his rc year
Quote:
Originally Posted by 220sports View Post
I'll play devils advocate here. Whenever I play I hold on 15+ no matter what. I've had good luck doing that. The hardest part about that is the evil looks ingest from the others at the table. I'd rather have the dealer beat me though then busting when I do hit 15!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadedaniel84 View Post
You never hit on a winning hand. 17 is a winning hand 16 is not. You always hit on 16.
You guys get my point, how's this one then, it's like the guy who sits Adrian Peterson in his fantasy finals because he thinks they'll rest him for the playoffs and thinks Ryan Grant is the sneaky play who will win him the championship, you're way over thinking the decision

If you think it's anyone other than Luck, you're either a homer with blinders on, or trying to "beat the system" by picking the outsider
zonacats8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:09 AM   #21 (permalink)

With RG III having surgery, I could see him having hype like Michael Vick from 2001-2006 and now he is falling fast because of injuries. Luck will be like a Brady or Peyton in at least 5 years.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #22 (permalink)

All of thess QBS cards have peaked. So they MAY hold their value depending on how they play. Value really depends on sentiment, fan base and availability of cards, not necessarily on what the player accomplishes. Considering that there are 1000 listings in eBay at any given moment for each of these players I don't think rarity is an issue. Panini made sure of that. Consider that you can get a Roetisberger auto rc for basically the same price as a luck or griffin auto rc, then consider the accomplishments of those QBS. Accomplishments really don't mean anything. IMO Always sell the hot QB and dig for the guy who flies under the radar. Way under.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Banned

Brock Osweiler
jp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:25 AM   #24 (permalink)

Tannehill without a doubt

His prices are not that high plus he has the most room to improve

5 games Miami lost by a TD or less

They were so close to playing last weekend
armyatc22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyatc22 View Post
Tannehill without a doubt

His prices are not that high plus he has the most room to improve

5 games Miami lost by a TD or less

They were so close to playing last weekend
Good answer--Tannehill intrigues me. I like the guy, think he has all the tools, and seems to have an uncanny work ethic.

In the long run he may be the 'best' of his class. RGIII is most likely to be the one who keeps his prices up. Russell Wilson will as well. Luck is overrated, but still very good. So in a nutshell, my predictions for 5 years from now, highest to lowest--

1. RGIII
2. Russell Wilson
3. Ryan Tannehill
4. Kirk Cousins
5. Andrew Luck

I'm thinking will continue to well when RGIII is out and get picked up as a starter somewhere else in the next few years. Luck will continue to have seasons like this one--which is not bad, but not great either. The real wild card is Tannehill, probably should but him #1--of course I don't have a crystal ball that predicts the future, but I do have a crystal ball the size of a basketball--I can only see right through it though/no future.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote