Blowout Cards Forums
eBay Card Event 4/27/14 SM

Go Back   Blowout Cards Forums > BLOWOUTS HOBBY TALK > FOOTBALL

FOOTBALL Post your FOOTBALL Cards Hobby Talk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #201 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonNut View Post
Love it!!!
greatest sig ever
phinzphan1372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:12 PM   #202 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pac213up View Post
Q: How about the spying thing Jimmy. You’re a coach does that bother you what Belichick did?

JJ: Oh please. I’ve said it on our show. Eighteen years ago a scout for the Chiefs told me what they did, and he said what you need to do is just take your camera and you go and zoom in on the signal caller and that way you can sync it up. The problem is that if they’re not on the press box side you can’t do it from the press box, you have to do it from the sideline. This was 18 years ago.

Q: Where’d you put your guy who was videotaping? Where was he?

JJ: My guy was up with my camera crew in the press box. So you’d just put an extra camera up with your camera crew in the press box who zoomed in on the signal callers. That’s the best way to do it, but anyway you can’t always do that because the press box camera crew might be on the same side as the opposing team. If they’re on the same side as the opposing team that’s when you need to do it from the sideline.

Q: Did you ever steal signals?

JJ: Oh in a heartbeat, yeah. Yes I did.

Q: Via video, Jimmy? Or no?

JJ: Oh yeah, I did it with video and so did a lot of other teams in the league. Just to make sure that you could study it and take your time, because you’re going to play the other team the second time around. But a lot of coaches did it, this was commonplace.

Q: But did you do it by taping the signal caller?

JJ: Yeah.

2007 National Football League videotaping controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."[27]

where did your quote come from?
Old 01-22-2013, 09:10 PM   #203 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinzphan1372 View Post
2007 National Football League videotaping controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
After footage from the actual tape was aired on Fox NFL Sunday on September 16, former Dallas Cowboys head coach Jimmy Johnson claimed, "This is exactly how I was told to do it 18 years ago by a Kansas City Chiefs scout. I tried it, but I didn't think it helped us." Johnson also said, "Bill Belichick was wrong because he videotaped signals after a memo was sent out to all of the teams saying not to do it. But what irritates me is hearing some reactions from players and coaches. These players don't know what their coaches are doing. And some of the coaches have selective amnesia because I know for a fact there were various teams doing this. That's why the memo was sent to everybody. That doesn't make [Belichick] right, but a lot of teams are doing this."[27]

where did your quote come from?
So JJ didn't think it helped that much.. Apparently it won the Patriots 3 Super Bowls from it.

What I get from this whole thing is majority of teams videotaped signals the same way as the "spygate incident". The league sent a message telling them to all stop. The Patriots neglected the warning and continued to video tape signals. BB and the Patriots were fined(and had picks taken away) for not obeying.
^Is that basically what happened?
Old 01-23-2013, 07:28 AM   #204 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey phinzphan...you do realize Jimmy Johnson admitted to doing exactly what Belichick did, right?

Dolphins fans are THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!
BTW I hate Jimmy.... hated him with the cowboys hated what he did to the phins and hate him as an analyst.....

Btw where does it say he taped games with the phins? think if he learned that from a KC assistant 18 years before the article came out that would put that about 88-90 right around the time the cowboys started their winning ways? coincidence? hmmmmm
Old 01-23-2013, 07:49 AM   #205 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phinzphan1372 View Post
BTW I hate Jimmy.... hated him with the cowboys hated what he did to the phins and hate him as an analyst.....

Btw where does it say he taped games with the phins? think if he learned that from a KC assistant 18 years before the article came out that would put that about 88-90 right around the time the cowboys started their winning ways? coincidence? hmmmmm
So he learns something that (according to you) wins him a bunch of games in Dallas.

Yet he stops (according to you) when he gets to be your favorite teams head coach.

Gotcha.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #206 (permalink)

Quote:
So he learns something that (according to you) wins him a bunch of games in Dallas.

Yet he stops (according to you) when he gets to be your favorite teams head coach.

Gotcha.

didn't say he did or didn't..... just kinda funny he admits to it and at the time he supposedly tries it and supposedly does not work and stops?.... just asking is it or isn't a coincidence? hmmmm ..... kinda like the pats losing for decades and all of a sudden becoming dominant and then .... spy gate pops up calling everything the *** PATSTERIX's *** have done questionable .......hmmmmm

but I'm just crazy according to you guys!

Just wait I can give you an even bigger conspiracy about the pats and winning ....hmmmm that will be another day!

" If the cap fits.... let them wear it" - Bob Marley

off to work!

Last edited by phinzphan1372; 01-23-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #207 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
I don't see why anyone is REQUIRED to talk to the media immediately following such a big loss. Some people take losing hard because they put so much into their season. I like Shannon Sharpe but he is talking like an employee when he rips Bill.

Leaving the SuperBowl before time ran out without shaking the other coach's hand was classless but not wanting to talk to someone shoving a mic in your face right after a huge loss is completely understandable.

Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. Too many people in sports these days only care about the pay check. At least Bill gives a sh*t that his team lost and he's probably already second guessing some of his decisions during that game.
Yeah well I don't see why anyone is required to do anything then. It is a requirement that he signed up for when he became a coach. If you don't like the requirement, then retire and do something else. If you want to coach, then take off your little boy pants, put on your big boy pants and tough it out and do your interview.

You act like he is the only one that is hurt after a game. Everyone is upset, just like him. He's the only one that is not mature enough to overcome it is all.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artist’s Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collector’s Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:05 AM   #208 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by panamamyers View Post
Yeah well I don't see why anyone is required to do anything then. It is a requirement that he signed up for when he became a coach. If you don't like the requirement, then retire and do something else. If you want to coach, then take off your little boy pants, put on your big boy pants and tough it out and do your interview.

You act like he is the only one that is hurt after a game. Everyone is upset, just like him. He's the only one that is not mature enough to overcome it is all.
I fail to see where you are coming from. He gave his normal post-game presser. He has talked to the media as he normally does ever since the game.

So because he didn't give Steve Tasker five seconds of "It was a tough game, congrats to the Ravens, they outplayed us and outcoached us" he is a little boy with little boy pants on who is immature?

I can't even begin to imagine how seriously you must take sports to have this affect you so much...

Last edited by BostonNut; 01-23-2013 at 09:19 AM.
BostonNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #209 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88horsepower View Post
Curious. Does cheating because "everyone else is doing it" make it right to cheat? First off, I don't believe that everyone cheats. I believe there are some that hold themselves to a higher standard. But, honestly, do people here actually think it's okay to cheat because so many others are speculated as having done it? I guess those that do believe it's okay don't have a very high standard of ethics. Just like cheating on your wife isn't okay just because you have friends that cheat on their wives/spouses.
I dont think patriots fans point to other teams who cheated because they want everyone to think cheating is ok. I think they do it because they want all you self rightious $@*!!@bags to realize that your teams were doing it also....so get off your high @$!$ing horse!! That is why Patriots fans point out that it was being done all over the NFL

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 35/36 Any help is appreciated!
wingah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #210 (permalink)

Quote:
I fail to see where you are coming from. He gave his normal post-game presser. He has talked to the media as he normally does ever since the game.

So because he didn't give Steve Tasker five seconds of "It was a tough game, congrats to the Ravens, they outplayed us and outcoached us" he is a little boy with little boy pants on who is immature?

I can't even begin to imagine how seriously you must take sports to have this effect you so much...
Doesn't affect me at all. I just saw the thread here and replied. Quit making excuses for him. He is supposed to give the interview to Tasker, period. Belittle it and trivialize it all you want. If he were supposed to contractually go and kick the pylon through the goal posts after every game, then he needs to damn well do that. He needs to grow up and act like a mature adult. Quit acting like he has cornered the market on putting in work and feeling bad about losing.
Buying large lots of the following:1993 Pacific Triple Folders Gold, 1996 Select Certified Artist’s Proof, 1997 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 1998 Collector’s Edge Masters 50 Point, 1999 Prestige SSD Spectrum Gold, 2000 Topps Gallery Private Issue, 2001 Pacific Invincible Blue, 2002 Flair Collection, 2003 Skybox LE Gold Proofs
panamamyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:18 AM   #211 (permalink)

Quote:
Doesn't affect me at all. I just saw the thread here and replied. Quit making excuses for him. He is supposed to give the interview to Tasker, period. Belittle it and trivialize it all you want. If he were supposed to contractually go and kick the pylon through the goal posts after every game, then he needs to damn well do that. He needs to grow up and act like a mature adult. Quit acting like he has cornered the market on putting in work and feeling bad about losing.
Is there any chance he may have forgotten?
Old 01-23-2013, 09:22 AM   #212 (permalink)

Quote:
People dont read the threads.....it has already been stated 10 times that he DOES NOT have to give a sideline reporter an interview after the game. The only thing he HAS to do is the media press conference. If he does not do that he gets fined. It has also been pointed out that a lot of coaches do not give the interview. 49ers coach didnt after the game ...from what ive been hearing on sports talk radio and its a common occurrence.

Rob Gronkowski RC collection 35/36 Any help is appreciated!

Last edited by wingah; 01-24-2013 at 09:46 AM.
wingah is offline   Reply With Quote