Blowout Cards Forums
Super Break

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 01:31 PM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Not a rant at all. I truly feel this way along with everyone else.
"I say ban Belichick from the NFL, fine Robert Kraft 3 billion dollars, and contract the New England Patriots." is a rant and over the top, is it not?

Okay...
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:33 PM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post
"I say ban Belichick from the NFL, fine Robert Kraft 3 billion dollars, and contract the New England Patriots." is a rant and over the top, is it not?

Okay...
Not if I mean it...which I do. The Pats need to go. They are an embarrassment to the rest of the NFL.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:34 PM   #53 (permalink)

Belichick should have talked, he will get fined. It doesnt look good, I agree but Shannon Sharpe is not the moral voice of reason so I dont really care.

Suggs is going to get fined too, he swore on live TV and acted like a fool doing it.

People can whine about the Patriots and Belichick all the way, he's going to the Hall of Fame and the Patroits will be one of the best teams again next year.

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM   #54 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post
This is nothing. Remeber the time Belidick threw a cameraman to the ground? Lol

At least this time he did wait around on the field and actively seek out the opposing coach for a handshake before skittering back under his rock.

You can tell a lot about a man by the way he dresses and his overall grooming. Looking at Bill Belichick he set the bar pretty low for himself right off the bat, so I don't expect a lot of etiquette and class since he makes millions but can't comb his hair and dresses like a bum from Central Park.
Really? reeeeeeallllllllllly? ..............so much fail..... You can't tell anything from anyone's appearance, if you think you can you have probably made some terrible snap judgments in your life.....

Did Haiku dress nice?, how about mother Teresa?, Ghandi, etc?
matt roberson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #55 (permalink)

Good news!

Belichick will return for another season with Patriots

"I'll be here. You'll have to deal with me again next year. I know it's disappointing for a lot of people," he grinned sardonically.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:45 PM   #56 (permalink)

Im just kind of surprised that Bradys sliding kick isnt being made into a bigger deal. If Suh would have done the same thing it would be the talk of the league, but since it was brady, nothing.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:47 PM   #57 (permalink)

BB didn't owe Steve Tasker a 1 on 1 meeting. Their contract states they have to do an aftergame press conference, which he did. CBS got their panties in a bunch b/c Tasker who is a mediocre reporter at best didn't get his 1 on 1 for their post game show. Would people really think differently of BB if he gave that interview? Why don't you take a look at what Twitter had to say about the Falcons coach after his nice post game interview. "He's too nice to win a SB"
trixstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #58 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
Im just kind of surprised that Bradys sliding kick isnt being made into a bigger deal. If Suh would have done the same thing it would be the talk of the league, but since it was brady, nothing.
Brady is Untouchable....Hence the Brady Rule
saintsfan67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:58 PM   #59 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmkyszka View Post
LOL I thought TomTerrific did a fine job trying to break up that doubleplay!!

Ty Cobb would have been proud.......Spikes High
Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #60 (permalink)

lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 01:59 PM   #61 (permalink)

I could care less about this whole thing since my Browns can't even sniff a winning season let alone the playoffs, but didn't Jim Harbaugh refuse to speak with FOX yesterday too? He also did it last year when he lost. They are obligated by the NFL to speak with the network covering the game, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Bill wasn't the only one doing it/to have ever done it.
kl4life2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but i no way do i think that was intentionally aimed at the defender's jimmy.
HadWayTooMuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:03 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadWayTooMuch View Post
I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but i no way do i think that was intentionally aimed at the defender's jimmy.
Looked to me like he was reverting back to his baseball days.
lambeauleap87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #64 (permalink)

Brady is probably the most awkward runner ever to be a QB, he is downright goofy. I doubt it was intentional, but it could have been.

The postgame conversation on the field with Bill Belichick ... Harbaugh: "I'll treasure that conversation forever. Before the game, we talked, and he said maybe we should just skip the postgame handshake because it's such a circus. I said I didn't know; I thought we should do it, it's just the right thing to do. And we did. He was so classy, so gracious. Complimentary about how we played, about our game plan, about how tough it is to play us. I told him how much we pattern our organization around theirs, how much we study them.''

Harbaugh's comments on that dirtbag Belicheck! WHat a terrible person!

I do not ask for much, but please leave feedback if everything goes well with our deal.
IamRalpho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #65 (permalink)

Im a redskins fan and very neutral here

as for his conferenc he is useless
watch the whole video

Bill Belichick 2013-01-20.flv - YouTube

people are scared to ask him questions because they know they will get arrogant and stupid responses

at the end he says something like they won because they scored more points then us comooooon...

The brady play wasnt intentional but prob should have been a personal foul.. doesnt matter who cares

as for not talking to media at first with cbs i have 2 opinions

at first... think about it from ur point of view u just lost and are pissed ur seasons over who wants to be harassed with stupid questions

but then again he is making 7.50 mill a year atleast do what u have to and answer some quick questions
jbmets95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl4life2 View Post
I could care less about this whole thing since my Browns can't even sniff a winning season let alone the playoffs, but didn't Jim Harbaugh refuse to speak with FOX yesterday too? He also did it last year when he lost. They are obligated by the NFL to speak with the network covering the game, but let's not lose sight of the fact that Bill wasn't the only one doing it/to have ever done it.
You sir are wrong, Bill is the ONLY coach to ever do this, if other coaches do it, wouldn't there be threads on them too!?!?

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #67 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRalpho View Post
Belichick should have talked, he will get fined. It doesnt look good, I agree but Shannon Sharpe is not the moral voice of reason so I dont really care.

Suggs is going to get fined too, he swore on live TV and acted like a fool doing it.

People can whine about the Patriots and Belichick all the way, he's going to the Hall of Fame and the Patroits will be one of the best teams again next year.
He will not get fined....he doesnt have to talk to a sideline reporter at the end of the game!! However he does HAVE to talk to the media during the media conference at the end of the game...which he did. FACTS

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 35/36 Any help is appreciated!
wingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #68 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jbellis74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I don't see why anyone is REQUIRED to talk to the media immediately following such a big loss. Some people take losing hard because they put so much into their season. I like Shannon Sharpe but he is talking like an employee when he rips Bill.

Leaving the SuperBowl before time ran out without shaking the other coach's hand was classless but not wanting to talk to someone shoving a mic in your face right after a huge loss is completely understandable.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Too many people in sports these days only care about the pay check. At least Bill gives a sh*t that his team lost and he's probably already second guessing some of his decisions during that game.
I think Marv Levy was a great loser. Buffalo went to 3 Super Bowls in a row and lost them all. He was a classy coach
Old 01-21-2013, 02:19 PM   #69 (permalink)

Never liked them to begin with and still dont. Glad to see them lose!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 02:31 PM   #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbellis74 View Post
I think Marv Levy was a great loser. Buffalo went to 4 Super Bowls in a row and lost them all. He was a classy coach
Fixed it for ya
Army19K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #71 (permalink)

WHy does anybody care. Bill never says anything like 99% of players/coaches do in these stupid on field interviews. They need to be done away with all together. THey waste everybodies time. I don't care to see any coach interview ever. Before/halftime or end of a game.

Bill would said.
The Ravens were the better team. They out played and out coached us. End of interview. 15 seconds of nothing. So lets make a BIG DEAL OUT OF NOTHING. Shannon SHarpe is the cry baby.
pnft17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kl4life2 View Post
Finally a post that shows both sides of the coin, Harbaugh has not honored a CBS interview in 3 years (actually was discussed on one of the pre or post game shows) and the mere fact Belichick 'skipped' the on field inteview would have been a non-story if not for the 'grandstanding' from Sharpe.

If some of you are so caught up in this nonsense, watch his post game interview a few posts up, trust me it's as riveting as all of Belichick's interviews!

He was very humble as would be expected from such a successful Coach and franchise that does not take losing lightly, and as a Pats fan I respect that competitive attitude. That being said this team will be back next year with the same winning demeanor they have always had.
TASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:54 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I don't see why anyone is REQUIRED to talk to the media immediately following such a big loss. Some people take losing hard because they put so much into their season. I like Shannon Sharpe but he is talking like an employee when he rips Bill.

Leaving the SuperBowl before time ran out without shaking the other coach's hand was classless but not wanting to talk to someone shoving a mic in your face right after a huge loss is completely understandable.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Too many people in sports these days only care about the pay check. At least Bill gives a sh*t that his team lost and he's probably already second guessing some of his decisions during that game.
In case you missed it he was NOT required to talk to the media IMMEDIATELY after the loss. He was required to give an interview after he went to the locker room and had some time to cool off and talk with his team.

BB is a cry baby and is still bitter that he is not allowed to cheat to win. Heck an idiot can coach a winning team when he knows what plays the other D is gonna run and can signal audibles to his QB to beat the coverage. BB is NOT the great coach everyone gives him credit to be, he's a great GM and can assemble a solid squad but he can't out coach he best. Same goes for his cry baby QB. They won 10 games without him, TB is a product of a system and benefits from having a decent D and good weapons and ever since BB could no longer tell him what the D was doing he has choked when it matters the most. He certainly couldn't carry a crappy team to 12+ wins a season like Manning did in Indy.

Your precious Pats are cry baby, poor loser cheaters and thats all a FACT that has been proven.
JFBanicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:57 PM   #74 (permalink)

Decent D, seriously? Have you watched them play defense since at least 07?

and they won 11 games in 08

Collecting Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins.
Cades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBanicki View Post
In case you missed it he was NOT required to talk to the media IMMEDIATELY after the loss. He was required to give an interview after he went to the locker room and had some time to cool off and talk with his team.

BB is a cry baby and is still bitter that he is not allowed to cheat to win. Heck an idiot can coach a winning team when he knows what plays the other D is gonna run and can signal audibles to his QB to beat the coverage. BB is NOT the great coach everyone gives him credit to be, he's a great GM and can assemble a solid squad but he can't out coach he best. Same goes for his cry baby QB. They won 10 games without him, TB is a product of a system and benefits from having a decent D and good weapons and ever since BB could no longer tell him what the D was doing he has choked when it matters the most. He certainly couldn't carry a crappy team to 12+ wins a season like Manning did in Indy.

Your precious Pats are cry baby, poor loser cheaters and thats all a FACT that has been proven.
AMEN!!!! Glad someone else said it!
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote