Blowout Cards Forums
Baseball Card Singles

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Most underrated product?

Inception to me. love the look and thick stock/on card autos. doesnt get any better than that

Be sure to look at my COMC port, almost always the lowest price!
maryvillereb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'd agree if it weren't for the chipping issues which make a lot of really great looking cards look pretty bad

I think everyone knows what mine is.........
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:57 PM   #3 (permalink)

Inception has gone downhill since it started, chipping has gotten worse and it looks terrible with sticker autos. When it first came out I loved it, thought it would be the next big thing. But it has gotten worse instead of better.

The Crown Royale die-cuts are great like the one in zonacats8's avatar. But the product is so terrible if you don't hit one it's hard to like. But I guess because of those cards and the price it's a little underrated.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's got a hefty price tag for one pack, but I really dig the look of Panini Black.
Cubsbball25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by friarbolt View Post
Inception has gone downhill since it started, chipping has gotten worse and it looks terrible with sticker autos. When it first came out I loved it, thought it would be the next big thing. But it has gotten worse instead of better.

The Crown Royale die-cuts are great like the one in zonacats8's avatar. But the product is so terrible if you don't hit one it's hard to like. But I guess because of those cards and the price it's a little underrated.
You absolutely don't need to hit a silhouette in 2011 Crown to have a good box, there's plenty of other great hits to pull. Granted my luck with that product has been absolutely crazy lately, but I've pulled lots of great hits that weren't silhouettes

But the 2011 silhouettes are what makes the product so great IMO, for my money it's the best designed card ever
zonacats8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonacats8 View Post
You absolutely don't need to hit a silhouette in 2011 Crown to have a good box, there's plenty of other great hits to pull. Granted my luck with that product has been absolutely crazy lately, but I've pulled lots of great hits that weren't silhouettes

But the 2011 silhouettes are what makes the product so great IMO, for my money it's the best designed card ever
I think it's pretty meh outside of the die-cuts, but most products are. The fact that it holds the potential for such a nice card it what sets it apart from other products in it's price range.

Personally I liked 2010 a lot more for the die-cuts. They overproduced rookies in 2011, there were patch auto die-cuts numbered in the hundreds. In 2010 the jersey auto die-cuts were rare and patch versions were even more rare. I have both versions for Ryan Mathews, the jersey version is only /50 and the patch version /10. They are super tough to find and look awesome. They carry a nice premium as a result.
My Bucket, always selling and trading: http://s1204.photobucket.com/user/kramerattack/library/
friarbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryvillereb View Post
Inception to me. love the look and thick stock/on card autos. doesnt get any better than that
inception would've have been early season product of the year had it not been for the insane chipping...other than that it's great...if...you don't mind 00's everywhere.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

2010 Epix. The first box I opened from a random hobby shop I found in Connecticut yielded a Tony Dorsett Autographed Letterman. After that I was hooked. And for $50-$60 bucks a box, you can't go wrong.
BigNate is offline   Reply With Quote