Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

My favorite part? Ebay removed 70% of the "positive" comments saying he never paid for these auctions, yet let him keep credit for the positive feedback. And his negs? Notta one removed

Lovely
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #27 (permalink)

No bc there is a link to report and if ebay feels like it they erase the feedback and actually send an email telling the person who left it that they have violated and abused ebay policies. I left neg feedback for sellers who ripped me off and I got the message that the neg were removed its a disgusting practice by ebay to allow feedback they deem wrong to be erased. if thats the case why not just get rid of the feedback bc someone sells 200-300 items a month and gets 10 negs gets banned while someone who sells 1,000 items a month can get 30 neg and ebay ignores it bc they are racking in the $
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

The only thing you can do is set up your buyer requirements to block any bidders with at least 2 unpaid strikes.

Selecting buyer requirements
My Sportscardalbum -> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jiggidy
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
No bc there is a link to report and if ebay feels like it they erase the feedback and actually send an email telling the person who left it that they have violated and abused ebay policies. I left neg feedback for sellers who ripped me off and I got the message that the neg were removed its a disgusting practice by ebay to allow feedback they deem wrong to be erased. if thats the case why not just get rid of the feedback bc someone sells 200-300 items a month and gets 10 negs gets banned while someone who sells 1,000 items a month can get 30 neg and ebay ignores it bc they are racking in the $
As the other side of that... I get maybe 2-3 negatives a year (in over 7,000 items sold usually)... I guarantee you 2 of those 3 are things as dumb as "it took 4 days to receive my item, i wanted it in three" or like in on case I just got hit with a few months back.. I opened a non paying bidders report on a person who told me they were committing a fraud in an ebay message. They lost the case, i got my fee's back, and got a nice little negative. That was 6-8 months ago and is still on my account.

Ebay does not protect high volume sellers.. they are just stupid in a general sense.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
As the other side of that... I get maybe 2-3 negatives a year (in over 7,000 items sold usually)... I guarantee you 2 of those 3 are things as dumb as "it took 4 days to receive my item, i wanted it in three" or like in on case I just got hit with a few months back.. I opened a non paying bidders report on a person who told me they were committing a fraud in an ebay message. They lost the case, i got my fee's back, and got a nice little negative. That was 6-8 months ago and is still on my account.

Ebay does not protect high volume sellers.. they are just stupid in a general sense.
Heres a prime example...
69,281 Positive
169 Neutral
59 Neg

eBay Feedback Profile for bigboydsportscards3
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Heres a prime example...
69,281 Positive
169 Neutral
59 Neg

eBay Feedback Profile for bigboydsportscards3
I'm not going to defend the guy in a general sense, but he has 99.8 positive and +4.8 DSR's... why should he be banned for that? He should be banned for the shilling BS (I think shilling could also be whipped out easily but that's another story).. he's feedback is fine though.

People zero in on the negs and neutrals... did you notice 70,000 positives there? lol

Last edited by Imac7065; 01-10-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)

The comments got removed because it is against eBay policies to leave a negative remark with a "positive" feedback. All the buyer has to do is contact eBay and they will remove it. I found a guide on eBay talking about it.

eBay Guides - Seller Feedback Scam Positive Mark w Negative Comment

Also this link look under the not allowed section:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...-comments.html
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggidy View Post
The comments got removed because it is against eBay policies to leave a negative remark with a "positive" feedback. All the buyer has to do is contact eBay and they will remove it. I found a guide on eBay talking about it.

eBay Guides - Seller Feedback Scam Positive Mark w Negative Comment

Also this link look under the not allowed section:

Inappropriate Feedback comments policy
saying "buyer never paid" isn't a negative comment... saying "guy is a scumbag" is though lol
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
saying "buyer never paid" isn't a negative comment... saying "guy is a scumbag" is though lol
Direct quote from the second link under the not allowed section:

Quote:
Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating
Saying a buyer never paid would be considered a negative statement.

Buyers have all the control in most situations on eBay.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #35 (permalink)

So if I understand this. A Seller cannot leave a negative rating AND they cant leave a positive rating w/ a negative remark. WTH?
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #36 (permalink)

Okay...the guy has been banned from ebay... which is good but it doesn't stop him from opening another.

I explained to the CS rep on the phone about the sensitivity of the card market and by having bidders like this ruins the credibility of the seller. He didn't quite understand and I don't blame him.. Unless you are in the hobby, you would have no idea why it matters...

I wish ebay can set up a special section and CS team for the card market. I assume it is a huge money making department for them and deals with issues like this. Also, a CC on file should be required for all buyers. If ebay keep saying a bid is a binding contract, they should have a way to enforce it.

Banks need to do their due diligence on their customers (and they are given them money!!) why can ebay do the same?? Legitimize the market place by make the buyer and seller accountable for their action...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #37 (permalink)

Default Got burned again by scammers

Have been trying to sell an Aaron Rodgers card on Ebay - twice now - britishoffi got me the first time and now bzanthemjob - got me this time. Have complained about this again to Ebay. Thanks for all the work you guys have done to keep the rest of us informed about these guys.
shinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #38 (permalink)

Most auction sites require you to have a credit card loaded... ebay should too, really.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote