Blowout Cards Forums
Football promo

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #101 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
First off, his job is to coach a football team. Secondly, I know the NFL has these asinine rules about talking to the media but the media also have this sense of entitlement that you HAVE to talk to us whenever we shove a mic in your face.
The CBS interview was not a requirement.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #102 (permalink)

Quote:
Same thing. Where did that come from ? This has nothing to do with being a fan of either coach or organization as I'm not and that should have been apparent based on my previous posts.
I dont troll people's posts sorry lol.. I don't get the mentality though. These are PROFESSIONAL coaches correct? They are paid by teams right? In their contracts it does say they have media obligations after games and during the week before a game do they not?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
The CBS interview was not a requirement.
Tell that to Fungi, he believes all interviews are requirements.

Seriously though, I'm not sure if the sideline ones are or aren't after games, I know the pressers are or you get fined. I just remembered the red headed sideline reporter, while she was unknowingly still on air, b*itching about the Stanford coach following the Rose Bowl that he agreed to do a quick interview after the game and blew her off. They went to commercial and presto, she got her 3 minutes of interview time to ask him the obvious before he got to accept the trophey.

ALWAYS BUYING '97 LEGENDS AUTOS OR H.O.F. AUTO NEEDS
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:57 AM   #104 (permalink)
Temporarily Suspended

Belichick was probably already on his way to Key West to go fishing with Jimmy Johnson.
Astronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #105 (permalink)

Quote:
Tell that to Fungi, he believes all interviews are requirements.

Seriously though, I'm not sure if the sideline ones are or aren't after games, I know the pressers are or you get fined. I just remembered the red headed sideline reporter, while she was unknowingly still on air, b*itching about the Stanford coach following the Rose Bowl that he agreed to do a quick interview after the game and blew her off. They went to commercial and presto, she got her 3 minutes of interview time to ask him the obvious before he got to accept the trophey.
Belichick not in the wrong following Sunday’s loss ? Boston Sports Media Watch
Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #106 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imac7065 View Post
I dont troll people's posts sorry lol.. I don't get the mentality though. These are PROFESSIONAL coaches correct? They are paid by teams right? In their contracts it does say they have media obligations after games and during the week before a game do they not?
LOL Really ? If you don't know what I posted throughout the thread then you shouldn't make assumptions and ask me stupid questions no ?

Anyway, so the league forcing people to talk to reporters means they should EVERY time ? Why ? Did you and Fungi really need to hear Belichick say he's upset that they lost to get a sense of fulfillment immediately after the game was over ? Couldn't wait for the presser ?

Old 01-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #107 (permalink)

Cool ! This backs up my personal opinion as well. Good looking out

Old 01-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #108 (permalink)

Hey, everybody look, an OPINION piece by a Boston Media company...

They don't have a bias in this...
freethrowtommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #109 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post

I will highlight the important part for you.

"BSMW confirmed with an NFL media relations representative that Belichick did not violate the NFL’s media relations policy by not speaking with CBS following the game."

Last edited by pac213up; 01-22-2013 at 11:13 AM.
pac213up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #110 (permalink)

Quote:
LOL Really ? If you don't know what I posted throughout the thread then you shouldn't make assumptions and ask me stupid questions no ?

Anyway, so the league forcing people to talk to reporters means they should EVERY time ? Why ? Did you and Fungi really need to hear Belichick say he's upset that they lost to get a sense of fulfillment immediately after the game was over ? Couldn't wait for the presser ?
I reply to what I see... I don't read every post sorry.

As for belichick.. don't give a flying BLEEP about what he had to say or where he said it. I care that he thinks rules don't apply to him and when he breaks them he is doing no wrong though. He's done so many many times during his career.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:13 AM   #111 (permalink)

Quote:
I reply to what I see... I don't read every post sorry.

As for belichick.. don't give a flying BLEEP about what he had to say or where he said it. I care that he thinks rules don't apply to him and when he breaks them he is doing no wrong though. He's done so many many times during his career.
Didn't read the article I see...
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:14 AM   #112 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Didn't read the article I see...
as someone pointed out it was an editorial in the boston media.. show me a national article saying the same and I will gladly read it. It's like reading an article by rush limbaugh on President Obama's agenda lol.

I believe coaches are required to talk to sideline and tv reporters when requested to do so after the game. I would assume CBS made that request.. but could be wrong.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:16 AM   #113 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethrowtommy View Post

Quote:
"BSMW confirmed with an NFL media relations representative that Belichick did not violate the NFL’s media relations policy by not speaking with CBS following the game."
I guess we'll find out who's telling the truth if he gets fined this week.

The only people that see this as a big deal are the media and a few on here who I'm sure aren't letting personal feelings toward Billy get in the way. If it's nothing personal and you really have that much of a problem with someone not stating the obvious for your viewing pleasure then I can only suggest you get out of the house more. Life is outside waiting, even for you

Old 01-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #114 (permalink)

Quote:
as someone pointed out it was an editorial in the boston media.. show me a national article saying the same and I will gladly read it. It's like reading an article by rush limbaugh on President Obama's agenda lol.

I believe coaches are required to talk to sideline and tv reporters when requested to do so after the game. I would assume CBS made that request.. but could be wrong.
So you're not even going to bother reading it? Wow....
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #115 (permalink)

Quote:
So you're not even going to bother reading it? Wow....
Since I know you are a republican.. would you read an article by Keith Olbermann about the next republican primary? That's how I view biased articles.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #116 (permalink)

Quote:

OK how about Tony Dungy's comments?

Dungy talked about Bill Belichick not doing an interview with CBS after the game. He said that Belichick did what he was required to do, and that doesn’t make him a poor loser. “He’s got quirky ways when he wins, too,” Dungy said.

Dungy said that Belichick was more gracious when the Patriots lost to the Colts then when they won. When they won, Belichick didn’t say much.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:34 AM   #117 (permalink)
Approved Group Break Host

Quote:
Since I know you are a republican.. would you read an article by Keith Olbermann about the next republican primary? That's how I view biased articles.
He just can't help himself. Secretly he likes being piled on.
jlzinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #118 (permalink)

Quote:
OK how about Tony Dungy's comments?

Dungy talked about Bill Belichick not doing an interview with CBS after the game. He said that Belichick did what he was required to do, and that doesn’t make him a poor loser. “He’s got quirky ways when he wins, too,” Dungy said.

Dungy said that Belichick was more gracious when the Patriots lost to the Colts then when they won. When they won, Belichick didn’t say much.
another opinion.. he's entitled to it.. so is the guy in the article.. so are you. But if the rules actually say a coach is required to interview when the tv reporter requests (which you can correct me if I am wrong on).. then he did in fact break that rule.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:42 AM   #119 (permalink)

Quote:
another opinion.. he's entitled to it.. so is the guy in the article.. so are you. But if the rules actually say a coach is required to interview when the tv reporter requests (which you can correct me if I am wrong on).. then he did in fact break that rule.
If you cared about anything other than you own irrational ramblings you would see that they are not obligated to do sow.

They must speak to the assembled media after the game.

Does it make him a whiney bitch? Yes.
Did he break a rule? No
Old 01-22-2013, 11:43 AM   #120 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
If you cared about anything other than you own irrational ramblings you would see that they are not obligated to do sow.

They must speak to the assembled media after the game.

Does it make him a whiney bitch? Yes.
Did he break a rule? No
I've been in this thread for 2 days now.. you suddenly show up when its time to troll me.. please just stop now before this gets stupid.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:47 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
I've been in this thread for 2 days now.. you suddenly show up when its time to troll me.. please just stop now before this gets stupid.

I'm pointing out messed up thinking.

You 100% Believe he broke the rules when it has been stated that he hasn't.
You have thrown your political bias into this thread.

But remember...it's NEVER the narcissistic Floridian with the horrible social disorders. IT's EVERYONE ELSE!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 11:49 AM   #122 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to groundsupport

He gave the post game interview to all reporters and hugged John Harbaugh, and even John Harbaugh called him classy.

So OP and Shannon Sharpe have no Merit on this non-issue.
groundsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:50 AM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlzinck View Post
I'm pointing out messed up thinking.

You 100% Believe he broke the rules when it has been stated that he hasn't.
You have thrown your political bias into this thread.

But remember...it's NEVER the narcissistic Floridian with the horrible social disorders. IT's EVERYONE ELSE!!!
You ever think that you troll me because of your own personal mental illness? You seem to get a great thrill about pissing people off on the internet. You go thread to thread trying to find ways to instigate trolling attacks (especially on me, but to others as well).. then call me the narcissit? You really should look in the mirror.. hypocrisy is an ugly, fickle witch.

Now go take a half sentence of mine, make a new signature, and have 10 more people write threads about you.. you seem to love the attention.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:53 AM   #124 (permalink)

S
Quote:
I know you...or any other Belichick HaTerz!! won't read all 6 pages...but give it a shot. You might learn to not judge a book by its cover...

Friends know a different Bill Belichick than Patriots fans do - The Boston Globe
Thanks for posting this. It does give me a much better perspective on BB (a positive one). It changed my mind about him. Looking back, I also remember a piece on the Gumbel show on HBO that was a positive perspective of BB.

On a side note, to give you a little different perspective on the media (I've been in it for 10 years), if anyone wants to say a reporter shouldn't be shoving a mic in front of a coach after a loss, I don't buy the reasoning behind that (the reason being used that it's a tough loss and he should have time to cool off). He should be cordial, a professional, answer the question briefly and go.

As a reporter, I have had (that's right had, otherwise I would be fired for not following my supervisor's orders), to ask some mighty tough questions of people right after an event happens (far tougher than losing a football game), and they answer the questions. They don't run away (and on top of that they aren't making millions to coach a team)
Old 01-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #125 (permalink)

Quote:
You ever think that you troll me because of your own personal mental illness? You seem to get a great thrill about pissing people off on the internet. You go thread to thread trying to find ways to instigate trolling attacks (especially on me, but to others as well).. then call me the narcissit? You really should look in the mirror.. hypocrisy is an ugly, fickle witch.
Now go take a half sentence of mine, make a new signature, and have 10 more people write threads about you.. you seem to love the attention.

So instead of looking at yourself and realizing that you are the crux of the problems you have here you blame others. Good for you Jeremy.

And if my responding to people about what they post, pisses them off, well then that is on them.

You see the difference between you and most of the rational thinking world is that when we F up we admit it and go on with our lives?

You? No. You blame everyone and spew your hatered for people who have an (R) next to their party affiliation.

Have a swell day Jeremy!.

PS. There is an ignore feature. But you wont use it because you like the attention.

PPS. Admit it...you ran and rubbed one out when you wrote the bolded part didn't you?

Last edited by jlzinck; 01-22-2013 at 12:00 PM.