Blowout Cards Forums
Email Signup

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 11:33 PM   #176 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan8 View Post
You blast me for name calling (since you got mad at my error, name calling is one word) and my "crying" when you're clearly doing the same thing. Textbook irony.
Textbook not knowing what you're talking about...

Where have I cried? Yet that's all you're going with?

I'm just going to assume you're about 14 and you can't help it. My advice to you is think before you start a thread. Chin up.
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:36 PM   #177 (permalink)

mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #178 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
Textbook not knowing what you're talking about...

Where have I cried? Yet that's all you're going with?

I'm just going to assume you're about 14 and you can't help it. My advice to you is think before you start a thread. Chin up.
Every post you have to go to your same routine and try to get a resemblance to a comeback to make yourself feel better. Your feelings get hurt. Tears get shed. I'm still waiting for an original response from you. I know, I'm not assuming, that you have the maturity of a 10 year old and will gain no success in life. My advice is try to feel better in ways other than the internet.
sunsfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #179 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufasa View Post
Why must you keep posting dull memes with terrible grammar?
Old 01-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Every post you have to go to your same routine and try to get a resemblance to a comeback to make yourself feel better. Your feelings get hurt. Tears get shed. I'm still waiting for an original response from you. I know, I'm not assuming, that you have the maturity of a 10 year old and will gain no success in life. My advice is try to feel better in ways other than the internet.
My feelings get... WTF?
This thread is entirely about you. I don't give a damn about the card or the situation and have absolutely nothing to cry about. You on the other hand have started a thread you couldn't handle, crying about what a seller wants for THEIR card. Jeepers.
Try to grow up, that's my other piece of advice to you. Out.
hairyangryfella is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #181 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyangryfella View Post
My feelings get... WTF?
This thread is entirely about you. I don't give a damn about the card or the situation and have absolutely nothing to cry about. You on the other hand have started a thread you couldn't handle, crying about what a seller wants for THEIR card. Jeepers.
Try to grow up, that's my other piece of advice to you. Out.
Keep on trucking with that. No originality, no surprise. I'm still laughing right now. Please stay. You can't write this stuff.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:49 PM   #182 (permalink)

Quote:
$15 each:

$20 is more than fair.
Nice patches, but doesn't that just mean that the one you are getting, should be worth more if there are only 2 remaining on the free market?

IMO, value is not determined by what YOU paid for something, rather it's what a buyer and seller agree on. Also, if you use your logic, since you are getting this one for FREE, is the next one that pops up only worth $10? You paid $0, $15 and $15, so they are worth $10 each based on your average purchase price .
Old 01-12-2013, 11:51 PM   #183 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddie84 View Post
Nice patches, but doesn't that just mean that the one you are getting, should be worth more if there are only 2 remaining on the free market?

IMO, value is not determined by what YOU paid for something, rather it's what a buyer and seller agree on. Also, if you use your logic, since you are getting this one for FREE, is the next one that pops up only worth $10? You paid $0, $15 and $15, so they are worth $10 each based on your average purchase price .
Actually, I'm giving Alex a $30 card for his troubles.
Old 01-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #184 (permalink)

Quote:
Actually, I'm giving Alex a $30 card for his troubles.
You should pay him more, then all 3 are worth more .

I get it, though. You PC the guy, so the value doesn't matter, just how much can you get on a budget.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #185 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cking View Post
So if I am willing to pay $30 for the card then its still only worth $20I am confused.
The only opinion that matters is that of sunsfan8. His word is fact and law when it comes to the value of a card. No matter that he doesn't understand supply and demand.
jeg2315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #186 (permalink)

I'm so mad. Somebody has a card I want and I can't afford it. Let's grow up a little. Many people have much bigger problems.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 AM   #187 (permalink)

I can't wait for that fifth one to pop up on eBay. That will be funny. I wonder who walks a way with it.

I do require immediate payment when selling.

Please allow 2 business days for me to ship. I greatly appreciate that.
a-train10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:39 AM   #188 (permalink)

If we just forgot about who the player is and just focus on the print run, while the value for the first one is the base price, the rest would have to go up just based on the scarcity of the card and knowing that another one is gone.

Just saying, if someone else wanted that card or the 5th one, and they did an eBay search and found the other 3 had sold wouldn't the desperation for the last one make the price rise?

I understand the same card has sold for around the same price now, but the value would continue to go up as less of them exist no matter who the player is
hitman1116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #189 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1116 View Post
If we just forgot about who the player is and just focus on the print run, while the value for the first one is the base price, the rest would have to go up just based on the scarcity of the card and knowing that another one is gone.

Just saying, if someone else wanted that card or the 5th one, and they did an eBay search and found the other 3 had sold wouldn't the desperation for the last one make the price rise?

I understand the same card has sold for around the same price now, but the value would continue to go up as less of them exist no matter who the player is
Wow! After reading 8 pages of the bellyaching, someone finally uses some sensible open market logic.

Essentially you have made the last card of this run a 1/1 as you have the other four in your collection. As there are probably other Gresham collectors out there, the value of that last card is not linear to the other cards you have acquired.

If the seller had known that 3/5 cards were already in a singular private collection, I guarantee he would have not sold it for $20 as the scarcity made it more valuable, although still relative to the low demand of the player.
BlueReloaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 05:11 AM   #190 (permalink)

Aikman and young better passers than marino, your nuts dude... everybody else complaining... the OP can post whatever he wants along with his opinion, as can you... I know its pretty played out but I didn't bump it, it was already first.
jeffro318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 AM   #191 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to free2131

Figured this article might help the OP understand why that card wasn't necessarily a $15-20 card.
free2131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 AM   #192 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
Figured this article might help the OP understand why that card wasn't necessarily a $15-20 card.
Wikipedia is SOOOO inaccurate
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:50 AM   #193 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Wikipedia is SOOOO inaccurate
True, but supply and demand has been around since the beginning of capitalism. Here's an article from another source about it as well.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #194 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2131 View Post
True, but supply and demand has been around since the beginning of capitalism. Here's an article from another source about it as well.
Na I know what supply an demand is but I was just making a statement
pierrethomasfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #195 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1116 View Post

No offense to anyone else who would think otherwise, but I agree with this. For example, because the 3 are staying in your PC, likely not to be moved, that means it's like /2 (2 copies) for other collectors to chase? And if they need one of them like you do, the price will definitely go higher because there would only be 2 left? Just my opinion...
KyGuy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:06 AM   #196 (permalink)
Banned

And guys... Lets not get anyone suspended here.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #197 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrethomasfan View Post
Na I know what supply an demand is but I was just making a statement
Ah I see. Never mind me then. Carry on.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #198 (permalink)

Oh football board...you guys are such uncivilized savages! (obviously a play on when you guys come in and bash the basketball forum.)

Anyways, I only skimmed through the thread. Although the OP is upset someone won't sell them a card, I think the point he's trying to make is fair. I've come across a lot of sellers who try to get what their "into it". Not necessarily fair market value or book value, just trying to make up for the fact they made a bad deal or think they should get 100% ROI on their boxes. The thing with that is that's a THEM problem, not a ME problem. They're trying to dictate the market, rather than listening to the market. 99% of the time they don't end up selling the product at all because their demands are too ridiculous. Everyone loses.

I've spent enough time in LCS to see people pull "big" hits and immediately think they have a $500+ card when in reality it's a $100ish card. Example of this: kid pulls a Sandy Koufax that sells for $300-350 consistently, puts it on eBay, keeps pulling the auction early because its not reaching his desired $650 he wants for the card. Why? Because he owes the LCS $2000+.

It can be frustrating when it's a card for a PC that's not necessarily got a short print run. You can't force someone to sell you anything of theirs at a price you want, but obviously it can be irritating when you know the market better than anyone. Through my eBay searches I always see people listing $3 cards for $30 and $15 cards for $129.99 with no "make an offer" option. They'll never sell the item and they're either delusional, greedy or joking. I used to get really irritated, but I've learned the ability to be patient. Everything will eventually fall into place.
Sikkcaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #199 (permalink)

I highly agree with the OP, its annoying that people list something at a very high price when it normally sells for a fraction of the price. I understand that its their card and their price, but sometimes I wonder if the seller is truly trying to sell his card.

People in this thread just seem to be blowing things out of proportion.
Old 01-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #200 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanDaMan View Post
I highly agree with the OP, its annoying that people list something at a very high price when it normally sells for a fraction of the price. I understand that its their card and their price, but sometimes I wonder if the seller is truly trying to sell his card.

People in this thread just seem to be blowing things out of proportion.
Agree completely. Well said