Blowout Cards Forums
Labor Day

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Did the Treatment of Jay Cutler Ruin RG3's offseason?

Robert Griffin III, other NFL players likely fearful of 'Jay Cutler' treatment - Yahoo! Sports

^^^ Very Valid Points here. Jay Became one of the most hated players in the league because of Fans, other players, and the media crticizing Cutler for his sprained MCL during the NFC Championship. So is it possible that players, in this case RG3, stay in games despite extreme injury/pain because they dont want to be thought of by quitters by everyone in the league?

Just a thought. Discuss.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

It's very valid...I could also see with it being the last game of the year, RGIII didn't wanna hold anything back.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:33 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is going to turn into another thread bashing Cutler saying hes a pu$$y and a cry baby and he sucks. Going to annoy me very much

Edit: I follow the forum on footballsfuture.com and there was a thread about this the day it happened in the Bears section. Didnt want to bring it up on here because I didnt want people taking it the wrong way
Old 01-09-2013, 10:34 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
This is going to turn into another thread bashing Cutler saying hes a pu$$y and a cry baby and he sucks. Going to annoy me very much
Just ignore it. That's what Ive learned to do. Hes an NFL QB, 50x tougher than any of us. Usually if you ignore it, 5-10 people will keep the thread on topic, however, if you reply to the comments it just turns into the great Cutler Debate.

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 01-09-2013 at 10:37 PM.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Nah because RG3 isn't a #@#@#@#@#@#@ like cutler
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)

I'm all for a player sitting out if he's going to be a detriment to his team. I'm not saying RGIII should be criticized for wanting to play. After all, most players are just wired to want to play through injuries and fall on their sword, but it's insane that some of the same people that are critical of RGIII for playing through an obviously damaging injury are so hypercritical of players like Cutler or LT for sitting out in big games. You can't have it both ways.
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:

Edit: I follow the forum on footballsfuture.com and there was a thread about this the day it happened in the Bears section. Didnt want to bring it up on here because I didnt want people taking it the wrong way
Its an extremely valid point. Jay is called all of these things soley because of this incident. So looking at it from any other Qbs standpoint, It is worth it to play through a bit of pain to keep your rep in tact, because nobody wants to go from being considered a top Starting QB to finishing 2nd in the Most hated players list because of an injury. And in this case it Cost RG3 his offseason, and, as it is looking now, part of next season.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
I'm all for a player sitting out if he's going to be a detriment to his team. I'm not saying RGIII should be criticized for wanting to play. After all, most players are just wired to want to play through injuries and fall on their sword, but it's insane that some of the same people that are critical of RGIII for playing through an obviously damaging injury are so hypercritical of players like Cutler or LT for sitting out in big games. You can't have it both ways.
Very true. In this case though, it would have been better for him to take the @#!$ for sitting out, because he really got messed up by staying in that game.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

As soon as he started limping in the first half I thought he should have came out.

Say Cutler did stay in the game last season even though the doctors wouldnt let him play. Is this what could have happened to him??? I am for one happy that he sat out and I hope a speedy recover for RGIII
Old 01-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallCutler6 View Post
Very true. In this case though, it would have been better for him to take the @#!$ for sitting out, because he really got messed up by staying in that game.
No question in my mind, he should have sat out. And I'm not just saying that in hindsight. During the middle of the game I turned to my wife and we both exclaimed "The guy isn't right. I wonder how long before Shanahan pulls him." I'm not entirely sure if they necessarily would have won if they pulled RGIII, but the injury might cost them their future.
Current Most Wanted Non 1/1 Cards: 1999 Playoff Contenders SSD Speed Terrence Wilkins Auto, 2003 Leaf Limited Gold Monikers Dallas Clark Auto, 2005 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Emerald Auto Marlin Jackson
88horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
As soon as he started limping in the first half I thought he should have came out.

Say Cutler did stay in the game last season even though the doctors wouldnt let him play. Is this what could have happened to him??? I am for one happy that he sat out and I hope a speedy recover for RGIII
Probably not as severe, but he could have torn his MCL without much trouble. I will take the all the people being critical of him if it meant that he would get to play the next year, and sure enough he did. Until the thumb that is.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

If RG3's good knee bent in like that, he would have suffered the same injury. He might have been favoring his other knee, but the final injury could have happened to any QB on a bad snap and crappy field
Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
mnvikingstwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
If RG3's good knee bent in like that, he would have suffered the same injury. He might have been favoring his other knee, but the final injury could have happened to any QB on a bad snap and crappy field
The reason his knee bent like that is because the ligiments were torn, a normal knee would not bend like that on that play, but since his LCL and ACL were partially torn, the bad snap was enough to finish the job.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvikingstwins View Post
the reason it bent like that so easily was because it was so weak from previously tearing it in 09, and already being hurt before the game. Then he tweaked it in the first half. A knee can only take so much before eventually it gives out.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
The reason his knee bent like that is because the ligiments were torn, a normal knee would not bend like that on that play, but since his LCL and ACL were partially torn, the bad snap was enough to finish the job.
Took the words right out of my mouth and beat me to it lol. Its kind of scary how alike most of our posts are
Old 01-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Apples to Oranges.

Cutler is hated by the media, RG3 is loved by the media

Cutler's injury wasn't bad while RG3's was

Cutler pouted on the sidelines and watched Hanie get mauled, RG3 would've cheered on Cousins

Wild Card game vs NFC Championship
The Madbacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Took the words right out of my mouth and beat me to it lol. Its kind of scary how alike most of our posts are
Maybe were the same person. Lets test it out, you send that Cutler 1/1 to me and if it shows up at your house we must be the same person, and if it shows up at my house Ill just keep it because its too expensive to resend a card like that.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:12 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Apples to Oranges.

Cutler is hated by the media, RG3 is loved by the media: Cutler wasnt hated by anyone outside of Denver until the injury.

Cutler's injury wasn't bad while RG3's was: An injured knee ligiment is an injured knee ligiment, Cutler just got out before the MCL tore.

Cutler pouted on the sidelines and watched Hanie get mauled, RG3 would've cheered on Cousins: Show me where Cutler Pouted on the Sidelines, Id like to see where youre getting this from.

Wild Card game vs NFC Championship:Playoffs are Playoffs, Youre still out if you lose.
Answers in Bold.

Last edited by MarshallCutler6; 01-09-2013 at 11:15 PM.
MarshallCutler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Madbacker View Post
Apples to Oranges.

Cutler is hated by the media, RG3 is loved by the media

Cutler's injury wasn't bad while RG3's was

Cutler pouted on the sidelines and watched Hanie get mauled, RG3 would've cheered on Cousins

Wild Card game vs NFC Championship
How did he pout on the sidelines? Cause he wasnt jumping up and down showing emotions? What did you expect him to do? Run up and down the sidelines next to the play?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Just ignore it. That's what Ive learned to do. Hes an NFL QB, 50x tougher than any of us. Usually if you ignore it, 5-10 people will keep the thread on topic, however, if you reply to the comments it just turns into the great Cutler Debate.
You realize he plays football right?

There are military people, police officers, fireman etc...on here.

He plays a game
1eyed_jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post

He plays a game
I was exaggerating to make a point, nothing more, nothing less. I realize there are some very tough people on here that have felt pain way worse then we can imagine. But most of those people dont take part in the bashing of Cutler, the Cutler Bashers is more who I was reffering to.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1eyed_jack View Post

He plays a game
I was going to say something along the lines of we would see how tough he is after a 15 month deployment ot afghanisuck, but we choose to do this job, just like Cutler, we just make way less
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army19K View Post
I was going to say something along the lines of we would see how tough he is after a 15 month deployment ot afghanisuck, but we choose to do this job, just like Cutler, we just make way less
Hey I wanted to thank you for nominating me to win that Cutler Patch if you won that contest the other day. It was very nice of you and I appreciate it.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Answers in Bold.
Jesus Christ, Homertron activate. Cutler sat on the bench, stuck his lower lip out and refused to be a team player.

He's a #@#@#@#@#@#@, plain and simple, he doesn't want to win and he's all about himself.

Oh yeah, he's a sh!tty quarterback who makes erratic throws and only has love eyes for Marshall. Great for fantasy, terrible in real life.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned