Blowout Cards Forums
Summer Sale

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2013, 02:27 PM   #76 (permalink)

"TB is a product of a system and benefits from having a decent D and good weapons"

Are you kidding me...troy brown, David Patten, Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, Tony Simmons, Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Jabar Gaffney, David Givens...the list goes on....he was winning games with very below average recievers. 2 Seasons he had more then 1 great reciever and that was 07 and 09 when he had Moss and Welker......09 Moss wasnt that great anyway. Since then he has had Welker...and thats about it for WRs...however now he does have a couple great TEs to go with it. The first 8 years of his career he was throwing to a bunch of nobodies who he made look good.

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 35/36 Any help is appreciated!
wingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 02:29 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFBanicki View Post
In case you missed it he was NOT required to talk to the media IMMEDIATELY after the loss. He was required to give an interview after he went to the locker room and had some time to cool off and talk with his team.

BB is a cry baby and is still bitter that he is not allowed to cheat to win. Heck an idiot can coach a winning team when he knows what plays the other D is gonna run and can signal audibles to his QB to beat the coverage. BB is NOT the great coach everyone gives him credit to be, he's a great GM and can assemble a solid squad but he can't out coach he best. Same goes for his cry baby QB. They won 10 games without him, TB is a product of a system and benefits from having a decent D and good weapons and ever since BB could no longer tell him what the D was doing he has choked when it matters the most. He certainly couldn't carry a crappy team to 12+ wins a season like Manning did in Indy.

Your precious Pats are cry baby, poor loser cheaters and thats all a FACT that has been proven.
I believe other coaches have admitted to stealing signals identically to how the Patriots did, So why couldn't they win as many games if even an idiot coach can coach do it?
Patriots D, Good? Are you serious?
Tom Brady's weapons? He hasn't had a full healthy artillery of weapons yet He doesn't have a vertical threat
the only year Brady had a serious weapon in Moss the Patriots and him broke records and went 18-1.
Yes Peyton single handily carried the Colts
Old 01-21-2013, 03:04 PM   #78 (permalink)

I hope someone brought tissues for this because some people are getting butthurt
pickle86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 05:57 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
Really? reeeeeeallllllllllly? ..............so much fail..... You can't tell anything from anyone's appearance, if you think you can you have probably made some terrible snap judgments in your life.....

Did Haiku dress nice?, how about mother Teresa?, Ghandi, etc?
I have an uncle worth millions.. he still wears a 30 year old jets jersey to games and wears tee shirts and jeans when not working.

He's the vice president of a high end financial firm

Last edited by Imac7065; 01-21-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Imac7065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
I have an uncle worth millions.. he still wears a 30 year old jets jerset to games and wears tee shirt and jeans when not working.

He's the vice president of a high end financial firm
Completely different. How does he dress when he's on the clock and in front of a room full of shareholders and clients?

I'm going to guess he doesn't wear a cut off hoodie and forget to run a comb through his hair.

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #81 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Card Album View Post
Completely different. How does he dress when he's on the clock and in front of a room full of shareholders and clients?

I'm going to guess he doesn't wear a cut off hoodie and forget to run a comb through his hair.
Wait...what? Belichick needs to wear a suit on the sideline?

Who do you think he is, Mike Nolan?
BostonNut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #82 (permalink)

Quote:

I never knew the NFL had a proper dress attire/ dress code.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:25 PM   #83 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt roberson View Post
Really? reeeeeeallllllllllly? ..............so much fail..... You can't tell anything from anyone's appearance, if you think you can you have probably made some terrible snap judgments in your life.....

Did Haiku dress nice?, how about mother Teresa?, Ghandi, etc?
Yes reeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Haven't you ever heard of "dress for success" or taking pride in your appearance? Why do you think so many employer's institute a dress code? I'm not talking places with uniforms to make you easily identifiable, but I mean places who let you wear anything you want so long as it follows a set of guidelines.

Haiku is probably wearing a pair of handcuffs and prison browns.

Mother Teresa and Ghandi aren't really the type of people , because I'm talking about employees representing a business to countless consumers. If you insist, each of them worse clothes befitting of their roles in life. They kept things humble. Their clothing reflected them as people very well.

We're not talking about a guy who showed up to work in a jewelry store in a clean pair of jeans and tshirt instead of the normal khakis and dress shirt you'd see. That's okay. That guy still looks clean and presentable.

This is a guy who doesn't even care to spend a few extra dollars to get a sweatshirt hemmed instead of wearing what looks like a high schooler's jogging shirt. He looks sloppy, like he doesn't care how he is perceived, and that he has no respect for his employer or those around him...which describes his character pretty well.

I'd never judge a person passing them on the street, but when it comes to business, grooming/hygiene/presentable appearance is everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Wait...what? Belichick needs to wear a suit on the sideline?

Who do you think he is, Mike Nolan?
Haha. I'd just like him to wear something that doesn't look like he stole it off a corpse in a back alley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
I never knew the NFL had a proper dress attire/ dress code.
Actually, they do, but it's geared towards players since most coaches have the self respect to be presentable on their own. They don't just roll out of bed, grab something off the top of the dirty laundry pile, and come to work. Then again, they also fill their requirements after losing.

Always looking to trade for Canes.
view my cards for trade @ www.TheCardAlbum.com
The Card Album is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:28 PM   #84 (permalink)

As the great Red Auerbach once said, "Show me a good loser and I will show you a loser".

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #85 (permalink)

Quote:

pretty sure most NFL coaches wear a polo and kaki's on the sidline. Some even wore suits (nolan recently, many in the past).. coaches used to always wear suits until don shula bucked the trend really (then john madden, etc etc)

A polo and pants is still much better than a hoodie and sweats is it not? lol

As you pointed out.. you should dress nicer when working than when you are not working. Belichick dresses like he's going to the dry cleaners on an NFL sideline. Like a fan jumped out of the stands and put a head set on.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #86 (permalink)

Quote:
pretty sure most NFL coaches wear a polo and kaki's on the sidline. Some even wore suits (nolan recently, many in the past).. coaches used to always wear suits until don shula bucked the trend really (then john madden, etc etc)

As you pointed out.. you should dress nicer when working than when you are not working. Belichick dresses like he's going to the dry cleaners on an NFL sideline. Like a fan jumped out of the stands and put a head set on.
Forgive me but I see nothing wrong with this:

Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 PM   #87 (permalink)

Quote:

NFL doesn't care for coaches wearing suits , I think they will only allow it for home games. The league only requires coaches to wear team supplied gear.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSoxFan28 View Post
NFL doesn't care for coaches wearing suits , I think they will only allow it for home games. The league only requires coaches to wear team supplied gear.
Could you imagine Tom Landry or Bear Bryant (yes I know not NFL) in anything but a suit? they'd hate belichick.. but this issue really isn't important to me.

I care more than he's a known cheater, a sore loser, and never seems to enjoy anything he ever does. Just a miserable SOB
Old 01-21-2013, 10:49 PM   #89 (permalink)

Is that what you got from your interview with him?

Quote:
Could you imagine Tom Landry or Bear Bryant (yes I know not NFL) in anything but a suit? they'd hate belichick.. but this issue really isn't important to me.

I care more than he's a known cheater, a sore loser, and never seems to enjoy anything he ever does. Just a miserable SOB

http://s141.photobucket.com/albums/r77/bucnastdizzl/
Whodatiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:11 PM   #90 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whodatiz View Post
Is that what you got from your interview with him?
thats what i got from his actions and interviews yes. I would say that if he was the coach of my team or any team. Tony Sprano was a misrable SOB as my dolphins HC.. so was Nick Saban.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #91 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:

I don't know. I have a white collar job, but wear shorts and a t-shirt - weather permitting - while working.

Quote:
thats what i got from his actions and interviews yes. I would say that if he was the coach of my team or any team. Tony Sprano was a misrable SOB as my dolphins HC.. so was Nick Saban.
Your dolphins?
tajikey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:

I know you...or any other Belichick HaTerz!! won't read all 6 pages...but give it a shot. You might learn to not judge a book by its cover...

Friends know a different Bill Belichick than Patriots fans do - The Boston Globe
Old 01-22-2013, 08:11 AM   #93 (permalink)

If I were the commissioner I would fine him every game for the unprofessional dress he wears on the sideline. I'd enforce suit and tie for all coaches.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:12 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
I know you...or any other Belichick HaTerz!! won't read all 6 pages...but give it a shot. You might learn to not judge a book by its cover...

Friends know a different Bill Belichick than Patriots fans do - The Boston Globe
Nice, but a person's true character is revealed in times of hardship and struggle, and in how a person treats others that have no significant place in their life.

Last edited by viking118480; 01-22-2013 at 08:16 AM.
viking118480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:01 AM   #95 (permalink)

Quote:

It was just awkward watching him wander around in that hoodie trying to find Harbaugh after the game. He was lost out there, wearing that torn up hoodie over his head, hunched cover, wandering about with all these big football players hovering over him. I said to my wife, "Belichick looks like ET out there."

Typical Belichick at it again - classless jerk-e-t-wallpaper-et-extra-terrestrial-1281699-1024-768.jpg Typical Belichick at it again - classless jerk-myers21s-4-web.jpg
Old 01-22-2013, 09:03 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:

there is nothing wrong with that (even though its a torn shirt lol).. that's not how he normally dresses on the side line though. He's normally in a $20 hoodie and $5 sweats lol
Old 01-22-2013, 09:06 AM   #97 (permalink)

Quote:
there is nothing wrong with that (even though its a torn shirt lol).. that's not how he normally dresses on the side line though. He's normally in a $20 hoodie and $5 sweats lol
Yeah..that's pretty much what he always wears...a sweatshirt or polo with khaki's....
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fungi2510 View Post
I love how people defend this juvenile response by the Pats. It is his job to get up there after a game and do what he is supposed to do. If any of you supporters of this, decided well I have had a bad day I am going home, you would be fired. It is not an entitlement issue as BamBam says, it is a requirement of all coaches after games. Grow up, take your loss like a man, and learn how to actually win a big game again without "video support."

Anyone that is comparing your experience to this is crazy. You are not an NFL coach, you do not get paid for doing what you are supposed to do. I know he will get fined and whatever, but the man needs to be raked over the coals for this petty incident.
First off, his job is to coach a football team. Secondly, I know the NFL has these asinine rules about talking to the media but the media also have this sense of entitlement that you HAVE to talk to us whenever we shove a mic in your face. Coaches are human beings with emotions not robots. If you don't feel like talking at that moment you shouldn't be forced to by anyone including the powers that be in the NFL. Do people really need to ask him how he feels after a loss ? How the f*ck do you think he feels ? Like sh*t. Of course if he says something like that he gets fined so he chooses to just not say anything. Get a life if you feel you really need to hear stuff like that after a game. Give the guy a chance to compose himself and go up to the podium or even a chance to sleep on it and do his presser the next day. Yup, rake him over the coals

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
First off, his job is to coach a football team. Secondly, I know the NFL has these asinine rules about talking to the media but the media also have this sense of entitlement that you HAVE to talk to us whenever we shove a mic in your face. Coaches are human beings with emotions not robots. If you don't feel like talking at that moment you shouldn't be forced to by anyone including the powers that be in the NFL. Do people really need to ask him how he feels after a loss ? How the f*ck do you think he feels ? Like sh*t. Of course if he says something like that he gets fined so he chooses to just not say anything. Get a life if you feel you really need to hear stuff like that after a game. Give the guy a chance to compose himself and go up to the podium or even a chance to sleep on it and do his presser the next day. Yup, rake him over the coals
just wondering.. if the patriots just beat the jets and rex ryan did what belichick did.. what do you HONESTLY believe your repsonse would be to it?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
just wondering.. if the patriots just beat the jets and rex ryan did what belichick did.. what do you HONESTLY believe your repsonse would be to it?
Same thing. Where did that come from ? This has nothing to do with being a fan of either coach or organization as I'm not and that should have been apparent based on my previous posts.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote