Blowout Cards Forums
Black Friday 2014

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 04:28 PM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
got a PM from boyd this morning. Apparently he says the bidder is swagcards
I know I've seen the swagcards excuse before, and it did seem legit (although incredibly strange that somebody would ONLY buy from BigBoyd to stock their COMC store), however someone mentioned cards being relisted after being won by one of the 100% activity accounts - was the swagcards account one of those?
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeg2315 View Post
Again, I am neither excusing Boyd's practices nor undercutting the purpose of word of mouth and exposure. No matter if you're new or old, there is always something you can do to be proactive on your own. It is ultimately the individual's responsibility to inform himself and make his own decision.

If you would like to pursue this matter further, please contact us at _________ or email us at ______________. I have no problem discussing this with those who have questions.

Thank you! Do we need a new thread about this every week? I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for anyone who bids on his auctions. If people educated themselves by doing just a bit of research before dropping coin, shillers like BBD wouldn't be this big of an issue. Maybe when people realize that the only ones actually "winning" these auctions are BBD or his "customers" it will be less of a news story around here. Just stay away from his shiz and be done with it.
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Member
 
antrodemus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 982
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Thank you! Do we need a new thread about this every week? I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for anyone who bids on his auctions. If people educated themselves by doing just a bit of research before dropping coin, shillers like BBD wouldn't be this big of an issue. Maybe when people realize that the only ones actually "winning" these auctions are BBD or his "customers" it will be less of a news story around here. Just stay away from his shiz and be done with it.
That's like saying "Do we need to have Peyton Manning cards EVERY year?"

There are new people joining all the time. Reading threads like this is informative and thus IS research.
antrodemus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:03 PM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
cdizz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Rock Ridge-The sheriff is near!!
Posts: 1,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
That's like saying "Do we need to have Peyton Manning cards EVERY year?"

There are new people joining all the time. Reading threads like this is informative and thus IS research.
Wow, comparing apples to oranges are we? There are numerous BBD threads with multiple pages each, so this is useful how? New members? Google and searching for topics is pretty easy to do. I know when I got back into collecting after a long, long time and the hobby changed, I did research before I did any kind of buying. The problem is not having the information out there for "new" collectors, it's that the new collectors want all of the information without doing any leg work. I mean there was only a brand new thread about BBD a few days ago, but I guess with your train of thought we should just create new threads or bump the old ones every time BBD puts a new card up for sale.
__________________
Equipmunk sharp, equipmunk dirty. Equipmunk make Kevin's bobbum hurty. Forever unclean!!!
cdizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
JosieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 4,181
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Wow, comparing apples to oranges are we? There are numerous BBD threads with multiple pages each, so this is useful how? New members? Google and searching for topics is pretty easy to do. I know when I got back into collecting after a long, long time and the hobby changed, I did research before I did any kind of buying. The problem is not having the information out there for "new" collectors, it's that the new collectors want all of the information without doing any leg work. I mean there was only a brand new thread about BBD a few days ago, but I guess with your train of thought we should just create new threads or bump the old ones every time BBD puts a new card up for sale.
I underdtand where you are coming from. The way I see it is this is a valuable service for our younger or more immature members who don't understand the importance of researching who they are buying from. This thread and others like it may stop them from getting taken advantage of.

Also, not everyone knows what shill bidding is. We all have a diferrent knowledge base when it comes to collecting.
__________________
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; #TEAMCONNOR, Mental Health Awareness, St. Jude's Children's Hospital
"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour." ~Author Unknown
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
88horsepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bay, California
Posts: 4,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by antrodemus View Post
That's like saying "Do we need to have Peyton Manning cards EVERY year?"

There are new people joining all the time. Reading threads like this is informative and thus IS research.
I completely agree with this sentiment. This is news that constantly needs to be out there for the newer and less informed members to read. If YOU don't want to read about it then don't click on the link. It's that simple.
__________________
Colts Rookie Autograph Supercollector Since 1996
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Member
 
MrMasterpiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
I completely agree with this sentiment. This is news that constantly needs to be out there for the newer and less informed members to read. If YOU don't want to read about it then don't click on the link. It's that simple.
+1. I have collected for years and dont have a LCS near me that i know of. Always purchased through ebay. I just joined forums about 6 months ago and if i had never seen a new post of a Boyd thread i would not have known the extent of his practices. (I never even new they had a name for bidding up auctions until i joined,SHILLING). Anyhow, now whenever i click on an item and its his auction i just hit the back button. It was a great help and im sure new members would appreciate the up front knowledge you guys have. At first i didnt click on the threads but once i saw it over and over i said let me see what this is about. So you see, it is good to consistently spread the word.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
+1. I have collected for years and dont have a LCS near me that i know of. Always purchased through ebay. I just joined forums about 6 months ago and if i had never seen a new post of a Boyd thread i would not have known the extent of his practices. (I never even new they had a name for bidding up auctions until i joined,SHILLING). Anyhow, now whenever i click on an item and its his auction i just hit the back button. It was a great help and im sure new members would appreciate the up front knowledge you guys have. At first i didnt click on the threads but once i saw it over and over i said let me see what this is about. So you see, it is good to consistently spread the word.
Save yourself time and just don't click into any auction with an inflated price in the title eg Michael Jordan base card $800
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:39 PM   #34 (permalink)
Member
 
Lockdown32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,593
Default

I don't see any problem with these threads. People are able to make their own decisions on who they buy from. As everyone knows we are just leaving our opinion and some facts. If people don't want to read them they can just pass the thread by. I want to see informative threads warning me about possible suspicious activity. Whomever it be and if there are multiple threads so be it. I can skip past it and read the next thread. The thing with the bigboyd threads is he has had issues with selling resealed boxes and problems with his ex partners so it is not like he was some squeaky clean person people are watching. I would understand if people kept posting about a seller who never had any issues, but he has had a few.
__________________
Always looking for Brian Urlacher Jumbo patches, autographs and Bears legends and stars!
Lockdown32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
mmkyszka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdizz View Post
Thank you! Do we need a new thread about this every week? I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad for anyone who bids on his auctions. If people educated themselves by doing just a bit of research before dropping coin, shillers like BBD wouldn't be this big of an issue. Maybe when people realize that the only ones actually "winning" these auctions are BBD or his "customers" it will be less of a news story around here. Just stay away from his shiz and be done with it.
To answer your question, yes I do feel it necessary for a new thread. If you didnt like it, no need to click on the thread since you knew exactly what it was about.
__________________
I collect Bears and BRANDON MARSHALL
Bucket: http://s1215.photobucket.com/home/mmkyszka/index
mmkyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:14 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
TheHeel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,737
Default

I thought this was a good one....

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=390519942416

432 bids.....428 with BB
__________________
48,230
Pending Deals:
TheHeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
mmkyszka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,623
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeel View Post
I thought this was a good one....

eBay.com Item Bid History

432 bids.....428 with BB
Yup that same bidder is bidding on the Marshall.

There is no way the Marshall should go much higher than it is now. If it goes any higher, its going to make me wonder what my Exquisite 1/1 auto would sell for lol
__________________
I collect Bears and BRANDON MARSHALL
Bucket: http://s1215.photobucket.com/home/mmkyszka/index
mmkyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
MrMasterpiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,680
Default

That stupid auction is already up to $250. Really??? What a freaking joke! I like Brandon Marshall and that card should bring a MAX 175-200. Maybe even more like 100-150. But at the very most 200. Lmao at whomever joins in that is a real buyer.

Last edited by MrMasterpiece; 01-08-2013 at 09:12 PM.
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMasterpiece View Post
That stupid auction is already up to $250. Really??? What a freaking joke! I like Brandon Marshall and that card should bring a MAX 175-200. Maybe even more like 100-150. But at the very most 200. Lmao at whomever joins in that is a real buyer.

I bought it in the offseason for 275. I sold it in a lot at about 300, before he took off. Would be very curious to know what it changed hands at to end up with bigboyd
thenwhatjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Member
 
MrMasterpiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
I bought it in the offseason for 275. I sold it in a lot at about 300, before he took off. Would be very curious to know what it changed hands at to end up with bigboyd
It still seems high to me. Good info none the less. Thanks
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:12 PM   #41 (permalink)
Member
 
MrMasterpiece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Charlotte,NC
Posts: 1,680
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenwhatjk View Post
I bought it in the offseason for 275. I sold it in a lot at about 300, before he took off. Would be very curious to know what it changed hands at to end up with bigboyd
It still seems high to me. Good info none the less. Thanks
MrMasterpiece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:23 PM   #42 (permalink)
Member
 
texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Boise,Idaho
Posts: 1,633
Default

even shills 2 dollar cards.........type in sammy solis pitcher for the Nats go to completed and there is bigboyd shilling his 2 dollar card several times lol
__________________
Lewis Brinson PM if you pull any of his cards

Riddle: I do no wrong when I am called out I talk smack than run to a moderator when you hurt my feelings...who am I?
texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #43 (permalink)
Member
 
88horsepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bay, California
Posts: 4,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas View Post
even shills 2 dollar cards.........type in sammy solis pitcher for the Nats go to completed and there is bigboyd shilling his 2 dollar card several times lol
Happened to me several times involving lower priced Colts autos I wanted. We're talking players like Anthony Castonzo and Joe Lefeged. I would make an initial bid of .99 and before you knew if there would be bidders upping the card to nearly double what any other card would go for in a 60 day period. I would be stunned to see a card like a Joe freaking Lefeged auto jump from .99 to $5.00 in a span of just a few days when every other card of the same type would sell for $2.50 or so. All you can do is shake your head at that point. Makes no sense whatsoever, regardless of whatever excuses he comes up with.
__________________
Colts Rookie Autograph Supercollector Since 1996
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #44 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,104
Default

Can somebody please tell me where the 'logo patch' is in this?

8 Logo Patch Scottie Pippen Shaquille O'Neal Shawn Kemp Grant Hill Kevin Garnett | eBay
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #45 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Must be an employee mistake.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #46 (permalink)
Member
 
88horsepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bay, California
Posts: 4,425
Default

When I asked him where he was getting his "book value" that places in the description of nearly every card he places up on Ebay, he said that the value means nothing and that it's merely a sales tactic. Classy, right? Basically, he's saying the value is meaningless and that he uses unreliable values that he pulls out of his ass to suck people into bidding on his items. How wonderful is that?
__________________
Colts Rookie Autograph Supercollector Since 1996
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #47 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 7,104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
When I asked him where he was getting his "book value" that places in the description of nearly every card he places up on Ebay, he said that the value means nothing and that it's merely a sales tactic. Classy, right? Basically, he's saying the value is meaningless and that he uses unreliable values that he pulls out of his ass to suck people into bidding on his items. How wonderful is that?
He IS a clever salesman though. He keyword spams his auction titles AND descriptions - so that if you search for something in 'title and description' you see all of his items too. Eg search Panini Black Gold and you will find his listings that have nothing to do with that search. He puts every word in the body of his auction so it can be seen.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #48 (permalink)
Member
 
Jackg1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,649
Send a message via Yahoo to Jackg1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
When I asked him where he was getting his "book value" that places in the description of nearly every card he places up on Ebay, he said that the value means nothing and that it's merely a sales tactic. Classy, right? Basically, he's saying the value is meaningless and that he uses unreliable values that he pulls out of his ass to suck people into bidding on his items. How wonderful is that?
Yeah, he is a classy guy. I should call lying a sells tactic also.
__________________
Official Blowout 2010 Topp Magic Refractor Autograph set collector! STAY AWAY FROM PATCH CARDS! BUCKET: http://s1213.photobucket.com/albums/cc471/jackg1980/ "I trade by common sense not book value"
"No one makes me bleed my own blood"
Jackg1980 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.