Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 10:09 PM   #126 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
Hang on...

So let's say I buy a box of exquisite and my best hit is a Jordan Todman. According to your logic, I shouldn't accept anything less than $450. Anything else is a "low price", even if others sell for $430 less. And if someone needs it who already has one or more, I'll drive up the price even higher, because there's a "higher demand".
I think it is a little different, because there are only 5 of the card. I understand people having their own prices when it comes to rarer cards, but $200 is absurd.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #127 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBurg View Post
I think it is a little different, because there are only 5 of the card. I understand people having their own prices when it comes to rarer cards, but $200 is absurd.
His $50 was absurd. I'll overpay for a card I need, but not 4X the worth of the card.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:10 PM   #128 (permalink)

Quote:
I never thought I would agree with you, but.......
Hahahhaha appreciate it
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Hang on...

So let's say I buy a box of exquisite and my best hit is a Jordan Todman. According to your logic, I shouldn't accept anything less than $450. Anything else is a "low price", even if others sell for $430 less. And if someone needs it who already has one or more, I'll drive up the price even higher, because there's a "higher demand".
Considering that you're preaching about logic, this response is ridiculous. Did I say he should sell it for the entire box price or anything like that? Why should or would you sell a low-numbered card, possibly your best hit, for such a low percentage out your outlay just because some stranger says that you should?

Quote:
His $50 was absurd. I'll overpay for a card I need, but not 4X the worth of the card.
In the scheme of things, $50 isn't a massively far-fetched price. Yes, it's probably overpriced, but if you "need" a card sometimes you have to pay the asking price. I've massively overpaid for PC cards because sometimes that's the only option you have. Did I create a thread and cry about someone selling for more than I wanted to pay? No. I'm an adult.
hairyangryfella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:18 PM   #130 (permalink)

Quote:
Did I piss you off in an earlier thread? You are going out of your way just to try to come at me. Seems pretty childish...

Nope. Not at all. I just despise people like you. Piss and moan and complain when you don't get your way. Most likely the type of person that was protected and coddled by your mommy. But then the second you get your way, everything is ok again. Why are you asking that people not continue talking about this thread? Now that you got your way you are remorseful and realize you were out of line? Be thankful someone who is trying to rebuild their image got the card. If it was me, this would have happened to your card too.

Yankees free cards - blogTV
mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #131 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Considering that you're preaching about logic, this response is ridiculous. Did I say he should sell it for the entire box price or anything like that? Why should or would you sell a low-numbered card, possibly your best hit, for such a low percentage out your outlay just because some stranger says that you should?

In the scheme of things, $50 isn't a massively far-fetched price. Yes, it's probably overpriced, but if you "need" a card sometimes you have to pay the asking price. I've massively overpaid for PC cards because sometimes that's the only option you have. Did I create a thread and cry about someone selling for more than I wanted to pay? No. I'm an adult.
You just said that it's fine to list it for the $200 for the box! Jesus H. Christ, do you have Alzheimer's? Probably overpriced? It's extremely overpriced. If better versions went for $15, $50 is acceptable? I'm not looking for attention, I just wanted to vent and now the internet tough guys like you come out on this thread. You love threads like this, I bet. And who gives a sh!t on you overpaying? Congratulations, you lost money.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #132 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Nope. Not at all. I just despise people like you. Piss and moan and complain when you don't get your way. Most likely the type of person that was protected and coddled by your mommy. But then the second you get your way, everything is ok again. Why are you asking that people not continue talking about this thread? Now that you got your way you are remorseful and realize you were out of line? Be thankful someone who is trying to rebuild their image got the card. If it was me, this would have happened to your card too.

Yankees free cards - blogTV
I wasn't going to bring my problems into this, and I won't, but posts like this kill me. Who the @#@# do you think you are to be able to talk down to me? What makes you so special that you have to take all this anger out on me? What have you done to deserve the right to be a d!ck? Charity work? Save a life? I'm repaying Alex back even though he said he's giving it to me for free. In fact, he's getting the better end. I'm grateful for his help. So why do you have this feeling like you are so high class?
Old 01-12-2013, 10:25 PM   #133 (permalink)

Quote:
So if, for example, you paid $200 for a couple of boxes of a product, your only decent pull is this card numbered out of 5, you should sell it for a low price because somebody 'needs' it? Mate, move along.
Quote:
You just said that it's fine to list it for the $200 for the box! Jesus H. Christ, do you have Alzheimer's? Probably overpriced? It's extremely overpriced. If better versions went for $15, $50 is acceptable? I'm not looking for attention, I just wanted to vent and now the internet tough guys like you come out on this thread. You love threads like this, I bet. And who gives a sh!t on you overpaying? Congratulations, you lost money.
Clearly your comprehension skills are not that of an adult either...

Did I say you should list it for the price of the box? Nope.
I said why should you sell it for a low price. If you've paid $200 for a couple of boxes and somebody offers you $17 for your top card, how would you react? Based on this thread you'd probably burst into tears and create a thread about it...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #134 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Clearly your comprehension skills are not that of an adult either...

Did I say you should list it for the price of the box? Nope.
I said why should you sell it for a low price. If you've paid $200 for a couple of boxes and somebody offers you $17 for your top card, how would you react? Based on this thread you'd probably burst into tears and create a thread about it...
$200 for boxes, $200 for card. Clearly you're a bigger idiot than you let on. And that's saying a lot. If my cards were worth $17, and got an offer of $17. I'd take it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:28 PM   #135 (permalink)

This reminds me of one of those "What's my card worth?" threads where the OP throws a big fit because everyone doesn't agree with him.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #136 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
This reminds me of one of those "What's my card worth?" threads where the OP throws a big fit because everyone doesn't agree with him.
The difference is I know what this card is worth.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #137 (permalink)

Quote:
I wasn't going to bring my problems into this, and I won't, but posts like this kill me. Who the @#@# do you think you are to be able to talk down to me? What makes you so special that you have to take all this anger out on me? What have you done to deserve the right to be a d!ck? Charity work? Save a life? I'm repaying Alex back even though he said he's giving it to me for free. In fact, he's getting the better end. I'm grateful for his help. So why do you have this feeling like you are so high class?
Oh my. I'm soooo sorry. You have problems. I didn't know. I should have been more sensitive to your needs.

If you can't handle it maybe you should think twice before making a thread about someone else where you basically do the exact same thing that you are accusing me of doing. Go ask mommy, Army or PTF to tell you that you are still special and the mean people need to stop.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 PM   #138 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Oh my. I'm soooo sorry. You have problems. I didn't know. I should have been more sensitive to your needs.

If you can't handle it maybe you should think twice before making a thread about someone else where you basically do the exact same thing that you are accusing me of doing. Go ask mommy, Army or PTF to tell you that you are still special and the mean people need to stop.
Answer the questions. And you don't know me. You don't know my life.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:35 PM   #139 (permalink)

Well, looks like the card sold for a whopping $25... this is a funny @$$ thread.

-Buy #/% off...2/10%, 3/15%, 4/20%, 5+/25%
-Since when were cards made of gold?!?!
usafshelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #140 (permalink)

Quote:
$200 for boxes, $200 for card. Clearly you're a bigger idiot than you let on. And that's saying a lot. If my cards were worth $17, and got an offer of $17. I'd take it.
Ask most of the other people posting here and I think you'll find it's YOU that are the idiot...
Just because you don't understand, no need to be all angry about it.

You also don't sound like much of a good seller. If somebody (who might have been willing to pay $50) offers you market value on an item you'll instantly accept it? What if you knew that 2 out of the 5 that were made were already locked up in a collection, or if you knew that this particular person was going for the print run, would you still leave possible profits/money on the table?

Keep posting, it's quite amusing.

But let us know when you have to go down for a nap. I don't even want to think about the state of your diaper right now...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #141 (permalink)

Quote:
The difference is I know what this card is worth.
No. The difference is that you know what this card is worth to YOU.

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:37 PM   #142 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Ask most of the other people posting here and I think you'll find it's YOU that are the idiot...
Just because you don't understand, no need to be all angry about it.

You also don't sound like much of a good seller. If somebody (who might have been willing to pay $50) offers you market value on an item you'll instantly accept it? What if you knew that 2 out of the 5 that were made were already locked up in a collection, or if you knew that this particular person was going for the print run, would you still leave possible profits/money on the table?

Keep posting, it's quite amusing.

But let us know when you have to go down for a nap. I don't even want to think about the state of your diaper right now...
Holy sh!t you're funny. Take advantage of people and call them names. It'll take you far in life. Way to make yourself feel better on an internet message board.

Last edited by sunsfan8; 01-12-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #143 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
No. The difference is that you know what this card is worth to YOU.
No. The card is worth $15-$20. Just like my other 2.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:40 PM   #144 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
hey now.. don't go there on Marino.. guys a dbag but he's the best passer in NFL history. Just ask QB's
LMAO nice one marinos not even top 4 in history. peyton manning Montana young aikman all come to mind. and theres a good argument to put brady at number 5
JonMead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #145 (permalink)

Quote:
Holy sh!t you're funny. Take advantage of people and cell them names. It'll take you far in life. Way to make yourself feel better on an internet message board.
How am I taking advantage of anyone here? I certainly don't have any intention to 'cell' people names. I might 'mobile' them names but I wouldn't stoop to the 'cell' level...
Also, this has nothing to do with how I feel. This is about you, crying to the world about not getting your way. We do feel very sorry for you, just probably not in the way you want...
Old 01-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #146 (permalink)

Quote:
Answer the questions. And you don't know me. You don't know my life.
Thank god I don't know you or your life. How about this, I will answer your questions when you answer mine? Since I did ask first. Sound fair? Since I am sure your mommy tells you that things should always be fair in life.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #147 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
How am I taking advantage of anyone here? I certainly don't have any intention to 'cell' people names. I might 'mobile' them names but I wouldn't stoop to the 'cell' level...
Also, this has nothing to do with how I feel. This is about you, crying to the world about not getting your way. We do feel very sorry for you, just probably not in the way you want...
I made a typo. I guess I'm an idiot for making a mistake. Huh? And you talk about comprehension when you can't comprehend yourself. Charging more to a collector is taking advantage. I actually feel sorry for you. Being a tough guy is a hard job with a low pay. I can't imagine how pathetic you are in real life you puny little @#@#.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:45 PM   #148 (permalink)

Quote:
No. The card is worth $15-$20. Just like my other 2.
To you? Yes it is. I cannot fathom how you could know what it would be worth to anyone else. To prove my point, the card would be worth $5 to me, certainly not $15-$20. It is all relative. Just because to YOU it is worth $15-$20 does not mean it is worth more or less to someone else!

http://s1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd519/popmaz/?start=20
popmaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #149 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Thank god I don't know you or your life. How about this, I will answer your questions when you answer mine? Since I did ask first. Sound fair? Since I am sure your mommy tells you that things should always be fair in life.
Fair. I wanted the thread to end because this thread is now just a flame war. There's just no point left. I knew I was out of line in the thread, but I didn't care. With the way I am, I just gotta say @#@# it sometimes.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:48 PM   #150 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmaz View Post
To you? Yes it is. I cannot fathom how you could know what it would be worth to anyone else. To prove my point, the card would be worth $5 to me, certainly not $15-$20. It is all relative. Just because to YOU it is worth $15-$20 does not mean it is worth more or less to someone else!
Sale 1: $8
Sale 2: $15
Sale 3: $15

It's worth $15-$20.