Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
mmkyszka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,607
Default Hahahahaha I feel even worse for Jets fans if this happens.

https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN

Check out his first tweet. Got re-tweeted by Bears writter Brad Biggs thats what made me see it.

It says that the Jets will interview former Bears GM Jerry Angelo for their open GM spot. If you guys sign him, you will be in the cellar for YEARS. Awful awful GM and will only make things worse than they already are.
__________________
I collect Bears and BRANDON MARSHALL
Bucket: http://s1215.photobucket.com/home/mmkyszka/index
mmkyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
MarshallCutler6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 8,042
Default

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Who in the Hell would want Angelo? Worst Drafter In the NFL. Always overpaid in trades and In contracts for players. Awful, Just awful. I would feel bad for Jets fans if this happened, and trust me, its not easy to feel bad for them.
__________________
Collecting anything that interests me.
#TeamConnor
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
cjsayde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 832
Default

He's one of three executives being interviewed by the Jets TOMORROW. There's at least a dozen horses in this race. Don't think this is anything to worry about.
cjsayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
mmkyszka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Who in the Hell would want Angelo? Worst Drafter In the NFL. Always overpaid in trades and In contracts for players. Awful, Just awful. I would feel bad for Jets fans if this happened, and trust me, its not easy to feel bad for them.
To be fair, the one this he was decent at was drafting players in the middle to late rounds. Probably wasnt even him making those decisions anywayt
__________________
I collect Bears and BRANDON MARSHALL
Bucket: http://s1215.photobucket.com/home/mmkyszka/index
mmkyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
mmkyszka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 2,607
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsayde View Post
He's one of three executives being interviewed by the Jets TOMORROW. There's at least a dozen horses in this race. Don't think this is anything to worry about.
I know he probably wont get it, but the fact that anyone even gave him the slightest thought of an interview is just pathetic. Of any team that would though, it would be the Jets lol
__________________
I collect Bears and BRANDON MARSHALL
Bucket: http://s1215.photobucket.com/home/mmkyszka/index
mmkyszka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
briscogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chicago-ish area
Posts: 1,890
Default

Wow... That would be the most crap-tastic move the Jets could make. It would be like a trifecta of crap (GM, coach, QB). Someone fire up Hard Knocks: Jets part deux and let the fun begin!
briscogun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
88horsepower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: South Bay, California
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by briscogun View Post
Wow... That would be the most crap-tastic move the Jets could make. It would be like a trifecta of crap (GM, coach, QB). Someone fire up Hard Knocks: Jets part deux and let the fun begin!
Is it any wonder why the Patriots constantly win the title in that joke of a division? Seriously. The Jets can't help but play the clown every year, the Bills are a joke and the Fins are still trying to replace Dan Marino 15 years later.
__________________
Colts Rookie Autograph Supercollector Since 1996
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
fert360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: 37 14′ 6″ N, 115 48′ 40″ W
Posts: 1,871
Default

Hopefully they get Tom Gamble as I know him personally.
__________________
Football: ALL 49ers, TERRELL DAVIS
Baseball: All Giants, Michael Morse, HUNTER DOZIER
Basketball: Golden State Warriors, Gary Payton, Shawn Kemp, Klay Thompson
Niykee Heaton is the most beautiful girl in the world.
fert360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:57 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
newton615's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: boston
Posts: 3,331
Default

Why would you ever feel bad for a jet fan?
__________________
In Bill We Trust
newton615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
Strasburg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Empire State✈
Posts: 5,582
Send a message via Skype™ to Strasburg
Default

Were already in the cellar tho..
__________________
PC: Miguel Maysonet, Trevor Bauer, Michael Egnew,Giovanni Carmazzi, Dax McCarty
http://photobucket.com/albums/y359/nv7lax
Chelsea FC NY Jets✈ Penguins Ducks Red Bulls
Sent from U.S Airways WiFi
Strasburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
https://twitter.com/MMehtaNYDN

Check out his first tweet. Got re-tweeted by Bears writter Brad Biggs thats what made me see it.

It says that the Jets will interview former Bears GM Jerry Angelo for their open GM spot. If you guys sign him, you will be in the cellar for YEARS. Awful awful GM and will only make things worse than they already are.
I dont think that is possible
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,878
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I dont think that is possible

sure it could, Ryan could flip flop and try to appease the non-intelligent football fans who still want Tebow to be their starting QB
duwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
cking's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: In my house
Posts: 9,005
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwal View Post
sure it could, Ryan could flip flop and try to appease the non-intelligent football fans who still want Tebow to be their starting QB
I hate Tim Tebow. I mean I actually hate him. I sold every Sanchez card I owned except a Gold Refractor. I only kept that because I like Gold Refractors. And I am one more major Darrelle Revis injury away from taking a huge loss on a $12,000 pc of him. I give up. I have been a diehard Jets fan my whole life and I cannot stomach even watching them anymore. Literally. I will make other plans when they are on TV. Mark Sanchez is just horrible.
__________________
Always looking for Gridiron Kings cards. Framed,Autos,Jerseys and Patches.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 AM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 106
Default

Just do what I did man. Take all the teams that haven't won a championship..throw them in a hat and pick a new team...because god forbid you pick a team that won a superbowl 50 years ago that kids are hanging onto like a Bieber ticket which their dad wasn't even around to witness. Then spray yourself with holy water for a true cleansing and walk away. Went from being a Bills fan to a Seahawks fan with a warm feeling in my pants for the first time in 20+ years. Best thing I did last year.
SMHouston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 AM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
johnprovenzano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
I hate Tim Tebow. I mean I actually hate him. I sold every Sanchez card I owned except a Gold Refractor. I only kept that because I like Gold Refractors. And I am one more major Darrelle Revis injury away from taking a huge loss on a $12,000 pc of him. I give up. I have been a diehard Jets fan my whole life and I cannot stomach even watching them anymore. Literally. I will make other plans when they are on TV. Mark Sanchez is just horrible.
I agree with everything you said, i havent sold my sanchez stuff yet, but i got rid of ALL my Holmes because he is just an awful teammate.
__________________
PLEASE don't ask for my best price...MAKE AN OFFER

PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/johnprovenzano
johnprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Drdduet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 840
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprovenzano View Post
I agree with everything you said, i havent sold my sanchez stuff yet, but i got rid of ALL my Holmes because he is just an awful teammate.
Mark Sanchez is a bad Jay Cutler. But apologies to Bear/Cutler fans--Cutler will not win Chicago a championship. He's the Bear's weakest link, just as Sanchez is to the Jets.

If the Jets get the ex bears GM perhaps they'll go after Cutler. I can see Cutler in New York, they'd get marginally better, but that's about it.

The Bears need Matt Flynn IMO--who better to compete with Arod head to head. He knows there offense and with da Bears D getting some inside info it would be devastating for the Pack.
Drdduet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
johnprovenzano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHouston View Post
Just do what I did man. Take all the teams that haven't won a championship..throw them in a hat and pick a new team...because god forbid you pick a team that won a superbowl 50 years ago that kids are hanging onto like a Bieber ticket which their dad wasn't even around to witness. Then spray yourself with holy water for a true cleansing and walk away. Went from being a Bills fan to a Seahawks fan with a warm feeling in my pants for the first time in 20+ years. Best thing I did last year.
If it were only that easy
__________________
PLEASE don't ask for my best price...MAKE AN OFFER

PC: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/johnprovenzano
johnprovenzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:32 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
JosieD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,817
Default

I am willing to share my Eagles with all you Jets fan. To me, it seems like the lesser of two evils. Or you could just consider yourself a lucky that your QB isn't a dog killing, turn over happy, injury prone DB.
__________________
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; #TEAMCONNOR, Mental Health Awareness, St. Jude's Children's Hospital
"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery while on a detour." ~Author Unknown
JosieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.