Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question Russell Wilson Chrome Autos

I just bought a Topps Chrome Camo redemption of Russell Wilson. I am 98% sure I am going to redeem it and get the blue wave pack as well. But what I am wondering is...will the card be worth half what I paid for it when topps finally gets it back to me?? I know this all depends on how far the seahawks go in the playoffs. But want people opinions. I know that if the hawks lose Sunday I will be redeeming it for sure, but if they win and Russell plays well I could see this card going way up. Sell at that point or redeem?? Opinions pleaseeeeeee
Old 01-10-2013, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)

So if he loses, redeem it and hold onto it 'til next season? Sounds good to me.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodfella View Post
So if he loses, redeem it and hold onto it 'til next season? Sounds good to me.
But if he wins, sell now?? Or hold and see if he wins the super bowl?? Guess its like the stock market, U just never know haha
Old 01-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #4 (permalink)

I mean it's a risk reward situation. If they win this week he's probably going to go up another 10-20% if he makes the super bowl probalby 20-30% more if he wins the super bowl sky's the limit. So do you want to risk taking the chance or sell if he wins. Deicision you have to make no one can see the future.
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

I got a couple of them at $40 a piece - so I'm convinced they will be higher regardless if he loses in the next round. It depends on what you paid for it.
kl4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixstar View Post
I mean it's a risk reward situation. If they win this week he's probably going to go up another 10-20% if he makes the super bowl probalby 20-30% more if he wins the super bowl sky's the limit. So do you want to risk taking the chance or sell if he wins. Deicision you have to make no one can see the future.
Thanks for the info!
Old 01-10-2013, 03:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Either way if you sell now and they lose these will prob drop a few $ but by the time Topps Sends them it will be better to hold.
Srt42004n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)

Lets not kid ourselves here... Seahawks have a good team, but they not winning or even make it to the SB... Don't get me wrong, I wish he goes all the way so more $$$ I can get for him when I sell his cards...but I don't think it will happen...

As for your situation, if you don't need the cash... redeem it and hope Topps comes through in good time... and load this cards up for next season... the card won't go down that much if at all in the off season, but if he has a newton like 2nd season then you gonna have a problem...
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:52 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wegoingsizzler View Post
Lets not kid ourselves here... Seahawks have a good team, but they not winning or even make it to the SB... Don't get me wrong, I wish he goes all the way so more $$$ I can get for him when I sell his cards...but I don't think it will happen...

As for your situation, if you don't need the cash... redeem it and hope Topps comes through in good time... and load this cards up for next season... the card won't go down that much if at all in the off season, but if he has a newton like 2nd season then you gonna have a problem...

Why aren't they winning or even going to the SB? They just need two things to happen
  1. Beat Atlanta. Atlanta Favored by Two. Home Field Advantage is +3. Means that on according to strictly matchup, Vegas has Seattle the favorite by 1
  2. Beat winner of Green Bay/49ers. They beat both of these teams. Don't want to hear about Fail Mary vs. Green Bay. Different team today than the team they were in Green Bay. Then, just dropped 42 points on the niners.

So, Beat Atlanta (which they are favored to do if you don't include home field advantage...how'd that home field advantage work out for the Redskins?) then beat a team they've beat already.

Seems plausible to me.

www.JortsCenter.com
Bullpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpup View Post
Why aren't they winning or even going to the SB? They just need two things to happen
  1. Beat Atlanta. Atlanta Favored by Two. Home Field Advantage is +3. Means that on according to strictly matchup, Vegas has Seattle the favorite by 1
  2. Beat winner of Green Bay/49ers. They beat both of these teams. Don't want to hear about Fail Mary vs. Green Bay. Different team today than the team they were in Green Bay. Then, just dropped 42 points on the niners.

So, Beat Atlanta (which they are favored to do if you don't include home field advantage...how'd that home field advantage work out for the Redskins?) then beat a team they've beat already.

Seems plausible to me.
I'll give you Atlanta game, but the way I see it that GB will beat the 49ers and which means Seattle will have to play GB in GB again... and GB is also a different team now... and they will use the "fail mary" as additional motivation to beat the you know what out of the seahawks...

I think it will be GB vs New England for the SB... Since the Giants never made it in, I can see things more objectively...lol... easy pick'n last week... this week (no line just picking winners)...

Seahawks
GB
Pats
Ravens
wegoingsizzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullpup View Post

Seems plausible to me.
Only one hole in that scenario and that is Matt Ryan is 33-6 at home including playoffs...not a bad record to have, although he is 0-3 in the playoffs to be fair..
Razorsharp79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
Only one hole in that scenario and that is Matt Ryan is 33-6 at home including playoffs...not a bad record to have, although he is 0-3 in the playoffs to be fair..

Just pointing this out....
Verufian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)

I put Matty 'Ice' in the same category as Flacco...in those quarterbacks that will always be considered 'decent-to-good' but never be involved in elite discussion.

Only problem with Matty is that Flacco has a good defense to fall back on, while Matt doesn't. Michael Turner is nowhere near the same player he was 4 years ago before all the injuries. So Matt's going to sling the ball....a lot.

Gonzales is going to be the big x-factor in this game...and I think if the Hawks can contain him, it's a wrap. Marshawn will easily get his 120+ and I think Wilson will put up huge numbers against that soft secondary both in passing and rushing.

Should be exciting, though.
ninjacookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:35 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorsharp79 View Post
that moment when Matty Ice realizes Russell Wilson has more playoff wins than him.

www.JortsCenter.com
Bullpup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:25 AM   #15 (permalink)

as soon as his season is over prices will start to die down.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verufian View Post
Just pointing this out....
Matt Ryan and the Falcons are trash
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnb0123 View Post
I just bought a Topps Chrome Camo redemption of Russell Wilson. I am 98% sure I am going to redeem it and get the blue wave pack as well. But what I am wondering is...will the card be worth half what I paid for it when topps finally gets it back to me?? I know this all depends on how far the seahawks go in the playoffs. But want people opinions. I know that if the hawks lose Sunday I will be redeeming it for sure, but if they win and Russell plays well I could see this card going way up. Sell at that point or redeem?? Opinions pleaseeeeeee
I got a pink one I redeemed win or lose I think this kid is the real deal and will be good next year also so its a win win situation for you
Old 01-30-2013, 04:25 PM   #18 (permalink)

Topps just tweeted

@toppscards: Spent afternoon with @DangeRussWilson signing his @toppscards RT and follow for chance to win one!! Twitter / toppscards: Spent afternoon with ...

He's holding what looks like a five star rookie but hopefully he also signed his chrome.
trixstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:50 PM   #19 (permalink)

very cool...
I see that they're tweeting more about addl autos. Hopefully a preview of Chrome is coming shortly.