Blowout Cards Forums
Advertise On Forum

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 06:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Default Stoolers find a way to cheat to another victory

I doubt many people saw this as it worked in favor of the Stoolers but this was a 4th down qb keeper by Toothlessberger and he was clearly kept short of the first down marker. But not so fast my friend, the Refs call it a first down!?!? which leads to a FG right before halftime. This was by far one of the worse calls I have ever seen in NFL history. I don't know what kind of dirt Dan Rooney has on the NFL but it must be pretty good. Don't even get me started in the Super Bowl vs Seattle where the refs handed them that game as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Stoolers find a way to cheat to another victory-shit-call.jpg  
wolffer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to deboesports

sounds like someone got a case of the sundays!
Old 10-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Yeah, like it would of changed the outcome, c'mon man!
solt0131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolffer12 View Post
This was by far one of the worse calls I have ever seen in NFL history.
Seriously?? Wow, you must not watch much football.

US Navy - Submarine Service - January 23rd 1985 - January 31st 2009
wcbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to npbaker1

As a Browns fan it would not have changed the outcome but really was a bad call. Even the announcers were like he didn't get and Cleveland is gonna take over wait a minute they just signaled first down even though he was clearly short.
npbaker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbraun View Post
Seriously?? Wow, you must not watch much football.
Dude, that isn't a first down how the hell can you miss that. Not like other calls that are judgment calls. they were looking at the damn sticks. That is the worse call ever the sticks judge a first down.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by solt0131 View Post
Yeah, like it would of changed the outcome, c'mon man!
about the response I would expect from a fan. Who's to say it wouldn't have changed the outcome. The game would have been a one score at halftime and Cleveland would have tied it up at the start of the 3rd. Play calling is different based on the score and time left in the game. It could have made a huge difference. Cleveland would have had momentum going into the locker room.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Dude, that isn't a first down how the hell can you miss that. Not like other calls that are judgment calls. they were looking at the damn sticks. That is the worse call ever the sticks judge a first down.
I didn't see the game so I can't speak about the call.

I was just saying that your statement seemed a little dramatic. I've seen tons of bad calls over the years and I would never place a ball spot for a 1st down near the top.

US Navy - Submarine Service - January 23rd 1985 - January 31st 2009
wcbraun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)

Good!.. Pittsburgh Wins!!! So it was a bad call...it wasn't the first and it surely wont be the last so get over it!
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 07:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcbraun View Post
I didn't see the game so I can't speak about the call.

I was just saying that your statement seemed a little dramatic. I've seen tons of bad calls over the years and I would never place a ball spot for a 1st down near the top.
The picture above is the measurement and the spot was terrible as well. He was atleast half a yard short but thats not the point. The point is how the
F@CK can you blow a measurement? Still waiting for somebody to explain this one to me.
Old 10-18-2009, 07:37 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
The picture above is the measurement and the spot was terrible as well. He was atleast half a yard short but thats not the point. The point is how the
F@CK can you blow a measurement? Still waiting for somebody to explain this one to me.
Perhaps they hadn't pulled the chains tight towards the right yet when that picture was taken.

Old 10-18-2009, 07:54 PM   #12 (permalink)

hes just a steeler hater. boo-hoo
Old 10-18-2009, 08:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

deboe here is the thing:

You guys that are real Steelers fans need to reign in the morons that have migrated to NE Ohio. My buddies and I sometimes go to the local sports bar to watch the games and its always packed with Steelers fans. Now thats not an issue though in the old days pre move that never would have happened but anyway the issue I have with Steelers fans is that around here they are not Steelers fans they are people who are just going to root for a winner that is pretty close. These fans literally told us how the Browns have always sucked and thats why they have never had any players inducted into the HOF. These are also the same people who when we said something positive about the Steelers and mentioned Joe Greene and Lynn Swan looked at us and said who? If you come in talking about how great your team is and how terrible our local team is at least know what you are talking about.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #14 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Let's also not forget the years from 1930's to the 1970's where the Stoolers didn't even make the playoffs. I guess the refs have to help them now. I just find it too ironic that Pitt is always at the center of these calls and almost all of them go in their favor. Kinda makes me wonder.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to pskell02

I'm not going argue that it was a favorable spot be ause it was. But you have to remember that the camera andle was not in line with the ball so there will seem to be a gap between the point and the stick. So the only people who really know if it was a first down were the people on the field.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by pskell02 View Post
I'm not going argue that it was a favorable spot be ause it was. But you have to remember that the camera andle was not in line with the ball so there will seem to be a gap between the point and the stick. So the only people who really know if it was a first down were the people on the field.
I was waiting for this agrument. That angle looks pretty damn dead on from what I see and it is not like it is really a close call. He is 6 inches short.

To your other point, why in the hell would the Browns players be running off the field jumping up and down if it wasn't short? Rob Ryan was standing on the sideline looking right at the chains and jumping up and down and you could read his lips when they called 1st down: "What the F!ck?" If it was a close measurement I would agree with the angle argument and not have made the post but this is not even close sorry.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 PM   #17 (permalink)

Instead of ranting and crying on here about it, why don't you try and get a real explanation from the referee if it bothers you so much? He went down on his hands and knees to get the call right, that's all I know. Instead of crying and bitching so much about the Steelers (who are the World Champs), why don't you worry about rooting for your own team instead of hating so much on the Champs? But because teams in Ohio suck so bad, you're more worried about hating Pittsburgh than supporting your hometown team like the rest of Ohio, which is why Ohio teams have to have local business buy up the unsold tickets to Browns and Bengals, etc games so that the true fans (Pittsburgh) don't buy them all up.

If the refs blew the call, they blew the call. You act like this is the first time that a ref or umpire has blew a call. Think Baltimore fans are still bitter about the Jeffrey Maire or whatever? Get over it, calls happen. A call will go against the Steelers somewhere down the line and even it out, geez. Stop beating a damn dead horse son.

Last edited by solt0131; 10-18-2009 at 08:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:00 PM   #18 (permalink)

He should just apply to be a referee or just stop the crying....
Highcheese4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Instead of crying and bitching so much about the Steelers (who are the World Champs), why don't you worry about rooting for your own team instead of hating so much on the Champs?
New Season you may be the defending champs but you are not the champs of the current season. No one is yet.

Quote:
But because teams in Ohio suck so bad, you're more worried about hating Pittsburgh than supporting your hometown team like the rest of Ohio, which is why Ohio teams have to have local business buy up the unsold tickets to Browns and Bengals, etc games so that the true fans (Pittsburgh) don't buy them all up.
Get your facts here while the Bengals needed to have a sponsor buy up the tickets the Browns have not required that since they returned.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:49 PM   #20 (permalink)

You want an explanation....easy...its the Squeelers, they get all the calls in their favor. All we can do is hate them.
I pull scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbaker1 View Post
New Season you may be the defending champs but you are not the champs of the current season. No one is yet.

Get your facts here while the Bengals needed to have a sponsor buy up the tickets the Browns have not required that since they returned.
they will soon, lol
Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by npbaker1 View Post

Which is why you will see so many Steeler fans at the game this year.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
HALF YARD SHORT??? lol It was a terrible call. Its more on a finger short. Maybe a 50 cent piece. A yard is 3 ft and some small change. a football is IDK what 10 inches? They missed it clear as day and I concur. Its that close and you can fit a minimum of a qtr in there. Momentum is HUGE in football let alone any sport. I didn't watch the game but when you are paid to make a call that easy, at least make the correct call.
P.47
brett06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #24 (permalink)

Well now we're even for the botched call on the coin toss in overtime many years ago in Detroit. If you don't remember, watch the tape. Jerome Bettis made the call.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #25 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett06 View Post
HALF YARD SHORT??? lol It was a terrible call. Its more on a finger short. Maybe a 50 cent piece. A yard is 3 ft and some small change. a football is IDK what 10 inches? They missed it clear as day and I concur. Its that close and you can fit a minimum of a qtr in there. Momentum is HUGE in football let alone any sport. I didn't watch the game but when you are paid to make a call that easy, at least make the correct call.
You took what I said out of context. I said he was a half yard short but got a good placement which didn't matter because the picture shows he was still short. Im sorry but that is a good 6 inches short and I love how the NFL just pushes this under the rug but had the call gone against the Stoolers it would have been breaking news on CNN with an investigation taking place.

Again, this just proves what I have said for years and the reason I am not a NFL fan. There is way too much wagered on this game to be legit at all times. That score that shouldn't have happened before half gave the Stoolers a first half cover in the game. The sh!t is too rigged at times and the same can be said for any other major sport in the world not just football. Maybe I shouldn't be a gambler and I wouldn't look at it this way but I am and I call what I see.