Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Sell or Keep Richardson?

I have over 20 richardson autos and I've been thinking about selling them because the Browns are not very good and I don't see him getting much better. Would you sell or keep his autos? Thanks!

PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/johnprovenzano
johnprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

At this point in time, you might as well hold and see what happens with their staff and draft for next season.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

keep, he had a pretty good year and was injured most of the year and still had double digit touchdowns, again, yes, the browns are bad but there on the rise, many good pieces in place and we are young, once we get that franchise QB we will be good to go and richardson will be that much better
Old 01-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

I agree with those arguments, thanks!

Old 01-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Definitely hold. He's selling for peanuts. With a 1500 yard/12 TD season, his prices will explode.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hold for another season or two, they sell would be my advise.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Coming from a browns fan, i can tell you that this team is on the rise. He will be an elite running back as early as next year.
Old 01-09-2013, 07:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker
Definitely hold. He's selling for peanuts. With a 1500 yard/12 TD season, his prices will explode.
id say he sells pretty good actually, his prices are up there, however you are correct, he has potential to get 1500 and 12 tds, if that happens then expect a big jump plus he can get more next year

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
Old 01-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprovenzano View Post
I have over 20 richardson autos and I've been thinking about selling them because the Browns are not very good and I don't see him getting much better. Would you sell or keep his autos? Thanks!
If you're really worried about it, hedge your bets.

Sell about half and keep the other half.
MasterPattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 PM   #10 (permalink)

Keep Them.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkovach06 View Post
id say he sells pretty good actually, his prices are up there, however you are correct, he has potential to get 1500 and 12 tds, if that happens then expect a big jump plus he can get more next year

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
My buddy pulled his black auto /50 from Sterling. $35-$40. Probably the best hit of the box and it won't even cover a pack.

He does not sell well.
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #12 (permalink)

See who they get as their new coach. As long as they're decent, the Browns should improve and TR should get a bump. He's an awesome back.
TheFrenzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:45 PM   #13 (permalink)

To me when I saw trent richardson in college I thought man this is gonna be the next great running back in the NFL, I saw an Adrian Peterson clone. Even with that offensive line at bama being the man eating beast that it is he still Impressed with his vision and illusiveness down field, I would say hold hold hold this guy can be very very good
ccrab1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:57 PM   #14 (permalink)

He nearly got a 1000 yds and missed a lot of time with his knee, then his ribs.

He will impress when healthy.
geezhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:03 AM   #15 (permalink)

Nice Richardson PC - impressive Inscriptions rainbow!

Unless you need cash, at this point in the season I don't think it's worth selling him.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks guys!!

Old 01-10-2013, 08:51 AM   #17 (permalink)

I personally think he is close to his ceiling if not already reached his ceiling. He is a good running back but is kind of injury prone and on a sub par team. (Sounds like AP) I don't think he compares to AP though. He is getting better values than 90% of all active running backs in this league. How long do u think that will last? That's just my opinion.

My Bucket: http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i385/getbig14/
GetBig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #18 (permalink)

From purely an investment standpoint, why would you hold? In the near term, there are no likely investment catalysts and he's already very highly priced. As the new draft class comes in and gets all the attention, prices will fall, especially over the offseason.

http://s66.photobucket.com/albums/h268/coltsfan23
http://www.flickr.com/photos/112087390@N03/sets/72157638871019534/
coltsfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
From purely an investment standpoint, why would you hold? In the near term, there are no likely investment catalysts and he's already very highly priced. As the new draft class comes in and gets all the attention, prices will fall, especially over the offseason.
They may fall in the offseason but as they get better, and he performs better i could see his prices going higher

Old 01-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #20 (permalink)

The problem with Richardson is he only had 3 games all year where he had a run of over 15 yards. In fact, eight of the games, he did not even have a run of 10 yards or more. He got at least ten carries in 14 of the 15 games he played in. So that leaves him with seven games where he got at least one ten-yard carry.

Out of 260+ carries, he only twice all year was able to get a 20+ yard run.

His backup, Hardesty, had six games where he had at least one ten-yard carry out of the ten games he got carries. Hardesty was doing this on way less carries.

Point being, Richardson is a reliable back who gets tough yards, but he is not very explosive at all. With a better team, he might be able to get a few more creases and get more 15-18 yard carries where he bulls his way through a guy or two, but I don't think he will ever be breaking off a ton of 25 yard carries like every other elite back in the game.

Ultimately, I would sell, just not yet. Wait until he somehow stumbles into a couple of good games.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
They may fall in the offseason but as they get better, and he performs better i could see his prices going higher
If you truly believe that, why wouldn't you sell now and buy back at lower prices in the off-season? Also, is there any reasoning for your belief they will rise in the future or purely hope? That's not to say you could or could not end up being right; it's just that, from an investment standpoint, you're more likely to do better overall if you sold right now.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coltsfan23 View Post
If you truly believe that, why wouldn't you sell now and buy back at lower prices in the off-season? Also, is there any reasoning for your belief they will rise in the future or purely hope? That's not to say you could or could not end up being right; it's just that, from an investment standpoint, you're more likely to do better overall if you sold right now.
this is the offseason so his prices have been declining a bit, these coming months would probably be the time to buy and when/if he breaks out would be the time to sell IMO

I was just trying to get some opinions on if some people believed he could/would break out in 2013 and its purely my hope he does lol

Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
this is the offseason so his prices have been declining a bit, these coming months would probably be the time to buy and when/if he breaks out would be the time to sell IMO

I was just trying to get some opinions on if some people believed he could/would break out in 2013 and its purely my hope he does lol
It's not the off-season yet; there are still three weeks until the season ends. Also, just because his prices are not the peak does not mean that they are "cheap." Although prices may or may not rise in the future, the price at which you obtain them at is what matters.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't sell now and buy back in a few months if you truly believe they will go down in the off-season, but I suppose you believe they will shoot straight up and never ever fall from current prices.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:47 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
The problem with Richardson is he only had 3 games all year where he had a run of over 15 yards. In fact, eight of the games, he did not even have a run of 10 yards or more. He got at least ten carries in 14 of the 15 games he played in. So that leaves him with seven games where he got at least one ten-yard carry.

Out of 260+ carries, he only twice all year was able to get a 20+ yard run.

His backup, Hardesty, had six games where he had at least one ten-yard carry out of the ten games he got carries. Hardesty was doing this on way less carries.

Point being, Richardson is a reliable back who gets tough yards, but he is not very explosive at all. With a better team, he might be able to get a few more creases and get more 15-18 yard carries where he bulls his way through a guy or two, but I don't think he will ever be breaking off a ton of 25 yard carries like every other elite back in the game.

Ultimately, I would sell, just not yet. Wait until he somehow stumbles into a couple of good games.
I have to disagree w/ part of your assessment of Richardson. He is a very explosive back but was somewhat limited by missing training camp then getting bruised ribs mid-way through the season. As the regular season concluded he still was sleeping in a chair b/c of the rib injury. In regards to the other backs they weren't a focal point of the defense when they came into games. When Richardson was in the game he became the focus of the defense and the passing game provided almost no help. While he lacks top notch speed Richardson has enough burst to make quite a few longer runs if given the opportunity b/c of health or surrounding talent. A banged up Richardson on a poor offense was still pretty amazing.
dfr52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

im pretty sure he ran under 4.5 in his 40 at the combine, i would say he has speed, he just had a sore knee and bad ribs, a 100% healthy richardson will get 1500 yards, he's also got power too, browns o-line is pretty solid but weeden was garbage, another big part of why trent wasn't as explosive, he was getting keyed because teams didn't care about weeden and i don't blame them, everytime i say his name i cringe, what a wasted pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfr52 View Post
I have to disagree w/ part of your assessment of Richardson. He is a very explosive back but was somewhat limited by missing training camp then getting bruised ribs mid-way through the season. As the regular season concluded he still was sleeping in a chair b/c of the rib injury. In regards to the other backs they weren't a focal point of the defense when they came into games. When Richardson was in the game he became the focus of the defense and the passing game provided almost no help. While he lacks top notch speed Richardson has enough burst to make quite a few longer runs if given the opportunity b/c of health or surrounding talent. A banged up Richardson on a poor offense was still pretty amazing.