Blowout Cards Forums

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshHamilton View Post
Pretty sure he's talking about a career oriented job. Doesn't really matter what you spent your Pizza Hut delivery money on when you were in high school
Old 01-16-2013, 12:57 AM   #27 (permalink)

I have no budget, if I have the money and something comes up I buy it. Sometimes I will spend 3k in a month or 2k in a weekend but other times I might spend 500 in a month

** Looking for 1953 Bowman Color PSA 5 or better cards **
Whodey14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #28 (permalink)

Appreciate the input.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artistís Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collectorís Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw5060 View Post
+1

I spend what I feel like spending. My wife knows that as long as I'm paying the bills and making sure she's happy I can basically spend as much as I want (see my MJD collection haha)
This ^^ However i just found out im going to be a dad....so time to cut back. Spent between 5-6k last year.....that wont happen this year.

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 35/36 Any help is appreciated!
wingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw5060 View Post
+1

I spend what I feel like spending. My wife knows that as long as I'm paying the bills and making sure she's happy I can basically spend as much as I want (see my MJD collection haha)
Same for me.
1/1s - 7/21 = 33%
verbal13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 09:47 AM   #31 (permalink)

same as the majority....

I really only buy with funds from stuff I can sell, side jobs, ect. I will MAYBE use $50 a month from the bank account but almost always if its not already in paypal, I cant afford it.

I got in deep trouble when I forst started the hobby and spent way too much from the bank, now we share an account so I cant hide anything lol
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #32 (permalink)

I don't make a whole lot (a whopping $885.63 a week after taxes) plus I just bought a house and got a baby coming in a month. I try and spend about $500 a month right now.
Kosmo Kards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #33 (permalink)

I have 20 dollars a day set aside for work,what I don't spend during my 7 day work week gets rolled over into my card budget,if I see something I want that falls into the price range of what I have left over I'll buy it.I buy alot of 1/2 price blasters and cheap retail so it's pretty easy to stay within budget,if a hobby product comes out that I want I just roll over the savings for a couple of weeks then buy it.
spuds1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #34 (permalink)

i use 5% of my months earnings, so about $200, never go over

Posted from Blowoutcards.com App for Android
bkovach06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:05 AM   #35 (permalink)

I don't know what precentage I spend but I also factor in tickets to ballgames (to get IP autos), stamps (for ttm) autos as well as if I get something to eat when I go to the game or buy a souvineer. Right now I got a bunch of different things going on in my life but once I get everything streamlined I would like to have a set budget for cards as well as bringing in some more income in selling them.

https://twitter.com/bbra9027
mrveggieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:38 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
To me, one of the neat aspects about collecting cards is its marginal interest.

Contrary from most things, if you buy a card, it doesn't lose value from owner to owner...or if its "used" or not.

If you ever decide to abandon the hobby, you know that your cards still will possess a relatively similar value than what you got it for!
Not if you collect Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell there rookie seasons
ajscards101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:20 PM   #37 (permalink)

Cards have become a second source of income for me in themselves because that is the ONLY way I could afford to do what I do.

I earn a modest salary, BUT, I typically "front" my entire paycheck towards my card business on the day I'm paid (I get paid monthly), and I have all my bills scheduled to be paid at the end of the month so I don't owe any money to anyone until the end. I spend 3 weeks playing with the money, investing in cards to flip, breaking cases etc., and then I transfer all of it back to my bank account at the start of the 4th week, pay my bills, and the cycle starts over again with the next pay check.

In the long run, I hope the small profits I make now will eventually build to the point where I can operate solely on profits and not have to hold my paycheck money hostage. But so far I do okay. It just takes lots of discipline.
auctionjmm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:36 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake03svtf View Post
same as the majority....

I really only buy with funds from stuff I can sell, side jobs, ect. I will MAYBE use $50 a month from the bank account but almost always if its not already in paypal, I cant afford it.

I got in deep trouble when I forst started the hobby and spent way too much from the bank, now we share an account so I cant hide anything lol
Did you make this months cover?

"I lied..... ...I was listening to Slayer and laughing at your sister and your family."-IronMonkey415
iBLeeDBaTTLeReD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by auctionjmm View Post
Cards have become a second source of income for me in themselves because that is the ONLY way I could afford to do what I do.

I earn a modest salary, BUT, I typically "front" my entire paycheck towards my card business on the day I'm paid (I get paid monthly), and I have all my bills scheduled to be paid at the end of the month so I don't owe any money to anyone until the end. I spend 3 weeks playing with the money, investing in cards to flip, breaking cases etc., and then I transfer all of it back to my bank account at the start of the 4th week, pay my bills, and the cycle starts over again with the next pay check.

In the long run, I hope the small profits I make now will eventually build to the point where I can operate solely on profits and not have to hold my paycheck money hostage. But so far I do okay. It just takes lots of discipline.
So what happens if you bust one month? Bills don't get paid?
ivbaseball06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBLeeDBaTTLeReD View Post
Did you make this months cover?
HAHAHA

I did however write the article about being your own Boss....when she's not around...I got that down pat