Blowout Cards Forums

Blowout Cards Forums (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/)
-   FOOTBALL (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/)
-   -   Did the Treatment of Jay Cutler Ruin RG3's offseason? (http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/football/429137-did-treatment-jay-cutler-ruin-rg3s-offseason.html)

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 10:30 PM

Did the Treatment of Jay Cutler Ruin RG3's offseason?

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--robert-griffin-iii--other-nfl-players-likely-fearful-of--jay-cutler--treatment-224309228.html]Robert Griffin III, other NFL players likely fearful of 'Jay Cutler' treatment - Yahoo! Sports[/url]

^^^ Very Valid Points here. Jay Became one of the most hated players in the league because of Fans, other players, and the media crticizing Cutler for his sprained MCL during the NFC Championship. So is it possible that players, in this case RG3, stay in games despite extreme injury/pain because they dont want to be thought of by quitters by everyone in the league?

Just a thought. Discuss.

chasacar86 01-09-2013 10:32 PM

It's very valid...I could also see with it being the last game of the year, RGIII didn't wanna hold anything back.

mmkyszka 01-09-2013 10:33 PM

This is going to turn into another thread bashing Cutler saying hes a pu$$y and a cry baby and he sucks. Going to annoy me very much

Edit: I follow the forum on footballsfuture.com and there was a thread about this the day it happened in the Bears section. Didnt want to bring it up on here because I didnt want people taking it the wrong way

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 10:34 PM

[QUOTE=mmkyszka;3993434]This is going to turn into another thread bashing Cutler saying hes a pu$$y and a cry baby and he sucks. Going to annoy me very much[/QUOTE]

Just ignore it. That's what Ive learned to do. Hes an NFL QB, 50x tougher than any of us. Usually if you ignore it, 5-10 people will keep the thread on topic, however, if you reply to the comments it just turns into the great Cutler Debate.

pierrethomasfan 01-09-2013 10:39 PM

Nah because RG3 isn't a #@#@#@#@#@#@ like cutler :p

88horsepower 01-09-2013 10:41 PM

I'm all for a player sitting out if he's going to be a detriment to his team. I'm not saying RGIII should be criticized for wanting to play. After all, most players are just wired to want to play through injuries and fall on their sword, but it's insane that some of the same people that are critical of RGIII for playing through an obviously damaging injury are so hypercritical of players like Cutler or LT for sitting out in big games. You can't have it both ways.

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 10:41 PM

[QUOTE=mmkyszka;3993434]

Edit: I follow the forum on footballsfuture.com and there was a thread about this the day it happened in the Bears section. Didnt want to bring it up on here because I didnt want people taking it the wrong way[/QUOTE]

Its an extremely valid point. Jay is called all of these things soley because of this incident. So looking at it from any other Qbs standpoint, It is worth it to play through a bit of pain to keep your rep in tact, because nobody wants to go from being considered a top Starting QB to finishing 2nd in the Most hated players list because of an injury. And in this case it Cost RG3 his offseason, and, as it is looking now, part of next season.

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 10:47 PM

[QUOTE=88horsepower;3993487]I'm all for a player sitting out if he's going to be a detriment to his team. I'm not saying RGIII should be criticized for wanting to play. After all, most players are just wired to want to play through injuries and fall on their sword, [B]but it's insane that some of the same people that are critical of RGIII for playing through an obviously damaging injury are so hypercritical of players like Cutler or LT for sitting out in big games. You can't have it both ways.[/B][/QUOTE]

Very true. In this case though, it would have been better for him to take the @#!$ for sitting out, because he really got messed up by staying in that game.

mmkyszka 01-09-2013 10:50 PM

As soon as he started limping in the first half I thought he should have came out.

Say Cutler did stay in the game last season even though the doctors wouldnt let him play. Is this what could have happened to him??? I am for one happy that he sat out and I hope a speedy recover for RGIII

88horsepower 01-09-2013 10:53 PM

[QUOTE=MarshallCutler6;3993537]Very true. In this case though, it would have been better for him to take the @#!$ for sitting out, because he really got messed up by staying in that game.[/QUOTE]

No question in my mind, he should have sat out. And I'm not just saying that in hindsight. During the middle of the game I turned to my wife and we both exclaimed "The guy isn't right. I wonder how long before Shanahan pulls him." I'm not entirely sure if they necessarily would have won if they pulled RGIII, but the injury might cost them their future.

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 10:54 PM

[QUOTE=mmkyszka;3993554]As soon as he started limping in the first half I thought he should have came out.

Say Cutler did stay in the game last season even though the doctors wouldnt let him play. Is this what could have happened to him??? I am for one happy that he sat out and I hope a speedy recover for RGIII[/QUOTE]

Probably not as severe, but he could have torn his MCL without much trouble. I will take the all the people being critical of him if it meant that he would get to play the next year, and sure enough he did. Until the thumb that is.

mnvikingstwins 01-09-2013 10:55 PM

If RG3's good knee bent in like that, he would have suffered the same injury. He might have been favoring his other knee, but the final injury could have happened to any QB on a bad snap and crappy field

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 10:58 PM

[QUOTE=mnvikingstwins;3993606]If RG3's good knee bent in like that, he would have suffered the same injury. He might have been favoring his other knee, but the final injury could have happened to any QB on a bad snap and crappy field[/QUOTE]

The reason his knee bent like that is because the ligiments were torn, a normal knee would not bend like that on that play, but since his LCL and ACL were partially torn, the bad snap was enough to finish the job.

mmkyszka 01-09-2013 11:00 PM

[QUOTE=mnvikingstwins;3993606]If RG3's good knee bent in like that, he would have suffered the same injury. He might have been favoring his other knee, but the final injury could have happened to any QB on a bad snap and crappy field[/QUOTE]

the reason it bent like that so easily was because it was so weak from previously tearing it in 09, and already being hurt before the game. Then he tweaked it in the first half. A knee can only take so much before eventually it gives out.

mmkyszka 01-09-2013 11:03 PM

[QUOTE=MarshallCutler6;3993637]The reason his knee bent like that is because the ligiments were torn, a normal knee would not bend like that on that play, but since his LCL and ACL were partially torn, the bad snap was enough to finish the job.[/QUOTE]

Took the words right out of my mouth and beat me to it lol. Its kind of scary how alike most of our posts are

The Madbacker 01-09-2013 11:08 PM

Apples to Oranges.

Cutler is hated by the media, RG3 is loved by the media

Cutler's injury wasn't bad while RG3's was

Cutler pouted on the sidelines and watched Hanie get mauled, RG3 would've cheered on Cousins

Wild Card game vs NFC Championship

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 11:09 PM

[QUOTE=mmkyszka;3993669]Took the words right out of my mouth and beat me to it lol. Its kind of scary how alike most of our posts are[/QUOTE]

Maybe were the same person. Lets test it out, you send that Cutler 1/1 to me and if it shows up at your house we must be the same person, and if it shows up at my house Ill just keep it because its too expensive to resend a card like that.:devil::devil:

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 11:12 PM

[QUOTE=The Madbacker;3993716]Apples to Oranges.

Cutler is hated by the media, RG3 is loved by the media: [B]Cutler wasnt hated by anyone outside of Denver until the injury.[/B]

Cutler's injury wasn't bad while RG3's was: [B]An injured knee ligiment is an injured knee ligiment, Cutler just got out before the MCL tore.[/B]

Cutler pouted on the sidelines and watched Hanie get mauled, RG3 would've cheered on Cousins: [B]Show me where Cutler Pouted on the Sidelines, Id like to see where youre getting this from.[/B]

Wild Card game vs NFC Championship:[B]Playoffs are Playoffs, Youre still out if you lose.[/b][/QUOTE]

Answers in Bold.

mmkyszka 01-09-2013 11:14 PM

[QUOTE=The Madbacker;3993716]Apples to Oranges.

Cutler is hated by the media, RG3 is loved by the media

Cutler's injury wasn't bad while RG3's was

Cutler pouted on the sidelines and watched Hanie get mauled, RG3 would've cheered on Cousins

Wild Card game vs NFC Championship[/QUOTE]

How did he pout on the sidelines? Cause he wasnt jumping up and down showing emotions? What did you expect him to do? Run up and down the sidelines next to the play?

1eyed_jack 01-09-2013 11:15 PM

[QUOTE=MarshallCutler6;3993443]Just ignore it. That's what Ive learned to do. Hes an NFL QB, [B]50x tougher than any of us.[/B] Usually if you ignore it, 5-10 people will keep the thread on topic, however, if you reply to the comments it just turns into the great Cutler Debate.[/QUOTE]

You realize he plays football right?

There are military people, police officers, fireman etc...on here.

He plays a game

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=1eyed_jack;3993780]You realize he plays football right?

He plays a game[/QUOTE]

I was exaggerating to make a point, nothing more, nothing less. I realize there are some very tough people on here that have felt pain way worse then we can imagine. But most of those people dont take part in the bashing of Cutler, the Cutler Bashers is more who I was reffering to.

Army19K 01-09-2013 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=1eyed_jack;3993780]You realize he plays football right?

He plays a game[/QUOTE]

I was going to say something along the lines of we would see how tough he is after a 15 month deployment ot afghanisuck, but we choose to do this job, just like Cutler, we just make way less :)!

MarshallCutler6 01-09-2013 11:26 PM

[QUOTE=Army19K;3993855]I was going to say something along the lines of we would see how tough he is after a 15 month deployment ot afghanisuck, but we choose to do this job, just like Cutler, we just make way less :)![/QUOTE]

Hey I wanted to thank you for nominating me to win that Cutler Patch if you won that contest the other day. It was very nice of you and I appreciate it.

The Madbacker 01-09-2013 11:27 PM

[QUOTE=MarshallCutler6;3993755]Answers in Bold.[/QUOTE]

Jesus Christ, Homertron activate. Cutler sat on the bench, stuck his lower lip out and refused to be a team player.

He's a #@#@#@#@#@#@, plain and simple, he doesn't want to win and he's all about himself.

Oh yeah, he's a sh!tty quarterback who makes erratic throws and only has love eyes for Marshall. Great for fantasy, terrible in real life.

The Madbacker 01-09-2013 11:31 PM

[IMG]http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l179/ryanschear/Funny%20Pictures/jay-cutler-bed_zpsd36bc801.jpg[/IMG]