Blowout Cards Forums
4/4/14 Coupon

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

View Poll Results: Under new head coach Chip Kelly, the Eagles will go...
0-16 to 2-14 11 8.27%
3-15 to 5-11 27 20.30%
6-10 to 8-8 61 45.86%
9-7 to 11-5 28 21.05%
12-4 to 14-2 1 0.75%
15-1 to 16-0 5 3.76%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Cool Under new head coach Chip Kelly, the Eagles will go...

Discuss!

Under new head coach Chip Kelly, what record will the Eagles finish with in the 2013 season?

Bonus questions:

- Who will the Eagles starting QB be?
- How many rushing yards/TD's will LeSean McCoy rack up?
- Who will the Eagles draft with their fourth overall pick?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
efish44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 2,200
Default

I think the Eagles will get anywhere from 7-9 wins
__________________
I collect football and some basketball. I love all DC teams and the Orioles FEAR THE TURTLE Hail to the Redskins
Looking for: 2011 inception red autos /25 35 of 36 (97%) Need: Julio Jones
Photobucket: http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m505/efish44/
efish44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
superynaldo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: The Woodlands, TX
Posts: 4,625
Default

8-8 tops...
superynaldo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host
 
marino5084's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the air
Posts: 6,566
Default

Still be the Eagles.
__________________
But his name is
James Cortellessa, retired air force, loving grandfather, father and husband,
and the best smartass around.
RIP PAPAJIM
Sabrina Cortellessa
marino5084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
ToppsCollector1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Earth
Posts: 6,628
Default

Ive heard hes pretty good. The eagles will still do terribly but not so much
__________________
Only YOU can prevent stupid arguments.
RIP bballcardkid4, hhmag70
ToppsCollector1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Hickory, NC
Posts: 436
Default

Recent successful college coaches in the NFL haven't been the best. Everyone forgets colleges players play the game to heart and a lot of NFL players play for the money. With Eagles having so many selfish players that want the ball, Kelly will not be able to break that mentality. Even Andy Reid, which is a great head coach couldn't even get his players to understand the "team" concept. Kelly will be back as a head coach in 2-3 years like Sporier (SP?) & Saban. College ball vs. NFL is a completely a different animal.
__________________
PC: Chiefs (Jon Baldwin HUGE Collector)
My Bucket: http://s142.photobucket.com/albums/r111/henacysysco/
"Only the dead have seen the end of war." ~ Plato
"A good decision is based on knowledge and not on numbers." ~Plato
henacypimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by efish44 View Post
I think the Eagles will get anywhere from 7-9 wins
Hopefully enough to get them to playoffs!
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,449
Default

Not happening 6-10 imo
pham504 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Member
 
wheeler281's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 5,244
Send a message via AIM to wheeler281
Default

They need to cut salary and invest in the future. Unfortunately for you it probably will be Asomugha
__________________
Collecting High End Steelers
Carmelo, Dion Waiters, & MCW
Go Orange!
wheeler281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

ivbaseball and razorsharp are either homers or retards...
__________________
I'm old Gregg, pleased to meet ya
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:54 PM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeler281 View Post
They need to cut salary and invest in the future. Unfortunately for you it probably will be Asomugha
Unfortunately, that might be a high probability.

However, the good news is that he has agreed to take a pay cut. Personally, I think he still has some of that Oakland shutdown game deep inside of him, so I'd give him another year and try.

Actually, he improved a lot toward the second half of the year. I know that since I almost never heard his name during the game (which is a good thing for CBs)

If they cut him, they will probably take Dee Milliner. If not, they will probably take Luke Joeckel (think thats how you spell it) or Geno Smith.
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
Member
 
ivbaseball06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 2,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
ivbaseball and razorsharp are either homers or retards...
haha! I have no vested interest, I just like responding completely unrealistically to these weird polls.
__________________
SELLING The Ohio State Buckeyes Supercollection!
Albums: http://sportscardalbum.com/u/ivbaseball06
Paypal address: jordan.lawver@gmail.com
ivbaseball06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:14 PM   #13 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Bump this up! I'd love to hear more insight than my narrow-minded beliefs
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

9-7 Chip Kelly will turn Eagles team around. They already got a lot of young talent plus the whole O-Line besides Mathis was hurt last year. Hopefully they address defense secondary in free agency and the draft.
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyeric21 View Post
9-7 Chip Kelly will turn Eagles team around. They already got a lot of young talent plus the whole O-Line besides Mathis was hurt last year. Hopefully they address defense secondary in free agency and the draft.
Hopefully so! Lets get a safety up in here who doesn't bite on every play action!
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

I don't know why alot of Philly fans are down on Nick Foles the kid played behind no offensive line and put up decent numbers just as good as Vick. And better than a lot of other rookie Qbs. Lets see what he can do with full training camp and behind healthy O-Line as the starter.
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:55 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyeric21 View Post
I don't know why alot of Philly fans are down on Nick Foles the kid played behind no offensive line and put up decent numbers just as good as Vick. And better than a lot of other rookie Qbs. Lets see what he can do with full training camp and behind healthy O-Line as the starter.
I have that exact same mentality, except I feel the same about Vick
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
I have that exact same mentality, except I feel the same about Vick
Except Vick was mediocre at best last year behind a healthy good offensive line and is 33 years old and still hasn't learned how to read an NFL defense.
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyeric21 View Post
Except Vick was mediocre at best last year behind a healthy good offensive line and is 33 years old and still hasn't learned how to read an NFL defense.
hahahahahahhahahahahahhaahahhahahahahahahahha
__________________
I'm old Gregg, pleased to meet ya
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #20 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyeric21 View Post
Except Vick was mediocre at best last year behind a healthy good offensive line and is 33 years old and still hasn't learned how to read an NFL defense.
LOL NO WAY. Vick and Foles had the SAME O-line. If anything, Foles had a better one.

Why is it that when Vick was in, the O-line sucked. When Foles stepped in, he could actually get a few seconds to throw the ball?
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #21 (permalink)
Member
 
creamybeige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Greggs Place
Posts: 1,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
LOL NO WAY. Vick and Foles had the SAME O-line. If anything, Foles had a better one.

Why is it that when Vick was in, the O-line sucked. When Foles stepped in, he could actually get a few seconds to throw the ball?
i agree with you completely about the o-line quality... but to be fair, it has been said many times that it is much easier to block for a pocket qb vs. a scrambler

hard to block when the qb is moving all over the place
__________________
I'm old Gregg, pleased to meet ya
creamybeige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
i agree with you completely about the o-line quality... but to be fair, it has been said many times that it is much easier to block for a pocket qb vs. a scrambler

hard to block when the qb is moving all over the place
That is true. Here's where I'm at with both:

Vick isn't the best QB in the world.

But its not like Foles came in an lit it up either.

Looking at their stats, both of their TD:INT ratio is the same.

However, surprisingly Foles had more fumbles/game than Vick did. Keep in mind that the majority of these fumbles were because of Vick's somewhat worse O-line (remember the game against the Cardinals?)

After 6 or 7 games in, Foles failed to put on fireworks. So, there is no obvious reason to start him over Vick (who won the job in training camp).

Not to mention the fact that Vick can make plays with his feet while Foles can't...
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #23 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lagalaxyfan23 View Post
That is true. Here's where I'm at with both:

Vick isn't the best QB in the world.

But its not like Foles came in an lit it up either.

Looking at their stats, both of their TD:INT ratio is the same.

However, surprisingly Foles had more fumbles/game than Vick did. Keep in mind that the majority of these fumbles were because of Vick's somewhat worse O-line (remember the game against the Cardinals?)

After 6 or 7 games in, Foles failed to put on fireworks. So, there is no obvious reason to start him over Vick (who won the job in training camp)

Not to mention the fact that Vick can make plays with his feet while Foles can't...
First off Vick is 33 years old let's not forget Foles is
23 years old and a rookie QB playing behind a terrible O-Line.
Vick had his chance and is now too old and overpaid let's see what Foles
can do there's plenty of star Qb's that aren't mobile Brady both Manning's.
Plus Vick is injury prone. Give the kid a full season if he's nothing more
than a career backup that's a good investment for a late 3rd pick as an
Eagle fan I hope he is successful and turns into a star QB1.
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 AM   #24 (permalink)
Member
 
lagalaxyfan23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 10,516
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyeric21 View Post
First off Vick is 33 years old let's not forget Foles is
23 years old and a rookie QB playing behind a terrible O-Line.
Vick had his chance and is now too old and overpaid let's see what Foles
can do there's plenty of star Qb's that aren't mobile Brady both Manning's.
Plus Vick is injury prone. Give the kid a full season if he's nothing more
than a career backup that's a good investment for a late 3rd pick as an
Eagle fan I hope he is successful and turns into a star QB1.
I'm really starting to doubt you even watch the Eagles LOL.

For starters, Vick played behind the same offensive line as Foles. In fact, his O-line was worse. Go back and watch the New Orleans game, and you'll understand why.

Vick won more games last season than Foles did, which is always most important.

Vick is 8-1 against the NFC East.

You can't even compare Foles to Manning or Brady. The difference is that Manning and Brady are SUPERSTARS, and Foles is just above average.

It doesn't matter how "old" someone is. If they're playing better, they should play more.

Vick is injury prone? True statement. However, 75% of his injuries are caused because of his O-line. Did you know that Vick is the most pressured QB in the NFL?

Also, didn't Foles break his hand as well? Yes, he did! Put him on injured reserve in fact.

Vick could have played after his concussion after a few games, however Reid chose to keep Foles in to see what he could have done. Obviously, he did not perform. If he did, Reid would have likely kept his job.

So really, Vick should have only missed no more than three games last year.
__________________
PC: EAGLES, Michael Vick, LeSean McCoy, EJ Manuel
Being a student, shipping could potentially take up to 5 days depending on schedule
http://s1148.beta.photobucket.com/user/lagalaxyfan2323/library/
lagalaxyfan23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creamybeige View Post
i agree with you completely about the o-line quality... but to be fair, it has been said many times that it is much easier to block for a pocket qb vs. a scrambler

hard to block when the qb is moving all over the place
Part of it is making quick decisions Vick can't read defenses he couldn't in Atlanta and he can't in Philly. Also he is injury prone the guy refuses to slide and is another concussion away from being Prongered !!!
Phillyeric21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO
Copyright 2013, Blowout Cards Inc.