Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #26 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,228
Default

My favorite part? Ebay removed 70% of the "positive" comments saying he never paid for these auctions, yet let him keep credit for the positive feedback. And his negs? Notta one removed

Lovely
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,950
Default

No bc there is a link to report and if ebay feels like it they erase the feedback and actually send an email telling the person who left it that they have violated and abused ebay policies. I left neg feedback for sellers who ripped me off and I got the message that the neg were removed its a disgusting practice by ebay to allow feedback they deem wrong to be erased. if thats the case why not just get rid of the feedback bc someone sells 200-300 items a month and gets 10 negs gets banned while someone who sells 1,000 items a month can get 30 neg and ebay ignores it bc they are racking in the $
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jiggidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,006
Default

The only thing you can do is set up your buyer requirements to block any bidders with at least 2 unpaid strikes.

Selecting buyer requirements
__________________
Collecting: Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, & Detroit Tigers
Amari Spievey Collector: 40/42 (95%) - Non 1 of 1's; 2/11(18%) - 1 of 1's; 0 Incoming
Lions HOF Collection: 14 RC's, 1 GU, 7 Autos
My Sportscardalbum -> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jiggidy
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #29 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
No bc there is a link to report and if ebay feels like it they erase the feedback and actually send an email telling the person who left it that they have violated and abused ebay policies. I left neg feedback for sellers who ripped me off and I got the message that the neg were removed its a disgusting practice by ebay to allow feedback they deem wrong to be erased. if thats the case why not just get rid of the feedback bc someone sells 200-300 items a month and gets 10 negs gets banned while someone who sells 1,000 items a month can get 30 neg and ebay ignores it bc they are racking in the $
As the other side of that... I get maybe 2-3 negatives a year (in over 7,000 items sold usually)... I guarantee you 2 of those 3 are things as dumb as "it took 4 days to receive my item, i wanted it in three" or like in on case I just got hit with a few months back.. I opened a non paying bidders report on a person who told me they were committing a fraud in an ebay message. They lost the case, i got my fee's back, and got a nice little negative. That was 6-8 months ago and is still on my account.

Ebay does not protect high volume sellers.. they are just stupid in a general sense.
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #30 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 16,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
As the other side of that... I get maybe 2-3 negatives a year (in over 7,000 items sold usually)... I guarantee you 2 of those 3 are things as dumb as "it took 4 days to receive my item, i wanted it in three" or like in on case I just got hit with a few months back.. I opened a non paying bidders report on a person who told me they were committing a fraud in an ebay message. They lost the case, i got my fee's back, and got a nice little negative. That was 6-8 months ago and is still on my account.

Ebay does not protect high volume sellers.. they are just stupid in a general sense.
Heres a prime example...
69,281 Positive
169 Neutral
59 Neg

eBay Feedback Profile for bigboydsportscards3
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #31 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srt42004n View Post
Heres a prime example...
69,281 Positive
169 Neutral
59 Neg

eBay Feedback Profile for bigboydsportscards3
I'm not going to defend the guy in a general sense, but he has 99.8 positive and +4.8 DSR's... why should he be banned for that? He should be banned for the shilling BS (I think shilling could also be whipped out easily but that's another story).. he's feedback is fine though.

People zero in on the negs and neutrals... did you notice 70,000 positives there? lol
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins

Last edited by Imac7065; 01-10-2013 at 11:36 AM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jiggidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,006
Default

The comments got removed because it is against eBay policies to leave a negative remark with a "positive" feedback. All the buyer has to do is contact eBay and they will remove it. I found a guide on eBay talking about it.

eBay Guides - Seller Feedback Scam Positive Mark w Negative Comment

Also this link look under the not allowed section:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/...-comments.html
__________________
Collecting: Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, & Detroit Tigers
Amari Spievey Collector: 40/42 (95%) - Non 1 of 1's; 2/11(18%) - 1 of 1's; 0 Incoming
Lions HOF Collection: 14 RC's, 1 GU, 7 Autos
My Sportscardalbum -> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jiggidy
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
Member
 
Imac7065's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggidy View Post
The comments got removed because it is against eBay policies to leave a negative remark with a "positive" feedback. All the buyer has to do is contact eBay and they will remove it. I found a guide on eBay talking about it.

eBay Guides - Seller Feedback Scam Positive Mark w Negative Comment

Also this link look under the not allowed section:

Inappropriate Feedback comments policy
saying "buyer never paid" isn't a negative comment... saying "guy is a scumbag" is though lol
__________________
For My Up to Date Inventory Please Check My Ebay Store: http://stores.ebay.com/Jeremys-Sports-Cards-and-Coins
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #34 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
jiggidy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
saying "buyer never paid" isn't a negative comment... saying "guy is a scumbag" is though lol
Direct quote from the second link under the not allowed section:

Quote:
Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating
Saying a buyer never paid would be considered a negative statement.

Buyers have all the control in most situations on eBay.
__________________
Collecting: Detroit Lions, Detroit Pistons, & Detroit Tigers
Amari Spievey Collector: 40/42 (95%) - Non 1 of 1's; 2/11(18%) - 1 of 1's; 0 Incoming
Lions HOF Collection: 14 RC's, 1 GU, 7 Autos
My Sportscardalbum -> http://sportscardalbum.com/u/jiggidy
jiggidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #35 (permalink)
Member
 
hawaiisean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Springfield, VA
Posts: 653
Default

So if I understand this. A Seller cannot leave a negative rating AND they cant leave a positive rating w/ a negative remark. WTH?
__________________
Bucket: http://s216.beta.photobucket.com/user/soberdick/library/
hawaiisean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #36 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,267
Default

Okay...the guy has been banned from ebay... which is good but it doesn't stop him from opening another.

I explained to the CS rep on the phone about the sensitivity of the card market and by having bidders like this ruins the credibility of the seller. He didn't quite understand and I don't blame him.. Unless you are in the hobby, you would have no idea why it matters...

I wish ebay can set up a special section and CS team for the card market. I assume it is a huge money making department for them and deals with issues like this. Also, a CC on file should be required for all buyers. If ebay keep saying a bid is a binding contract, they should have a way to enforce it.

Banks need to do their due diligence on their customers (and they are given them money!!) why can ebay do the same?? Legitimize the market place by make the buyer and seller accountable for their action...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
Default Got burned again by scammers

Have been trying to sell an Aaron Rodgers card on Ebay - twice now - britishoffi got me the first time and now bzanthemjob - got me this time. Have complained about this again to Ebay. Thanks for all the work you guys have done to keep the rest of us informed about these guys.
shinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:44 PM   #38 (permalink)
Member
 
hairyangryfella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 6,565
Default

Most auction sites require you to have a credit card loaded... ebay should too, really.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.